• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[LPF] Rodents of Unusual Size, pt 3

Aura

Explorer
The head goblin, listening to the exchange, interjects after Jonas speaks, his words coming a little slowly this time. "Part of me want to go to city, have new experience, but I know better. They treat us bad there, I know... I know. Even worse for little friend--he have nothing to gain in that. Fear... pain... whole time."

Looking to Wahyu, the little monster continues, "You call life... transitory. We have other words... short... cheap. Most you hope for long life, almost assume. We hope for full bellies and quick deaths. Try to make it better for the next. We born into a different world--tense orc get that." He stops and smiles, finally adding, "Make sense, now?"

After he's said his peace, the goblin begins singing in his native tongue--a sort of twisted farewell. The smaller one joins in soon after.

Last edited:

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
[section]

Jonas smiles that smile once more, although for some reason this time it doesn't feel nearly so threatening. "Well said, little one." He draws out his falchion and sets his stance wide, standing over the lesser of the two and preparing to end its wretched life. "May Iraznog ease your way. Your rebirth will be painful, as all births are, but I hope it is to a better life."
[/section]

[sblock=OOC]Pausing only to give others a chance to chime in with a gladiatorial games' "thumbs up" or "thumbs down." I think I've set it up so that there won't be party ending conflict either way.

Apologies to the rest for dragging it out a bit - it's been a good chance for some needed character development and actual "Iraznog stuff" other than "The Root wants me to end your life."[/sblock]

[sblock=Actions/Rolls]--[/sblock]

Initiative: +04
AC: 17 (12 Touch, 15 Flat-Footed)
HP: 40/40
Senses: DarkVision (60’) Perception: +10
CMB: +06 CMD: 18 (+8/20 vs. Trip)
Fort: +07 Reflex: +02 Will: +05
[/sblock]

BigB

First Post
cruendithas.jpg
"In the end the goblin chooses death. I suppose we all understood that when we first met. We all rushed to combat. So it has been forever between goblins and gnomes. I am afraid forever it yet may be until there is only one, goblin or gnome. You eat gnome and you seek to bring down the city Venza, and for that the good people of Venza would condemn you to death. So here today we, people of Venza will carry out that end. " Having said his piece Crue continues with his task of getting ready to ride on.

[sblock=mini stats]
Cruendithas
Initiative +1
AC: 17 (with shield/ Flat:16, Touch: 12)
HP: 26 current: 26
CMB: +1 / CMD: 12 Fort: +2 / Ref: +4 / Will: +4
Resistence: 0
Current Weapon in Hand: Buckler and wand MM

Spell Like Abilities: Dancing Lights1/1, Ghost Sound 0/1, Prestidigitation1/1, Speak with Animals1/1
Arcane Strike +1
0 Lvl Spells:
Acid Splash, Detect Magic, Read Magic, Mage Hand, Message, Light

1st Lvl Spells: 0/4 per day
Cure Light Wounds, Grease, Expeditious Retreat, Identify

Archaeologist's Luck (+1) rounds/day: 0/6

Wand CLW 10/10
Wand MM 22/25
[/sblock]

Aura

Explorer
The smaller goblin is terrified by the drawing of a weapon by the huge orc, but bolstered by his superior leading him in song. With one swift stroke of Jonas' blade, the duet becomes a solo. Moments later, a second swing brings peace and quiet to the battlefield.

Throughout the entire proceedings, nary a sighting was made of any of the goblins who ran for their lives. The group now stands in uncontested control of the hilltop and, overlooking the river, the bluff where the doorway to the site was spotted earlier. The sun lays low in the sky and soon it will be dark, the early chirping of crickets now meets the adventurers as they mull their options.

[sblock=The Site]A short run from the hill to the river, it turns into a bluff. You saw the door from the river valley, so you would think it is simply facing away from you at this point. Actions?

PS: The goblin encounter was a lot more involved, both in the battle itself and the aftermath (particularly the latter), than I had intended, but I hope people found it interesting.[/sblock]

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
[section]

Jonas stoops to clean his blade on the grass and sheathes it. He stands over the two Goblin bodies for a moment before kneeling to hover a hand inches above each of their torsos. He closes his eyes, a look of concentration on his fierce features, and after a short moment a soft glow fills the air between his palms and the bodies. There he remains for a long moment before the glows dissipate and he sighs deeply.

