[LPF] Rodents of Unusual Size, pt 3

Commander_Fallout

First Post
Black blood dripped out from his wound. It was slow, mere droplets, but it was still painful. Wahyu cursed under his breath, and, as the umbral blade stabbed again at the rat, he conjured a black, bubbling screen, enveloping him in its mist.
[sblock=OOC]He casts Shield of Faith on himself.
Spiritual Weapon (1d20+7=15) Miss[/sblock]
[sblock= Wahyu's Mini Stats]Wahyu
AC: 18* (16* flat-footed, 15* touch)
HP: 30/30
CMB: 2 CMD: 14
Fort: +3 Reflex: +4 Will: +6
Perception: +6, Darkvision 60 ft
Initiative: +6
Current Weapon in Hand: Dagger (+4, 1d3+0, 19-20/x2)
Current Conditions in Effect: Shield of Faith (4 min remain)*
Spells Remaining (1st): 6/7
Spells Remaining (2nd): 3/4

Used Items:
Bolts (2/20)
Abilities Used:
SLA: Pass Without Trace[/sblock]

Aura

Explorer
Further Mid-round Updating

With the last active rat teetering on the edge, Cruendithas' magic arrow whistles in, blasting a hole in the side of the vile creature's body and leaving it to crumple before Hawk and Jonas. If there was any chance it might fight again, that question is rapidly answered by Wahyu's magical whirling blade, which tears into the neck of the beast, leaving the head only attached to the body by a single tendon. That rat is dead (again).

The still of the room is broken by the shifting of rodent feet as the last one of the zombie rats shuffles left and right as it cowers in the corner with no place to go, unable to escape from Dunkel's holy majesty.

[sblock=Left to act]Hmmm, Dunkel, Dunkel and Dunkel. In that order. :)
PS: Happy Easter![/sblock]

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Dunkel moves forward to help support the others.

OOC: Sorry, went camping all weekend and the map program doesn't work from my work location. Please move Dunkel forward as far as he can go. No other actions.

Aura

Explorer
Dunkel comes running into the room as the rest of the group descends upon the last of the undead monsters as it tries to stay away from the living. Bob and weave as it might, it cannot dodge your blows forever, and it's already been weakened by a previous blow from Hawk. In short order, it collapses, deprived of unlife, and the room is returned to the eerie near-silence which you found it. At most, the sound of wind, or the odd whisper, breaks the otherwise still.

As you come down from your adrenaline rush (rage induced or not) you are reminded of a couple things. First, it seemed like the dead goblins might have some nice things. Second, the foul stench of the place steps up in importance once again. Several of the bodies are bloated and the least indelicate touch could have disastrous effects.

Outside of your own light sources, the room is lit with what you presume to be magical, but weak, lighting. It is much like candle-light, and it sometimes flickers as the windy sound increases. Above the closed door opposite of where you entered is a sign that reads, "Abandon all hope ye who enter." The script is red and the background black, and it glows just a bit, as if reflecting the darkness itself.

[sblock=Combat Over]The only thing trying to beat down an AC 26 rat (the rules specifically allow for Total Defense) is going to do is take up time and increase frustration. He can't hurt you, so it's only a matter of luck. Nobody need expend any further resource to destroy the last rat, such as rage.

You are all getting credit for destroying five rats: the one Jonas splattered at the beginning of the battle was a viable opponent. These were not trivial opponents, and you prevailed. Congratulations.

We are not out of combat time, so feel free to engage in your normal freeform IC. I'll be posting xp asap. It's a bit busy of a time for me, every game/character I have is demanding attention in the same day.[/sblock]

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Dunkel breathes heavily after the effort and says, "I'm glad that's over. What in Rogar's name happened here? Crue, you look quite hurt. Let me help you."

