[LPF] Return to Boar's Ridge

Halivar

First Post
Darvus Andar, Paladin of Helerion

180px-OsareMaleHero1.png

Darvus gasps in horror as the dwarf runs by him towards the entrance. "Oh gods," he says as he looks helplessly at his compatriots. "The die is cast." He draws his sword and chases after the dwarf.
[sblock=OOC]LOL, if we charge into an empty fort I'm going to feel like an idiot! :p[/sblock]
[sblock=Mini Stats]Darvus Andar
AC: 16 (15 flat-footed, 11 touch)
HP: 11/11
CMB: +5 CMD: 16
Fort: +3 Reflex: +1 Will: +1

Perception: -1
Initiative: +1

Smite Evil: 1/1

Current Weapon in Hand: Falchion (+5, x2, 2d4+6) [Power Attack +4, x2, 2d4+9]
Current Conditions in Effect: None

Used Items:
None

[/sblock]

Aura

Explorer
Tamarie the Songweaver
Seeing Mudzum take off and Darvus follow suit, spell singer Tamarie holds her hands out and begins a short, melodic verse. The sound almost tangibly gathers around her before disappearing from sight, at which point she begins the mad dwarf chase with her comrades.

[sblock=Action]Cast Mage Armor (increased AC figured into stat block). Move to catch up as much as possible. I think Tamarie is the only one in the group with a 30' move so this will cover a variety of non-move actions before we get there, such as drawing and loading her crossbow.

I envision her Mage Armor to be very much like the regular spell, but any blows stopped or deflected by the spell trigger a somewhat musical tone upon striking the protective sound, much like hitting a bell: the pitch dependent on the angle and power of the strike. Not tremendously loud, but there is some sound.[/sblock]

[sblock=Tamarie Mini Stats]Tamarie
AC: 16 (14 flat-footed, 12 touch)
HP: 7/7
CMB: +0 CMD: 12

Fort: +1 Reflex: +2 Will: +2
Perception: +2 Sense Motive: +0
Initiative: +2

First Level spells remaining: 3/4
Heavenly Fire remaining: 7/7
Bolts remaining: 20/20

Current Weapon in Hand: none
Current Conditions in Effect: Mage Armor (1 hour)
Temporary items in possession: none
Items not currently in possession: none
Items depleted: none
Money: +50gp(retainer),-25gp(horse rental)[/sblock]

G

Guest 11456

Yosephus Errol Smithe, Cleric of Amenthia, the Healing Hand

Yosephus shrugs and runs after the others.

[sblock=Yosephus Mini Stats]Yosephus Errol Smithe
AC: 17 (10 flat-footed, 17 touch)
HP: 12/12
CMB: +0 CMD: 10

Fort: +4 Reflex: +1 Will: +6
Perception: +3 Sense Motive: +9
Initiative: +0

Current Weapon in Hand: Morningstar
Channel Energy: 6/6
Spells:
Orisons: Guidance, Purify Food and Drink, Resistance
1st Level: Bless, Shield of Faith, CLW (Domain)
Domain Powers Remaining Today:
Rebuke Death: 6/6
Resistant Touch: 6/6
Race Features:
Halo Status: OFF
Incorruptible: 1/1[/sblock]

resrick

First Post
144px-The_Alchemist_by_yuumei.jpg

Devlin looks in surprise as his comrades run forward into the midst of the ruins. After everyone takes off ahead of him he shrugs to himself and pulls his sling out just in case trouble finds them as they run in.

[sblock=ooc]HAHAHAHA what have I caused!!!! [/sblock]

[sblock=ministats]Devlin Eldlya

AC: 16 (13 flat-footed, 14 touch)
HP: 10/10
CMB:+0 CMD: 13
Fort: +4 Reflex: +6 Will: +1

Perception: +6
Initiative: +5

Bombs: 6/6
Mutagen Prepared: Dexterity (+4 DEX +2 Nat Armor - 2 WIS)

Extracts Prepared: 1: Bomber’s Eye/Targeted Bomb Admixture 2: ___
Formulae List: Bomber's Eye, Cure Light Wounds, Disguise Self, Enlarge Person, Targeted Bomb Admixture

Used Items:
None

Read more: http://livingpf.wikia.com/wiki/Devlin_(resrick)
[sblock= Devlin's Journal]
Day 1 - Our journey hasn't yet to begin, but I am all aflutter with excitement. A man named Cratchen has hired us to go to a place near boar's ridge to help put down a few necromancer goblins that seem to have made their home there. Doesn't seem like the last set of adventurers did much good for the place. HE said he wants the place cleaned out completely and I think I have some ideas for that. (Scribbles of a mathematical formula are scribbled along the next couple of lines) Oh, my companions seem to be pretty strong. There is Yoseph, Muzdum, Darvus, and now Tamarie. I'm sure this will be a most exciting adventure thats for sure.

We have run into some most fascinating creatures on our way out of town. They look like a mix between horses and eagles. It seems to me they enjoy playing jokes on would be travelers though because they continue to laugh uncontrollably at our poor clerics misfortune. Note: These creatures would make magnificent mounts if they could be trained properly. I will have to do some research on a potion that would make them more docile. Note 2: I should also figure out what the creatures are called. Maybe some books will show me when we get back from our adventure.

We have finally stopped on our journey to Boar's Ridge, but sadly were unable to find an inn anywhere close by. I guess tonight my little tent will have to suffice. Anyways, the adventure has been pretty boring thus far, but I am excited to finally reach this place very soon. I truly wonder what type of great things we will see once we get there. Note: Do not forget to prepare my Nimble Cat Mutagen and Bomber's Eye/Targeted Bomb Admixture in the morning.
[/sblock]
[/sblock]

Satin Knights

First Post
Muzdum takes off, charging towards the compound. Since the trees and wall do provide a little cover, and it requires little deviation from a direct route, he uses the cover as he approaches. Tamarie spends a moment to cast a spell, then takes off after the dwarf. With such a long distance to close just to get to the wall, she and Devlin both are able the get ahead of the dwarf and men in armor, getting to the wall first.

Devlin peeks around the corner of the wall while the others finish getting to it. The fort is oddly shaped. Some parts are one story (light gray) while others are two stories tall. (dark grey) The wall seems to cut straight through the structure. There may have been a big door at the front of the structure at one time, but now there is just a large square hole leading into darkness.

To the left, a small outdoor religious shrine stands with a stone alter. To the right, the wall had been broken in several places. The rubble looks to be sloped enough to be climbable, but there is a good chance that it would be unstable.

Up top of the wall, flanking the main structure, two bone guardians keep watch. These guardians, unlike their brethren at the pillars, are not motionless. They seem to be walking a four point pattern, looking over the wall to the west, along the wall to the south, over the wall to the east, and along the wall to the north. It is a short and consistent pattern. Devlin is able to make out the the closer one has a bow in hand.

[sblock=OOC]Sorry for my long absence. Most of the issues that have kept me away have been resolved, so I should be back to a normal schedule for most of the fall.[/sblock]
[sblock=Status] Devlin thinks you got this far unnoticed. Perception vs. Distance has been your friend up to this point.
11/11 HP ~ AC 16 ~ Darvus ~ falchion in hand
12/12 HP ~ AC 17 ~ Yosephus ~
26/26 HP ~ AC 22 ~ Muzdum ~
10/10 HP ~ AC 16 ~ Devlin ~ sling in hand, Perception (1d20+6=18)
..7/7..HP ~ AC 16 ~ Tamarie ~ MA 595r
[/sblock][sblock=Map]
Approach6.png
[/sblock]

Aura

Explorer
Tamarie the Songweaver
Arriving at the wall earlier than most of her comrades, the song weaver takes the opportunity to unlimber and load her crossbow. She sees Devlin looking out across the courtyard with interest, but focuses on accomplishing her current task effectively.

