[LPF] Rodents of Unusual Size, pt 3

Aura

Explorer
With the sudden challenge from Myrtle, Jonas comes running to Cruendithas' aid, calming his mount as the shock of the abrupt encounter races through the gnome. By the time Dunkel and Mystie arrive on the scene, Cruendithas is feeling a bit better about himself--enough to think properly, anyway. And Myrtle is calming down with Jonas' guidance, although she still seems a bit uneasy--her body language is clearly one of tension, even for those unaccustomed to equine behavior. Piper stops her grazing, but doesn't come any closer, as the other horses and ponies mill about restlessly.

When the gems come into question, Cruendithas procures them and puts them up for examination. More physical examination, as well as two different types of magical examination, reveal nothing unusual about the stones, leaving the sudden act of aggression an unsolved mystery.

[sblock=The Gems]Not magical, not evil, and no odd features that would distinguish them from others of the same kind.[/sblock][sblock=Cruendithas]Although you may feel a little uneasy, the condition of shaken is officially removed[/sblock][sblock=Jonas]Myrtle is calming down, your take Handle Animal 10 is enough for that. However, there is information to be had at higher DC's if you wish to roll. Contingent upon a Handle Animal check, a Heal check is also allowed--you can pro-roll it if you like.[/sblock]

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
[section]

With the stones proving completely mundane, Jonas returns his attention to his favorite horse. However, a careful check and review of his limited knowledge of animals reveals no new information.​
[/section]

[sblock=Actions/Rolls]Handle Animal, Heal (1d20+4=6, 1d20+6=17)[/sblock]

Initiative: +04
AC: 17 (12 Touch, 15 Flat-Footed)
HP: 40/40
Senses: DarkVision (60’) Perception: +10
CMB: +06 CMD: 18 (+8/20 vs. Trip)
Fort: +07 Reflex: +02 Will: +05
[/sblock]

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
"Hmph. I can nae find any problems with them gems, lad. I suppose maybe that mount ain't quite right in the head. We'll just hafta keep an eye on her," Dunkel suggests.

Satin Knights

First Post
[section]
"Bubba, should we just ask Myrtle what is wrong?" *bark*

So, she nudges the dog over to the big horse while pulling out a piece of paper. "Myrtle dear, this will let you listen to the whinnys of the two legged folk. I share my gift of tongues until tomorrow."
Casting a spell and touching her leg gently, the horse gets a little more understanding of the words in the air.

"Do you understand my words now?"
"Bob you head up and down for yes. Snort for a no."
"Did that one do something wrong?"
as she points to Cruendithas.
"Does he smell dangerous?"
"Is he carrying something dangerous?"
"Did he hurt you?"

"Wait, why am I playing twenty questions? Jonas, she carries you around, you talk with her."

[sblock=Actions]Mystie: Handle Animal to approach without getting kicked (1d20+10=22), cast "Share Language (common)" on Myrtle. She now understands common and can carryout complex commands, even read signs.
Bubba: move
[/sblock][sblock=Mystie Thissiledew's Mini-stats]Mystie Thissiledew
HP 45/45, AC 14, 10 Touch, 14 FF; Init -1, Darkvision 60', Move 15'
Fort: +5, Reflex +2, Will +5, CMB -2, CMD 7
Perception +4, Sense Motive +4, Spellcraft +5, Linguistics +2, Stealth +4, Handle Animal +10

Dagger +0, d4-3
Lt Crossbow +2, d6, range 80' increment, 9 bolts
Thrown Dagger +2, d4-3, range 10' increment

.,,,.....,,,,,,..Orisons: Detect Magic, Read Magic, Create Water, Guidance, Stabilize
.,,,.....,,,,,,..Orisons: Mage Hand, Ghost Sound
.,,,.....,,,,,,.Cantrips: Message, Jolt, Breeze, Umbrella
Racial Spells:
(1/day) Dancing Lights , Flare, Prestidigitation, Produce Flame
.,,.,,...Oracle 1st Lvl: 6/7 remaining; Cure Light Wounds, Bless, Protection from Evil, Ill Omen, Murderous Command
.,,.,,.,,..Bard 1st Lvl:
1/3 remaining; Share Language, Grease (DC 15)
.Bardic Performance:
4/9 remaining;
......,,.......Consumables: 1 Cure Light Wounds potion, Mystie's Wand of Cure Light Wounds (25/25 ch)
......,,.......Consumables: 3 Alchemists' Fires, 2 Antitoxin, 4 Antiplague, 10 Vermin Repellants
Consumables: 2 Scrolls of Lesser Restoration, 12/12 days trail rations, 12/12 days of dog food
....................... Scrolls: Endure Elements, Comp Languages, Diagnose Disease
....................Channels: 6 of 6 left, 2d6, DC 16, Selective excluding 5 opponents
...............Energy Body: 3 of 3 left, Healing elemental body 1d6+3 if someone moves through my square
Immediate Action:
Misfortune, force immediate reroll, once per creature per day
..................................If bad guy rolls 15-20, reroll
..................................If friend rolls 12 or less on a dangerous save, reroll
If friend rolls 10 or less on an attack for the base die roll, reroll
..................................This consumes the swift action
Bubba: Mastiff riding dog, Low light vision + scent; Perception +5,
Understands Common
(from Share Language)
AC 13, Touch 12, FF 11
HP 16/16
.... Fort +5, Reflex +5, Will +1; Move: 40'
..................CMB +3, CMD 15 (19 vs. Trip)
Melee: Bite +3, 1d6+3 plus trip
Tricks: Attack, Attack Unnatural Creatures, Defend, Heel, Flank and Hunt