OOC: Wasting Shatter and Remove Paralysis for 2x Cure Moderate Wounds on Crue.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Mini-Stats
[sblock]
HP: 12/26
AC: 18, AC Touch: 11, AC Flatfooted: 17
INIT: +3 = [DEX (1) + Trait (2)]
BAB: +2, CMB: +4, CMD: 15
Fortitude: +6, Reflex: +3, Will: +7
Speed: 20 ft
Masterwork Battleaxe: Attack: +5, Damage: 1d8+2, Crit: 20/x3, Special: S
Sling: Attack: +3, Damage: 1d4+2, Crit: 20/x2, Range: 50 ft
Channel Positive Energy: 3/4
Spells Prepared:
Level 0 (4) Detect Magic, Guidance, Light, Purify Food and Drink
Level 1 (3+1) Enlarge Person, Protection from Evil, Bless, Magic Weapon
Level 2 (2+1) Bull's Strength

Spells Used
Level 2 (2+1) Remove Paralysis, Shatter
[/sblock]

BigB

First Post
cruendithas.jpg
After Dunkel's helpful healing Crue feels much better. "I was close to joining the rat in death. Thank you for the healing. This is one of those moments in life I shall not forget." He casts CLW on himself to close the wounds farther although Dunkel's healing cured most of the damage done by the rat. Feeling much better he picks up his dropped short sword and returns it to its scabbard. "I think we should proceed a bit more organized or at least I wont take point this time. Who knows what we will find beyond that door. It is quite possible to be more bity dead things or worse. I can send some light out ahead of us as we proceed."
[sblock]
clw on self 1D8+4 = [5]+4 = 9
recover sword
[/sblock]

[sblock=mini stats]
Cruendithas
Initiative +1
AC: 19 fight defensively (with shield/ Flat:16, Touch: 12)
HP: 34 current: 34
CMB: +2 / CMD: 13 Fort: +2 / Ref: +5 / Will: +5
Resistence: 0
Current Weapon in Hand: Buckler in off hand

Spell Like Abilities: Dancing Lights4/4, Ghost Sound1/1, Prestidigitation1/1, Speak with Animals1/1
Arcane Strike +1
0 Lvl Spells:
Acid Splash, Detect Magic, Read Magic, Mage Hand, Message, Light

1st Lvl Spells: 2/4 per day
Cure Light Wounds, Grease, Expeditious Retreat, Identify
2nd Lvl Spells: 2/2 per day
Tongues, Pilfering Hand

Archaeologist's Luck (+1) rounds/day: 7/7

Wand CLW 10/10
Wand MM 21/25

[/sblock]

G

Guest 11456

Hawk, Little Halfling with a Big Sword

After calming herself down after the battle, Hawk goes back to searching the goblin bodies.

[sblock=Roll]Perception check: 1D20+9 = [18]+9 = 27[/sblock][sblock=Hawk Mini Stats]Hawk
AC: 20 (16 flat-footed, 15 touch)
HP: 50/50
CMB: +5 CMD: 20

Fort: +7 Reflex: +7 Will: +2
Perception: +9 Sense Motive: +0
Initiative: +5

Current Weapon in Hand: Greatsword (2-handed)
Current Conditions in Effect: None
Rage Rounds remaining Today: 7/12[/sblock]

Aura

Explorer
Hawk fishes around for valuable things while the others attend to their wounds. The first one is not immediately obvious, because it's so dirty and dingy it doesn't look that nice. However, the rings on the chain shirt of one of the goblins are remarkably fine and small. Handling the excess around the sleeves confirms that it is indeed a fine, Mithral weave.

The other discovery happens in the midst of searching for valuables. Hawk starts dumping a pack's contents onto the floor, and the goblin's belongings (all worthless) just keep coming and coming and coming. By the time she is done, almost her own weight in useless refuse lies at her feet.

Other than that, there is some minor change, but nothing remarkable.

[sblock=Loots]It's a Small Mithral Chain Shirt +1 (2100 gp) and a Handy Haversack (2000 gp). With the addition of time based gold, getting one of those items is feasible for any one of you.[/sblock]

G

Guest 11456

Hawk, Little Halfling with a Big Sword

Hawk carefully packs away the valuables and then moves to the closed door with her sword ready.

[sblock=Hawk Mini Stats]Hawk
AC: 20 (16 flat-footed, 15 touch)
HP: 50/50
CMB: +5 CMD: 20

Fort: +7 Reflex: +7 Will: +2
Perception: +9 Sense Motive: +0
Initiative: +5

Current Weapon in Hand: Greatsword (2-handed)
Current Conditions in Effect: None
Rage Rounds remaining Today: 7/12[/sblock]

Remove ads