[LPF] Return to Boar's Ridge

Halivar

First Post
Darvus Andar, Paladin of Helerion

180px-OsareMaleHero1.png

"All the approaches are covered, and charging would be foolhardy," says Darvus. "Is it possible to enter by subterfuge?"

[sblock=Mini Stats]Darvus Andar
AC: 16 (15 flat-footed, 11 touch)
HP: 11/11
CMB: +5 CMD: 16
Fort: +3 Reflex: +1 Will: +1

Perception: -1
Initiative: +1

Smite Evil: 1/1

Current Weapon in Hand: Falchion (+5, x2, 2d4+6) [Power Attack +4, x2, 2d4+9]
Current Conditions in Effect: None

Used Items:
None

[/sblock]

Satin Knights

First Post
[sblock=ooc]Once you get past the river, you are able to see the bluff rising in the distance. Once you get closer, it is more evident that between the two pillars is a gently rising road going to the fort. The cliff wall to the north of the pillars would require climbing gear. To the south of the pillars, it is hills. So, you can approach through there. Carts and wagons are expected along the trail/road.

If anyone is at the pillars or on the top of the cliff looking down, they have a good chance of spotting you if you are on the trail. If they are on the northern edge of the cliffs, they can watch traffic along the main road. Moving through the woods, off of the trail, has a much better chance of hiding you, as the canopy of the trees is thick and would obscure you well. But, it is a much slower travel.

Darvus has no local knowledge of the area, but was told by Cratchen that kobolds are running the fort now. Being such a tall man, looking like a kobold might just be a little difficult. [/sblock]

Aura

Explorer
Tamarie the Songweaver
Seeing the pillars grow closer, Tamarie starts to look concerned. "One way or another, I think we need to get off the road, now. We can plan while we move through the forest. I don't know what to do about the horses, though." She looks into the forest to the right, thinking about whether horses would fare well in there.

[sblock=Tamarie Mini Stats]Tamarie
AC: 12 (10 flat-footed, 12 touch)
HP: 7/7
CMB: +0 CMD: 12

Fort: +1 Reflex: +2 Will: +2
Perception: +2 Sense Motive: +0
Initiative: +2

First Level spells remaining: 4/4
Heavenly Fire remaining: 7/7
Bolts remaining: 20/20

Current Weapon in Hand: none
Current Conditions in Effect: none
Temporary items in possession: none
Items not currently in possession: none
Items depleted: none
Money: +50gp(retainer),-25gp(horse rental)[/sblock]

resrick

First Post
144px-The_Alchemist_by_yuumei.jpg

As the plateau grows closer, Devlin begins to wonder about the approach to the area himself. ​"I have to say I agree with Tamarie. It would be best if we congregated somewhere besides eye shot of the hilltop I believe."

With that he begins to pull Molly aside from the road to hide himself a little better from the view of the hilltop.

[sblock=ooc] Gotcha on the 2 extractions thing at a time. In that case I prepared just the Bomber's Eye one and left my second slot open....just in case. [/sblock]

[sblock=ministats]Devlin Eldlya

AC: 16 (13 flat-footed, 14 touch)
HP: 10/10
CMB:+0 CMD: 13
Fort: +4 Reflex: +6 Will: +1

Perception: +6
Initiative: +5

Bombs: 6/6
Mutagen Prepared: Dexterity (+4 DEX +2 Nat Armor - 2 WIS)

Extracts Prepared: 1: Bomber’s Eye 2: ___
Formulae List: Bomber's Eye, Cure Light Wounds, Disguise Self, Enlarge Person, Targeted Bomb Admixture

Used Items:
None

Read more: http://livingpf.wikia.com/wiki/Devlin_(resrick)
[sblock= Devlin's Journal]
Day 1 - Our journey hasn't yet to begin, but I am all aflutter with excitement. A man named Cratchen has hired us to go to a place near boar's ridge to help put down a few necromancer goblins that seem to have made their home there. Doesn't seem like the last set of adventurers did much good for the place. HE said he wants the place cleaned out completely and I think I have some ideas for that. (Scribbles of a mathematical formula are scribbled along the next couple of lines) Oh, my companions seem to be pretty strong. There is Yoseph, Muzdum, Darvus, and now Tamarie. I'm sure this will be a most exciting adventure thats for sure.

