[LPF] Return to Boar's Ridge

G

Guest 11456

Yosephus Errol Smithe, Cleric of Amenthia, the Healing Hand

Yosephus raises his hand in a greeting to the troglodyte. "Hail good friend! We seek the exit to these stables. Are we heading in the right direction?"

[sblock=Rolls]Diplomacy check (1d20+7=14)
Sense Motive check (1d20+9=18)[/sblock]
[sblock=Yosephus Mini Stats]Yosephus Errol Smithe
AC: 17 (10 flat-footed, 17 touch)
HP: 12/12
CMB: +0 CMD: 10

Fort: +4 Reflex: +1 Will: +6
Perception: +3 Sense Motive: +9
Initiative: +0

Current Weapon in Hand: Morningstar
Spells:
Orisons: Guidance, Resistance, Virtue
1st Level: Bless, Shield of Faith, CLW (Domain)
Domain Powers Remaining Today:
Rebuke Death: 6/6
Resistant Touch: 6/6
Race Features:
Halo Status: OFF
Incorruptible: 1/1[/sblock]

Satin Knights

First Post
The troglodyte looks at you and hisses, "Ssstuupid huummans! Yooourr exxit isss thhhaaat waaay!" as he waves the nasty looking weapon, pointing back the way you came from.

[sblock=Yosephus]The ugly weapon in his hand is just a farming scythe. You can tell that he is "in" on the joke of newbies being put through the gauntlet of fright and stench.

You are pretty sure you can simply ride past him, although he is probably the stinkiest thing in here. (DC 13 Fort save going by.)

Trog's Well practiced bluff (1d20+2+2=17)
[/sblock]

Voda Vosa

First Post
Muzdum

"Alright, I've had enough." The dwarf says, unmounting in the fastest and graceless way he can. "I'll rip ye open if ye don't move aside ugly; I've had things twice as big as ye fer breakfast!"

resrick

First Post
144px-The_Alchemist_by_yuumei.jpg

The hissing voice of the troglodyte startles Devlin from his writing and he looks up with startled eyes to see the massive thing in front of them.

"Oh my!" I think you may be correct Tamarie. I have a feeling someone somewhere is having a good laugh at our expense."
He looks back and forth between his allies. "Any ideas for dealing with this situation. Doesn't sound like he is going to be very diplomatic about the whole situation. And of course if we go back the way we came we will be that much farther behind."

Devlin looks around the creature and notices the large gap of the arch. " I only see him thee and a gap that is to large for a single creature to block 5 strong adventurers. We could just go on past and forget the creature and leave him for the next band of misadventureres. Or maybe someone slightly more diplomatic can get us past. To many choices really. Personally i would love to sit down and learn more about him, but i know we are on a tight schedule."

The sudden outburst of the dwarf startles Devlin as the Dwarf swiftly unmounts and begins heading toward the Troglodyte. "Lets not be hasty good dwarf! No need to delay any longer on account of the creature. Im sure we can just go on by. Though it might be worth waiting around after to see the look on group of adventurers faces when they see the creature."

[sblock=ministats]Devlin Eldlya

AC: 16 (13 flat-footed, 14 touch)
HP: 10/10
CMB:+0 CMD: 13
Fort: +4 Reflex: +6 Will: +1

Perception: +6
Initiative: +5

Bombs: 6/6
Mutagen Prepared: Dexterity (+4 DEX +2 Nat Armor - 2 WIS)

Extracts Prepared: 1: Bomber’s Eye/Targeted Bomb Admixture 2: ___
Formulae List: Bomber's Eye, Cure Light Wounds, Disguise Self, Enlarge Person, Targeted Bomb Admixture

Current Weapon in Hand: none
Current Conditions in Effect: None

Used Items:
None

Read more: http://livingpf.wikia.com/wiki/Devlin_(resrick)
[sblock= Devlin's Journal]
Day 1 - Our journey hasn't yet to begin, but I am all aflutter with excitement. A man named Cratchen has hired us to go to a place near boar's ridge to help put down a few necromancer goblins that seem to have made their home there. Doesn't seem like the last set of adventurers did much good for the place. HE said he wants the place cleaned out completely and I think I have some ideas for that. (Scribbles of a mathematical formula are scribbled along the next couple of lines) Oh, my companions seem to be pretty strong. There is Yoseph, Muzdum, Darvus, and now Tamarie. I'm sure this will be a most exciting adventure thats for sure.
We have run into some most fascinating creatures on our way out of town. They look like a mix between horses and eagles. It seems to me they enjoy playing jokes on would be travelers though because they continue to laugh uncontrollably at our poor clerics misfortune. Note: These creatures would make magnificent mounts if they could be trained properly. I will have to do some research on a potion that would make them more docile. Note 2: I should also figure out what the creatures are called. Maybe some books will show me when we get back from our adventure.
[/sblock]
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Voda Vosa

First Post
Muzdum

"Ye think too much, gnome. Generally, I prefer to bash first, then ask questions." Muzdum replied. "What sort of pansy dwarf clan did ye grew up among again? "

G

Guest 11456

Yosephus Errol Smithe, Cleric of Amenthia, the Healing Hand

Yosephus starts riding his mount directly toward the troglodyte and the gate. Although meaning to just ride past the creature he gets sick as he gets near the beast. He still plans to continue on through the gate.

