[LPF] Mopping Up

DalkonCledwin

First Post
OOC: I am probably going to regret this...

Tonris shrugs and says "Well better me than anyone else I suppose." And reaches out and touches the Altar for a brief second.

Qik

First Post
[sblock=OOC]Lu, being unkillable and severely less powerful, would have been a better choice. Or an elemental, for that matter. Too late now.[/sblock]

DalkonCledwin

First Post
[sblock=OOC]Actually not necessarily. What if the Artifact has properties that bind an Elemental on it's home plane for a certain duration making it inaccessable for that duration. Additionally the Artifact has demonstrated properties that absorb any spells that it comes into contact with almost immediately. I doubt using an Elemental would have given you any additional information other than the fact that it does the same exact thing to spell-like abilities as well. Our best bet of learning additional information is to have one of us mortal beings touch the artifact, for better or ill[/sblock]

sunshadow21

Explorer
OOC: At least you're chaotic; otherwise that could really have hurt. Just don't be lawful and touch the thing. The effects are random based on what magic it absorbed and the individual's alignment.

Your insides churn as you approach the altar to touch it, and as you touch it, you feel yourself being pulled toward the abyss as your body changes. You manage to pull back, but the changes to your body persist, at least for now. Your face is now that of a half-orc, complete with tusks and a bite attack, your hands resemble bear claws, your skin toughens, giving you +1 natural armor, and your alignment changes to chaotic evil. You also have the effects of protection from law, divine favor, and shield on you. You get the sense that all of these changes are all temporary, but you don't know precisely how long they will last. They are supposed to last 24 hours, if the notes are accurate, but the notes also suggested that the altar may not be at full power immediately, requiring time to fully absorb and contain all the magic trapped within.

DalkonCledwin

First Post
OOC: Rules Question Since my character is now technically Chaotic Evil. Am I allowed to behave in an Evil manner.... i.e. attacking allies and witholding important information and all that evil stuff that chaoticly evil people do? Or do the rules of Living Pathfinder's non-PvP clause still bind my character. Because if they did, being Chaotic Evil would simply be horribly unfun.

sunshadow21

Explorer
OOC: Just bear in mind, it's far more chaotic than evil. Attacking allies would still be stupid. Withholding information would depend on the information. Overall, the altar cares far more about chaotic vs lawful than good vs evil. Evil just kind of comes with the territory of being from the abyss.

DalkonCledwin

First Post
The now Malformed Tonris says to the others "The Altar is of no harm to us. Feel free to touch it. It merely increases your strength and alters your appearance. That is all." After saying that he begins casting each and every one of his remaining spells into the Altar without regard for how the others in his group will react to this.

OOC: OOOOH Ominous Font Color Change!!!

Spells to be cast into the altar include: Cure Light & Moderate Wounds (or possibly Inflict Light & Moderate Wounds, depending on if energy type changed when alignment changed), Ray of Enfeeblement, Guidance, Resistance, Detect Magic, and Stabilize.

Last edited:

Satin Knights

First Post
Arianna continues to hide outside of the room. After sneaking a peek and seeing that Tonris has changed, she readies her longspear in case of a new fight.

Remove ads