We have run into some most fascinating creatures on our way out of town. They look like a mix between horses and eagles. It seems to me they enjoy playing jokes on would be travelers though because they continue to laugh uncontrollably at our poor clerics misfortune. Note: These creatures would make magnificent mounts if they could be trained properly. I will have to do some research on a potion that would make them more docile. Note 2: I should also figure out what the creatures are called. Maybe some books will show me when we get back from our adventure.

We have finally stopped on our journey to Boar's Ridge, but sadly were unable to find an inn anywhere close by. I guess tonight my little tent will have to suffice. Anyways, the adventure has been pretty boring thus far, but I am excited to finally reach this place very soon. I truly wonder what type of great things we will see once we get there. Note: Do not forget to prepare my Nimble Cat Mutagen and Bomber's Eye/Targeted Bomb Admixture in the morning.
[/sblock]
[/sblock]

Halivar

First Post

180px-OsareMaleHero1.png

"We've not a moment to lose, then," says Darvus as he dismounts and begins leading his mount deeper into the woods. He looks around for a sturdy tree to tie his horse to. Darvus turns back to the group and says, "I agree with Tamarie. We should leave our horses out of danger."

Used Items:
None

[/sblock]

Satin Knights

First Post
Taking the cautious approach of moving through the forest, you get glimpses of the ridge top and pillar formations from time to time through the trees. You think there is something atop of the pillars, but it is hard to make out at a distance. Sneaking up and taking care to not to be seen yourself, you can eventually get a vantage point close enough to see that there is something there.

On each pillar stands a motionless figure. Bleached bones stare out at the world. Each holds a bow in their bony hands. They are still hard to see from this distance, but they seem to stand there like scarecrows, motionless.

By being cautious, it has taken you eight hours to get this far. That is enough work for a horse in a day, so they will get cantankerous if you try to ride them further. If you walk and lead them by the reins, the grudgingly come along.

[sblock=Status]You still have four hours of daylight. That can let you move away a bit and camp for the night, charge on foot getting to the fort about dusk, park the horses and sneak up to deal with the pillar guardians, or something else the evil GM hasn't planned for. :D You are still about a mile out, and are only getting and idea of what is up there on take20 perceptions. So, where you are at is relatively safe from being spotted.

11/11 HP ~ AC 16 ~ Darvus ~
12/12 HP ~ AC 17 ~ Yosephus ~
26/26 HP ~ AC 22 ~ Muzdum ~
10/10 HP ~ AC 16 ~ Devlin ~
..7/7..HP ~ AC 12 ~ Tamarie ~
[/sblock][sblock=Map]You can travel along the brown road at three squares an hour. The dark grey line is a winding forest trail that you can get two squares an hour. Going 'cross-country' through the forest without a trail gets you one square an hour. The rock formations are cliffs with the two pillar rocks guarding the "entrance" to the hill. But, to the south of the pillars, it is simply a steep hill to climb up to the plateau instead of a cliff face. So, you can enter by the "trail" on the expected path, or sneak south a bit more for coming up the hill. The plateau top is some three hundred feet higher than the surrounding area. So, it is easy to spot from a distance, or to have spotters look out from.

ridge2.png
[/sblock]

Aura

Explorer
Tamarie the Songweaver
Buttercup seems to have had enough for the day, becoming a little irritable. Tamarie looks a little concerned, patting the animal's strong shoulder, "Buttercup looks tired. Should we head west to the stream, camp for the night, then proceed on foot next day? Then the horses would be easy to find and have available water. Or something else?"