[sblock=Roll]Fortitude save (1d20+4=10)[/sblock]
[sblock=Yosephus Mini Stats]Yosephus Errol Smithe
AC: 17 (10 flat-footed, 17 touch)
HP: 12/12
CMB: +0 CMD: 10

Fort: +4 Reflex: +1 Will: +6
Perception: +3 Sense Motive: +9
Initiative: +0

Current Weapon in Hand: Morningstar
Spells:
Orisons: Guidance, Resistance, Virtue
1st Level: Bless, Shield of Faith, CLW (Domain)
Domain Powers Remaining Today:
Rebuke Death: 6/6
Resistant Touch: 6/6
Race Features:
Halo Status: OFF
Incorruptible: 1/1[/sblock]

Aura

Explorer
Tamarie the Songweaver
Looking at the creature with a degree of distrust, the song weaver urges Buttercup forward, continuing on behind Yosephus and Chester. The whole time, she struggles to keep from being overcome by the horrid smell.

[sblock]Second Fort save or be sickened: 1D20+1 = [14]+1 = 15

Does that make it? (I hope so.)[/sblock]

[sblock=Tamarie Mini Stats]Tamarie
AC: 12 (10 flat-footed, 12 touch)
HP: 7/7
CMB: +0 CMD: 12

Fort: +1 Reflex: +2 Will: +2
Perception: +2 Sense Motive: +0
Initiative: +2

First Level spells remaining: 4/4
Heavenly Fire remaining: 7/7
Bolts remaining: 20/20

Current Conditions in Effect: none
Temporary items in possession: none
Items not currently in possession: none
Items depleted: none
Money: +50gp(retainer),-25gp(horse rental)[/sblock]

Halivar

First Post
Darvus Andar, Paladin of Helerion

180px-OsareMaleHero1.png

Darvus growls at the new commotion. "I have simply had enough of this!" he says under his breath. He presses the horse forward, and intends to ride right past the trog, with a politic, if somewhat trite, salutary gesture.

[sblock=Rolls]Fortitude save vs sickened: 1d20+3=12[/sblock][sblock=Mini Stats]Darvus Andar
AC: 16 (15 flat-footed, 11 touch)
HP: 11/11
CMB: +5 CMD: 16
Fort: +3 Reflex: +1 Will: +1

Perception: -1
Initiative: +1

Smite Evil: 1/1

Current Weapon in Hand: Falchion (+5, x2, 2d4+6) [Power Attack +4, x2, 2d4+9]

Used Items:
None

[/sblock]

Last edited:

resrick

First Post
144px-The_Alchemist_by_yuumei.jpg

Devlin follows the others as they head towards the gate entrance, pulling a vial out of his jacket and holding it to his noise to help dampen the smells of the the creature as the odor becoems greater and great. He turns toward Muzdum and addresses him with a slight frown, sounding slightly nasally with the vial near his nose.

"First off good dwarf, I am not a gnome I am a halfling. Second, I grew up among the clan of the city of Copperhead. They are a brave bunch that are willing to use their heads for more than beating them against rocks as I have noticed many dwarves feel is necessary."

[sblock=Roll]
Fort save against he troglodytes stench: 1D20+4 = [11]+4 = 15

[/sblock]

[sblock=ministats]Devlin Eldlya

AC: 16 (13 flat-footed, 14 touch)
HP: 10/10
CMB:+0 CMD: 13
Fort: +4 Reflex: +6 Will: +1

Perception: +6
Initiative: +5

Bombs: 6/6
Mutagen Prepared: Dexterity (+4 DEX +2 Nat Armor - 2 WIS)

Extracts Prepared: 1: Bomber’s Eye/Targeted Bomb Admixture 2: ___
Formulae List: Bomber's Eye, Cure Light Wounds, Disguise Self, Enlarge Person, Targeted Bomb Admixture

Used Items:
None

Read more: http://livingpf.wikia.com/wiki/Devlin_(resrick)
[sblock= Devlin's Journal]
Day 1 - Our journey hasn't yet to begin, but I am all aflutter with excitement. A man named Cratchen has hired us to go to a place near boar's ridge to help put down a few necromancer goblins that seem to have made their home there. Doesn't seem like the last set of adventurers did much good for the place. HE said he wants the place cleaned out completely and I think I have some ideas for that. (Scribbles of a mathematical formula are scribbled along the next couple of lines) Oh, my companions seem to be pretty strong. There is Yoseph, Muzdum, Darvus, and now Tamarie. I'm sure this will be a most exciting adventure thats for sure.
We have run into some most fascinating creatures on our way out of town. They look like a mix between horses and eagles. It seems to me they enjoy playing jokes on would be travelers though because they continue to laugh uncontrollably at our poor clerics misfortune. Note: These creatures would make magnificent mounts if they could be trained properly. I will have to do some research on a potion that would make them more docile. Note 2: I should also figure out what the creatures are called. Maybe some books will show me when we get back from our adventure.
[/sblock]
[/sblock]

Satin Knights

First Post
When Muzdum challenges him, he shakes and points the scythe to the north. "Dwarrrveen exxit thhaat waay, unnderr thhe latreeene!"

After a short pause, he busts out laughing.

As Yosephus approaches, the trog takes a step back and lets him pass. He laughs heartily as Yosephus and Darvus, the big strong men, struggle to keep their lunch down.
[sblock=Status]
11/11 HP ~ AC 16 ~ Darvus ~ Sickened 10 rounds (-2 to rolls)
12/12 HP -6NL ~ AC 17 ~ Yosephus ~ Bruised, Sickened 10 rounds (-2 to rolls)
26/26 HP ~ AC 22 ~ Muzdum ~ dismounted
10/10 HP ~ AC 16 ~ Devlin ~ fine
..7/7..HP ~ AC 12 ~ Talisa ~ fine

??/?? HP ~ AC ?? O101 ~ troglodyte
[/sblock][sblock=Map]
stable6.jpg
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads