[LPF] Rodents of Unusual Size, pt 2

G

Guest 11456

Hawk, Little Halfling with a Big Sword

After Wahyu casts the healing spell Hawk is feeling much better. She pauses a for a moment longer and then stands. She seems to take a quick check of her body, flexing muscles and the like. "I am still a bit weak. Nothing a little sleep won't fix. But for now I am ready to enter the mausoleum." She cautiously approaches the entrance to the mausoleum and peers in. "Now, I believe you were saying something about a bin? We need to grab some torches, light some and we'll be on our way." She looks around inside searching for a bin.

[sblock=Hawk Mini Stats]Hawk
AC: 19 (15 flat-footed, 15 touch)
HP: 13/13
CMB: +2 CMD: 16

Fort: +4 Reflex: +5 Will: +1
Perception: +6 Sense Motive: +0
Initiative: +4

Current Weapon in Hand: Greatsword(2-handed)
Current Conditions in Effect: -1 CON
Rage Rounds remaining Today: 3/6[/sblock]

Aura

Explorer
Peering Inside the Mausoleum

Healed of her physical injuries by Wahyu, the halfling mistress of rage cautiously peers inside the door. It's a small room, featuring little in the way of furniture (a table and two chairs) and, just as suggested by Cruendithas, a bin with about a half dozen torches sits against the wall just a couple feet from the door. The smell wafts up from the stairs on the far wall, stale death mixed with musty basement smell. The former is rather expected, but the musty smell is unusual. (Crypt areas are best kept dry.)

It is no problem for Cruendithas to light a torch, although it's not a quick process. Other torches can be lit from the first, up to however many the group wishes to carry.

"Those rats might get out while we're down there, and cause problems," Abram (Owlbear) observes. "I'll stay here and knock 'em out if they try!" He shadow boxes some imagined low lying opponent in demonstration of his point.

[sblock=ooc]
On the issue of torches, there are as many as 6, which you can choose to use however you like. Just be clear on who is carrying one, and how. It's easy to run out of hands when trying to juggle torches and weapons in a combat.

Additionally, you'll want to organize what sort of 'marching order' (I hate the term, but it has its uses) you will use going into the crypt area. I'm going to hold Abram/Owlbear back on the surface unless Matthew speaks up soon, so he'll be safely out of the way yet close enough to rejoin the adventure. For now, plan on a party of four.

As Tailspinner has alluded to, with the exception of being weaker (-1 CON), Hawk is healed up. Nice roll by Commander Fallout on that. :)

Light your torches, plan up, and sally forth.
[/sblock]

G

Guest 11456

"I can either carry my sword and no torch or carry a dagger and a torch. As far as order I will go first, unless someone else wishes to." Hawk turns to Abram and nods. "As you wish." She then waits for the others to chime in.

[sblock=OOC]Marching order or 'munching' order?[/sblock]

BigB

First Post
cruendithas.jpg
Cruendithas takes a torch and gets ready to move on."I will carry a torch in place of my buckler and stay in the second row. We should stay closer together as a group so that we are not too far apart to help one another." to Hawk "If you will be able to see well enough then it would be best for you to Carry your sword. If not then you could use my short sword."

[sblock=mini stats]
Cruendithas
Initiative +1
AC: 15 (without shield/ Flat:15, Touch: 12)
HP: 10 current: 10
CMB: -1 / CMD: 10 Fort: +1 / Ref: +3 / Will: +3
Resistence: 0
Current Weapon in Hand: None – torch

Spell Like Abilities: Dancing Lights, Ghost Sound, Prestidigitation, Speak with Animals

0 Lvl Spells:
Acid Splash, Detect Magic, Read Magic, Mage Hand

1st Lvl Spells: 3/3 per day
Cure Light Wounds, Grease

[/sblock]

G

Guest 11456

"If you will be able to see well enough then it would be best for you to Carry your sword. If not then you could use my short sword."

"I will be fine. I actually prefer the larger weapon." Hawk then waits for the other two to decide their positions.

BokaliMali

First Post
Not at all nervous about descending into a darkened tomb no way who told you that it's not true, Alec cleared his throat and said "I'll just, uh, stay behind Hawk. Because we'll, uh, need... uh," he ends the sentence with a mumble. Replacing the club in his pack, Alec grabs one of the torches and slips the vial full of mutagen he had prepared that morning into his other hand, just in case.

[sblock=Alec Mini Stats]
[/FONT[URL="http://livingpf.wikia.com/wiki/Alec_Morgan"][url]http://livingpf.wikia.com/wiki/Alec_Morgan[/URL]]Alec Morgan[/URL]
AC: 14 (11 flat-footed, 13 touch)
HP: 10/10
CMB: +4 CMD: 15

Fort: +4 Reflex: +3 Will: +2
Perception: +5 Acrobatics, Climb: +4Swim: +5
Initiative: +3

Current Weapon in Hand: Torch, dex mutagen
Current Conditions in Effect: none
Spells remaining: Bomber's eye, dex mutagen
Temporary items in possession: none
Items not currently in possession: none
Items depleted: none
[/sblock]

Commander_Fallout

First Post
"It seems to me that wearing that small shield wouldn't hinder your ability to hold that torch, but it is your choice. As for me, I shall follow close behind." the oracle grinned, while stroking his chin. At this, he turned and returned to the tree and retrieved his bolt from its bark.
[sblock=OOC]He retrieves the bolt.

Yeah, you can carry stuff in the same hand as a buckler and still be able to use it, you'll just take a -1 penalty on attacks with whatever you're holding in that hand (and considering it'd be an improvised weapon anyway, I doubt you would be except in dire circumstances.[/sblock]
[sblock= Wahyu's Mini Stats]
wayangavi_zpsd834477b.png

Wahyu
AC: 16 (14 flat-footed, 13 touch)
HP: 9/9
CMB: -1 CMD: 11
Fort: +1 Reflex: +2 Will: +3
Perception: +3, Darkvision 60 ft
Initiative: +6
Current Weapon in Hand: Light Crossbow (+2, 1d6+0, 19-20 x2)
Current Conditions in Effect: -
Spells Remaining (1st): 3/4

Used Items:
-

Abilities Used:
-
[/sblock]

Aura

Explorer
[sblock=Shields]
A light shield lets you carry an item in your shield hand, although you may not not wield it.
A buckler lets you wield weapons or cast spells with the shield hand, although you don't get the shield bonus while doing so. It is implied in the explanation of why those abilities are granted that you can also simply hold an item (torch) in the shield hand while using a buckler.
[/sblock]

G

Guest 11456

The order decided and torches lit, Hawk heads toward the stairs down followed by Cruendithas, Alec and Wahyu. Meanwhile Abram remains at lookout.

[sblock=OOC]Order is Hawk, Cruendithas, Alec and Wahyu. Torches are carried by Cruendithas and Alec.[/sblock]

Aura

Explorer
Down The Stairs

The intrepid group heads down the stairs, natural light quickly fading and replaced by torchlight. The stairwell turns right (west) before coming into a circular room. The stairs split and continue downward along the edges of the circle; bannisters help prevent one from falling into the center. The middle of the room is open. On the opposite side, it looks like it may continue further to the west (albeit at a lower level), but it's hard to tell at the edge of torchlight.

The room has no distinctive features outside of religious frescos adorning the walls, which are quite old and have faded considerably over the years. The most prominent figure in these frescos is a two faced woman. Other figures include classic trappings of Venzan religious practice.

[sblock=Religion check DC 10, can be untrained]This is an old depiction of the modern goddesses Cortesia and Cortessa, who were originally held to be one goddess with multiple faces. This sort of imagery has long since been removed from the public square and is quite rare.
[sblock=Religion check DC 15, trained only or Bard]The religious trappings are, for the most part, similar although being older, tend to have a slightly more animistic feel than modern equivalents. These two observations date the frescos to at least a couple hundred years old.[/sblock]
[/sblock]

Remove ads