• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[LPF] Scourge of the Howling Horde

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Mallie ensures you are well fed and have plenty to drink. The other patrons listen as you banter and tell tales of the past day. They increasingly grow bolder as they ask questions and remark with wonder at your exploits.

Afterward she sees to it that you have baths drawn if you wish and your rooms are turned out.

Mallie.jpg

Before you retire for the night, the innkeeper informs you, "Arvin will have your reward tomorrow. Will you be accompanying him to the caves and depart for Venza from there?"

mfloyd3

Explorer
"We could at that," observes Iago. "Though we would need to re-provision at Sten's before leaving. What do you think?" he asks the others.

Systole

First Post
Sylla keeps her silence, letting the more talkative members of the party answer the villagers' questions, and glaring at any who try to engage her. Boots, on the other hand, happily answers anyone who wants to talk to him, pausing only occasionally to try and cadge free beer from the audience.

At Mallie's suggestion of a plan for tomorrow, Sylla grits her teeth, clearly chafing at the dwarf's ridiculous conditions. "Yes. Fine. If he needs to see the caves ... if he needs to be babysat on his way to the caves, I will do this. And then I will be paid, in full." The elf makes no explicit threat, but one is clearly there, hanging in the silence.

She stands abruptly. "Alchemist, we should divvy the corpse before sleep."

mfloyd3

Explorer
"Of course," replies Iago. "Excuse us," he adds to Mallie and the others. "And thank you again for your hospitality," he tells the innkeeper.

He picks up the dragon's corpse and begins making his way out of the inn.

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
Denizel any offers of comfort, happy to have any semblance of city life when compared to the caves. She's being awfully nice. You should try and sleep with her. Denizel just rolls his eyes in response to the voice in his head.

"We of course would be happy to accompany him"

GlassEye

Adventurer
Agno comes out of his shell as the villagers ask about their adventure. His tale-telling can't compete with Denizel's stories but Agno delights in the attention anyway though he downplays his own actions in favor of his companions'.

The tengu nods enthusiastically at Mallie's question whether they will be accompanying Arvin on the morrow.

"Hurrr... yes! It is the contract! We wouldn't think of not fulfilling it when we are this close to completion. The cave is foul but the walk is a pleasant stroll. To, hurrr... stretch the legs is good for the spirit. Don't you agree, Denizel?"

• • • • Agno Phoenicus • • • •

[sblock=Mini Stats]Agno Phoenicus
Initiative: +3
AC: 16 (13 flat-footed, 13 Touch)
HP: 29 Current: 29
CMB: +3 CMD: 16 Fort: +6 Reflex: +5 Will: +9 (+11 vs. Charm & compulsion effects)
Speed: 40 ft. (50 ft. with Longstrider)

Current Weapon in Hand: shortbow
Ammo (Arrows): 28/40 remaining
Current Conditions in Effect: longstrider (2/3 hours remaining)

Lightning Arc: 6/7 Remaining
Channel Energy: 2/4 remaining
Agile Feet: 7/7 remaining
Hawkeye: 6/7 remaining

Cleric Spells:
Spells Prepared:
1st level: bless, divine favor, longstrider (D)
0-level: guidance, light, stabilize

Druid Spells:
Spells Prepared:
2nd level: flaming sphere, lesser restoration, eagle's splendor (D)
1st level: cure light wounds, faerie fire, shillelagh, aspect of the falcon (D)
0-level: detect magic, detect poison, flare, resistance[/sblock]

Systole

First Post
"Skin for me, alchemical ingredients for you, if I remember," Sylla says, accompanying the alchemist outdoors. She pauses, listening to an internal voice. "Boots would like to make the teeth into a necklace. However, it was not part of our agreement, so you need not honor that request. He also says he would like the leftovers to 'snack on.'" She sighs. "I will leave that decision to you. I would ordinarily refuse him, but I will be going to sleep soon, so he'll be doing his farting on the other side."

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Mallie stays out of the gruesome discussion and task of dissecting the dragon carcas and as long as the participants are keeping it outside si she doesn't have to clean up the mess afterwards, she will leave them be. She does instruct one of her serving girls to get a few buckets of water, guessing they will need them at some point to clean up.

Mallie.jpg

She tells the other two, "I will have word sent to Arvin and the others to meet you at Sten's store in the morning after I make sure you have a good breakfast then."

mfloyd3

Explorer
"You can have the teeth," concedes Iago, nodding to Boots. "And whatever else neither of us can use. It seems to me you earned them."

He pulls out his dagger and sets to work. "Boots will be with us on the trip back to Venza, won't he?" he asks Sylla.

GlassEye

Adventurer
Agno bobs his head in compliance with Mallie's statements as he reaches for the platter in the center of the table with one greasy hand and sucks the meat off a chicken leg he holds in the other.

"Indeed! That will be most, hurrr... acceptable! Delightful even; your repast is quite delicious! A morning constitutional afterwards? I can think of nothing, hurrr... better!"

Eventually Agno eats his fill and leans back to showcase his distended stomach. He sighs with pleasure.

"I believe I am ready to make a nest of my, hurrr... bed and sleep."

• • • • Agno Phoenicus • • • •

[sblock=Mini Stats]Agno Phoenicus
Initiative: +3
AC: 16 (13 flat-footed, 13 Touch)
HP: 29 Current: 29
CMB: +3 CMD: 16 Fort: +6 Reflex: +5 Will: +9 (+11 vs. Charm & compulsion effects)
Speed: 40 ft. (50 ft. with Longstrider)

Current Weapon in Hand: shortbow
Ammo (Arrows): 28/40 remaining
Current Conditions in Effect: longstrider (2/3 hours remaining)

Lightning Arc: 6/7 Remaining
Channel Energy: 2/4 remaining
Agile Feet: 7/7 remaining
Hawkeye: 6/7 remaining

Cleric Spells:
Spells Prepared:
1st level: bless, divine favor, longstrider (D)
0-level: guidance, light, stabilize

Druid Spells:
Spells Prepared:
2nd level: flaming sphere, lesser restoration, eagle's splendor (D)
1st level: cure light wounds, faerie fire, shillelagh, aspect of the falcon (D)
0-level: detect magic, detect poison, flare, resistance[/sblock]

Remove ads