Effects:
In hand:
[/sblock]
[/section]

Aura

Explorer
As Jonas continues to soothe his mount, Mystie casts a magical spell. Almost immediately, Myrtle's eyes light up and she looks at the Mother Rabbit's Oracle straightaway. Mystie speaks to her, "Do you understand my words now? Bob you head up and down for yes. Snort for a no."

Myrtle bobs her head experimentally, then looks for a result.

"Did that one do something wrong?" as Mystie points to Cruendithas. Myrtle pauses notably, then bobs her head again.

"Does he smell dangerous? Is he carrying something dangerous? Did he hurt you?" Mystie continues to ask. Each question produces an immediate snort from the powerful steed.
[sblock=Sense Motive]Sense motive checks may give you further insight (DC 20 - Variant of Hunch)[/sblock]

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
[section]

Jonas watches with interest as Mystie works her magic on his steed, and concentrates fiercely on the beast's reactions as the little Gnome asks her questions.​
[/section]

[sblock=Actions/Rolls]Sense Motive Jonas can do - he'll Take 10, for a total of 20.[/sblock]

[/sblock]

Last edited:

Aura

Explorer
[sblock=Jonas]Your best gut feeling on Myrtle's answers is that she is not being deceptive, but Mystie's question about Cruendithas doing something 'wrong' was hard for her to answer.

PS: Mystie is a gnome. :)[/sblock]

BigB

First Post
cruendithas.jpg
Crue listens to the interrogation of Myrtle and when she nods her head yes he understands why she reacted as she did. He cautiously approaches her, but keeps a little distance. "Did you not like that I cast a spell to make speech from the items packed on the other horse? If I promise not to do that again unless one of you is in danger will that be better? Perhaps apples for all of you when we get back to town."To the group he explains. "I thought to joke with Dunkel and make his axe speak as though an elder woman telling him to clean up. Much like a dear aunt of mine used to do when I was much younger. A simple jest intended for a laugh as we travel. I shall not do so again unless aimed at someone or something that intends harm to us."

[sblock=mini stats]

Cruendithas - shaken
Initiative +1
AC: 17 (with shield/ Flat:16, Touch: 12)
HP: 26 current: 26
CMB: +1 / CMD: 12 Fort: +2 / Ref: +4 / Will: +4
Resistence: 0
Current Weapon in Hand: Buckler in off hand

Spell Like Abilities: Dancing Lights, Ghost Sound*, Prestidigitation, Speak with Animals
Arcane Strike +1
0 Lvl Spells:
Acid Splash, Detect Magic, Read Magic, Mage Hand, Message, Light

1st Lvl Spells: 1/4 per day
Cure Light Wounds, Grease, Expeditious Retreat, Identify

Archaeologist's Luck (+1) rounds/day: 3/6

Cruendithas

[/sblock]

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
[section]

"That may be it, Crue . . . Mystie's question about you doing something "wrong" seemed hard for her to answer. I don't know, though . . . it would be very unusual for a horse to be able to associate random sounds and gestures from one person with speech coming from another's pack or belt. Much less to associate it with mage-craft."

Jonas turns back to Myrtle. "Myrtle, if it was something Crue did that upset you, bob your head. If it was something about him that's got you uneasy, stomp your hoof."
[/section]

[sblock=Actions/Rolls]--[/sblock]

[/sblock]

Commander_Fallout

First Post

Wahyu sat crosslegged upon the ground, watching the happenings. He chuckled all the while, speaking out to no one in particular, "And here I thought that the outside world would always be so boring. Ah ha, what a strange time and place I have found myself in..."

Last edited:

Remove ads