The big half-orc stands and faces the bluff. "Well, shall we move on then? Our destination awaits."
[/section]

[sblock=Actions/Rolls]Doin' his Sin Eatin' thang.[/sblock]

Initiative: +04
AC: 17 (12 Touch, 15 Flat-Footed)
HP: 40/40
Senses: DarkVision (60’) Perception: +10
CMB: +06 CMD: 18 (+8/20 vs. Trip)
Fort: +07 Reflex: +02 Will: +05
[/sblock]

BigB

First Post
cruendithas.jpg
Crue comes back leading Penelope. "I think we should be moving on and find a place to rest. I for one do not want to spend the night here." He glances at the goblin bodies on the ground. The look on his face betrays his dislike for the racial enemies.

[sblock] I assume as it was getting close to dark before the goblin encounter that they would not have many hours of light left.[/sblock]

[sblock=mini stats]
Cruendithas
Initiative +1
AC: 17 (with shield/ Flat:16, Touch: 12)
HP: 26 current: 26
CMB: +1 / CMD: 12 Fort: +2 / Ref: +4 / Will: +4
Resistence: 0
Current Weapon in Hand: Buckler and wand MM

Spell Like Abilities: Dancing Lights1/1, Ghost Sound 0/1, Prestidigitation1/1, Speak with Animals1/1
Arcane Strike +1
0 Lvl Spells:
Acid Splash, Detect Magic, Read Magic, Mage Hand, Message, Light

1st Lvl Spells: 0/4 per day
Cure Light Wounds, Grease, Expeditious Retreat, Identify

Archaeologist's Luck (+1) rounds/day: 0/6

Wand CLW 10/10
Wand MM 22/25
[/sblock]

G

Guest 11456

Hawk, Little Halfling with a Big Sword

With all of the goblins now dead, Hawk heads back down the hill to where she left her pony. Once she tracks the animal down she mounts up and is ready to go again.

[sblock=Hawk Mini Stats]Hawk
AC: 20 (16 flat-footed, 15 touch)
HP: 50/50
CMB: +5 CMD: 20

Fort: +7 Reflex: +7 Will: +2
Perception: +9 Sense Motive: +0
Initiative: +5

Current Weapon in Hand: Greatsword (2-handed)
Current Conditions in Effect: None
Rage Rounds remaining Today: 3/12[/sblock]

Last edited by a moderator:

Aura

Explorer
[sblock=The Site]The site is just a little downhill from the Goblin camp. As you went up the hill, if you had dog-legged to the right, you would have ended up where you saw the door when you were down in the river--on a bluff overlooking the river.

Now, of course, you'll need to go down there to get your mounts, but you'll end up just walking back up, mostly in the same direction.[/sblock]

G

Guest 11456

Hawk, Little Halfling with a Big Sword

[sblock=Loot]2 x Masterwork Dogslicer (small) 308gp ea
Masterwork Chainmail (small) 300gp
Chainmail (small) 150gp
Potion of Cure Moderate Wounds 300gp
Potion of Cure Light Wounds 50gp
2 x Pearls 200gp ea
"Small Unit Tactics" by Venzan Army 25gp
"Basic Sword and Board" by local sword-master 25gp[/sblock]

Hawk rides the pony (she forgot its name about two seconds after it was told to her) back up the hill to the goblin camp where the others are gathered. Once back at the goblin camp she dismounts and grabs some of the equipment to put on her pony for storage. She grabs the two masterwork dogslicers, the two pearls and the two books. Then she turns to the others. "Someone want to carry the armor and potions?"

[sblock=Hawk Mini Stats]Hawk
AC: 20 (16 flat-footed, 15 touch)
HP: 50/50
CMB: +5 CMD: 20

Fort: +7 Reflex: +7 Will: +2
Perception: +9 Sense Motive: +0
Initiative: +5

Current Weapon in Hand: Greatsword (2-handed)
Current Conditions in Effect: None
Rage Rounds remaining Today: 3/12[/sblock]

Last edited by a moderator:

Remove ads