[sblock=Tamarie Mini Stats]Tamarie
AC: 16 (14 flat-footed, 12 touch)
HP: 7/7
CMB: +0 CMD: 12

Fort: +1 Reflex: +2 Will: +2
Perception: +2 Sense Motive: +0
Initiative: +2

First Level spells remaining: 3/4
Heavenly Fire remaining: 7/7
Bolts remaining: 20/20

Current Weapon in Hand: Crossbow(loaded)
Current Conditions in Effect: Mage Armor (594r)
Temporary items in possession: none
Items not currently in possession: none
Items depleted: none
Money: +50gp(retainer),-25gp(horse rental)[/sblock]

G

Guest 11456

Yosephus Errol Smithe, Cleric of Amenthia, the Healing Hand

Once at the wall Yosephus catches his breath before trying to determine his next course of action. "What now? We could try to sneak along the base of the wall and attack each from below. But I am not very sneaky." He emphasizes this by moving around in his armor.

[sblock=Yosephus Mini Stats]Yosephus Errol Smithe
AC: 17 (10 flat-footed, 17 touch)
HP: 12/12
CMB: +0 CMD: 10

Fort: +4 Reflex: +1 Will: +6
Perception: +3 Sense Motive: +9
Initiative: +0

Current Weapon in Hand: Morningstar
Channel Energy: 6/6
Spells:
Orisons: Guidance, Purify Food and Drink, Resistance
1st Level: Bless, Shield of Faith, CLW (Domain)
Domain Powers Remaining Today:
Rebuke Death: 6/6
Resistant Touch: 6/6
Race Features:
Halo Status: OFF
Incorruptible: 1/1[/sblock]

Voda Vosa

First Post
Muzdum

Muzdum breathes heavily, "Boy! What a run! Too bad I lost. I could try to climb up there and distract them, I doubt they'll manage to hit me with my shield. You could then sneak by and bust their skulls, eh?"

resrick

First Post
144px-The_Alchemist_by_yuumei.jpg

As the group finally catches up to Devlin and Tamarie, Devlin stops peeking over the wall and addresses the rest of the group with what he sees.

It looks like there are a few on the walls roaming around that are for sure "alive". The one I see has a bow which could cause some problems if he is any decent shot. I say we try to take them out by sneaking under like you
suggested. If we decide to let them stick around, maybe we can make it in the door. If they do hear or see us maybe they will come down into the lower level and make our lives a little easier.

​He looks to the others to see what their opinions on the matter are.

[sblock=ministats]Devlin Eldlya

AC: 16 (13 flat-footed, 14 touch)
HP: 10/10
CMB:+0 CMD: 13
Fort: +4 Reflex: +6 Will: +1

Perception: +6
Initiative: +5

Bombs: 6/6
Mutagen Prepared: Dexterity (+4 DEX +2 Nat Armor - 2 WIS)

Extracts Prepared: 1: Bomber’s Eye/Targeted Bomb Admixture 2: ___
Formulae List: Bomber's Eye, Cure Light Wounds, Disguise Self, Enlarge Person, Targeted Bomb Admixture

Used Items:
None

Read more: http://livingpf.wikia.com/wiki/Devlin_(resrick)
[sblock= Devlin's Journal]
Day 1 - Our journey hasn't yet to begin, but I am all aflutter with excitement. A man named Cratchen has hired us to go to a place near boar's ridge to help put down a few necromancer goblins that seem to have made their home there. Doesn't seem like the last set of adventurers did much good for the place. HE said he wants the place cleaned out completely and I think I have some ideas for that. (Scribbles of a mathematical formula are scribbled along the next couple of lines) Oh, my companions seem to be pretty strong. There is Yoseph, Muzdum, Darvus, and now Tamarie. I'm sure this will be a most exciting adventure thats for sure.

We have run into some most fascinating creatures on our way out of town. They look like a mix between horses and eagles. It seems to me they enjoy playing jokes on would be travelers though because they continue to laugh uncontrollably at our poor clerics misfortune. Note: These creatures would make magnificent mounts if they could be trained properly. I will have to do some research on a potion that would make them more docile. Note 2: I should also figure out what the creatures are called. Maybe some books will show me when we get back from our adventure.

We have finally stopped on our journey to Boar's Ridge, but sadly were unable to find an inn anywhere close by. I guess tonight my little tent will have to suffice. Anyways, the adventure has been pretty boring thus far, but I am excited to finally reach this place very soon. I truly wonder what type of great things we will see once we get there. Note: Do not forget to prepare my Nimble Cat Mutagen and Bomber's Eye/Targeted Bomb Admixture in the morning.
[/sblock]
[/sblock]

Remove ads