[sblock=Tamarie Mini Stats]Tamarie
AC: 12 (10 flat-footed, 12 touch)
HP: 7/7
CMB: +0 CMD: 12

Fort: +1 Reflex: +2 Will: +2
Perception: +2 Sense Motive: +0
Initiative: +2

First Level spells remaining: 4/4
Heavenly Fire remaining: 7/7
Bolts remaining: 20/20

Current Conditions in Effect: none
Temporary items in possession: none
Items not currently in possession: none
Items depleted: none
Money: +50gp(retainer),-25gp(horse rental)[/sblock]

Halivar

First Post

180px-OsareMaleHero1.png

"I concur," says Darvus, "But let us make no campfires this evening."

Used Items:
None

[/sblock]

resrick

First Post
144px-The_Alchemist_by_yuumei.jpg

Devlin grumbles a little as he hops off of Molly to begin drawing her into the woods "Two nights in a row having to deal with the outdoors AND no fire to have a decent cooked meal. BAAAHHH!"

He follows the rest into the woodline to help begin setting up a camp for the evening, thinking to himself 'is to much to ask for an inn and some hot food and a warm bed?'

"Woldn't it be better if we tried to enter the place at night. I am no rogue myself, but it does seem a little simpler to bypass those sentries if we can and go ahead and get rid of the head of the snake. We do that then we don't have to worry about these little baby snakes trying to bite us."

[sblock=ministats]Devlin Eldlya

AC: 16 (13 flat-footed, 14 touch)
HP: 10/10
CMB:+0 CMD: 13
Fort: +4 Reflex: +6 Will: +1

Perception: +6
Initiative: +5

Bombs: 6/6
Mutagen Prepared: Dexterity (+4 DEX +2 Nat Armor - 2 WIS)

Extracts Prepared: 1: Bomber’s Eye/Targeted Bomb Admixture 2: ___
Formulae List: Bomber's Eye, Cure Light Wounds, Disguise Self, Enlarge Person, Targeted Bomb Admixture

Used Items:
None

Read more: http://livingpf.wikia.com/wiki/Devlin_(resrick)
[sblock= Devlin's Journal]
Day 1 - Our journey hasn't yet to begin, but I am all aflutter with excitement. A man named Cratchen has hired us to go to a place near boar's ridge to help put down a few necromancer goblins that seem to have made their home there. Doesn't seem like the last set of adventurers did much good for the place. HE said he wants the place cleaned out completely and I think I have some ideas for that. (Scribbles of a mathematical formula are scribbled along the next couple of lines) Oh, my companions seem to be pretty strong. There is Yoseph, Muzdum, Darvus, and now Tamarie. I'm sure this will be a most exciting adventure thats for sure.

We have run into some most fascinating creatures on our way out of town. They look like a mix between horses and eagles. It seems to me they enjoy playing jokes on would be travelers though because they continue to laugh uncontrollably at our poor clerics misfortune. Note: These creatures would make magnificent mounts if they could be trained properly. I will have to do some research on a potion that would make them more docile. Note 2: I should also figure out what the creatures are called. Maybe some books will show me when we get back from our adventure.

We have finally stopped on our journey to Boar's Ridge, but sadly were unable to find an inn anywhere close by. I guess tonight my little tent will have to suffice. Anyways, the adventure has been pretty boring thus far, but I am excited to finally reach this place very soon. I truly wonder what type of great things we will see once we get there. Note: Do not forget to prepare my Nimble Cat Mutagen and Bomber's Eye/Targeted Bomb Admixture in the morning.
[/sblock]
[/sblock]

G

Guest 11456

Yosephus Errol Smithe, Cleric of Amenthia, the Healing Hand

Yosephus follows the group as they alter their course.

[sblock=Yosephus Mini Stats]Yosephus Errol Smithe
AC: 17 (10 flat-footed, 17 touch)
HP: 12/12
CMB: +0 CMD: 10

Fort: +4 Reflex: +1 Will: +6
Perception: +3 Sense Motive: +9
Initiative: +0

Current Weapon in Hand: Morningstar
Spells:
Orisons: Guidance, Purify Food and Drink, Resistance
1st Level: Bless, Shield of Faith, CLW (Domain)
Domain Powers Remaining Today:
Rebuke Death: 6/6
Resistant Touch: 6/6
Race Features:
Halo Status: OFF
Incorruptible: 1/1[/sblock]

Remove ads