[LPF] Scourge of the Howling Horde

Systole

First Post
Sylla rolls her eyes. "Boots? I couldn't keep him off this plane if I tried. He prefers it here." She surveys the alchemist's work. "Well done," she says finally, collecting the teeth and skin. She whistles for the eidolon, who appears from inside the inn and, seeing the bloody remnants of the dragon, leaps onto them with glee.

"Oh boy oh boy oh boy LEFTOVERS!" he shouts, sending gobbets of meat flying in all directions.

Sylla turns back to the inn. "Don't choke on anything," she warns the darkwolf as he attempts to swallow one of the dragon's wings whole.

[sblock=ooc]Ready to sleep and wrap up.[/sblock]

mfloyd3

Explorer
"Thank you," says Iago, carefully cleaning his tools as he puts them away. "Good night. And enjoy," he adds, nodding to the darkwolf.

He washes his hands in the basin Mallie provided, and makes his way back into the inn.

[sblock=ooc]Iago is ready for bed, and I'd be happy enough wrapping up. Iago could use a few days' break before the next adventure, as I anticipate purchasing some scrolls with new spells that he'll need time to copy. But this is not a high priority and I don't want to cut short any RP or any further plot PM wants to pursue.[/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
After a restful night, you are treated to breakfast once again and everyone is cheerful and friendly.
Mallie.jpg

Mallie is ready at the porch after breakfast and hands you each a bundle of your favorite foods from her kitchen, “You dearies, take care and enjoy the lunch I packed. If you come this way again, stop in for an ale on the house.”

The miserly little dwarf is waiting with a purse of coins out front of Sten's Emporium. He grudgingly hands it over.

Arvel.jpg

"Mallie says you all are coming to show is the empty howling caves,"Arvin says, "and you all are departing from there. I think you all are good for your words, so might as well have this now. Someone mentioned you might need supplies from Sten's shop."

Sten.jpg

The diminutive Sten, with her silent partner Garret standing behind, smiles a welcome and is very helpful in assisting you in equipping yourselves for the journey back to Venza, "If ever you want to be my bodyguards again, I will pay you well. It might make a good vacation for you."
GM: We can keep going until the end of the week, role-playing your journey until I get time to crunch the numbers. Not sure I will need to post IC, but I can. The end date will be the last IC post from the last player that posts their arrival at Venza to close the loop.

Last edited:

Systole

First Post
Sylla appears the next morning with her facepaint freshly applied and summons her eidolon. The darkwolf steps out of an unnatural crimson tear in the fabric of the world which closes behind him.

"Wow, that was fast, boss!" he chirps. "I wasn't over there hardly any time at all!"

Sylla looks at Boots suspiciously. "How fast, exactly?"

"I dunno. An hour, maybe? Why?"

"Because that would mean that you're just digesting the dragon now, so--" She's interrupted by a soft whine coming from the eidolon's backside, and an acrid, eye-watering stench wafts through the air. The summoner winces. "I'll take point," she announces. "Boots ... guard the dwarf. Stay close to him. Very close to him."

"Sure thing, boss!"

GlassEye

Adventurer
Agno wakes early and heads to the common room to partake of Mallie's breakfast. He eats as voraciously as he did the previous night (really, how he manages to stay so thin is a mystery) and continually feeds tidbits to Keeling. He graciously accepts the packed lunch from Mallie and takes two steps towards Boots to store the package in Boots' pack but then thinks better of it when he imagines the lengths the darkwolf would go to for food. He stops abruptly then stores the food in his own pack.

"Hurrr, many thanks, Mistress of Inns, Mallie! This meal shall start our return journey, hurrr... properly fed. If there should again be disastrous doings in Barrow's Edge send word to the temple of Issolatha in Venza and I shall, hurrr... hear and respond!"

Agno bows to Mallie and follows the others out to meet with Arvin. He bobs his head in approval as they accept the coins.

"Yes, Arvin of Barrow's Edge! Gathering of, hurrr... food supplies is essential to our successful progress! Your coin shall fill my pack with travel bread and beans. I would be happy with grubs and roots gathered along the track but my companions would not wish to be, hurrr... slowed, I believe."

The tengu coughs and his eyes begin to water when Boots moves over to stand next to him and Arvin.

• • • • Agno Phoenicus • • • •

[sblock=Mini Stats]Agno Phoenicus
Initiative: +3
AC: 16 (13 flat-footed, 13 Touch)
HP: 29 Current: 29
CMB: +3 CMD: 16 Fort: +6 Reflex: +5 Will: +9 (+11 vs. Charm & compulsion effects)
Speed: 40 ft. (50 ft. with Longstrider)

Current Weapon in Hand:
Ammo (Arrows): 28/40 remaining
Current Conditions in Effect:

Lightning Arc: 7/7 Remaining
Channel Energy: 4/4 remaining
Agile Feet: 7/7 remaining
Hawkeye: 7/7 remaining

Cleric Spells:
Spells Prepared:
1st level: bless, divine favor, longstrider (D)
0-level: guidance, light, stabilize

Druid Spells:
Spells Prepared:
2nd level: flaming sphere, lesser restoration, eagle's splendor (D)
1st level: cure light wounds, faerie fire, shillelagh, aspect of the falcon (D)
0-level: detect magic, detect poison, flare, resistance[/sblock]

mfloyd3

Explorer
"Thank you, I will miss your cooking," Iago says, as Mallie hands him a cloth bag with the group's lunch. "And you will surely see me again for that ale if I am ever near Barrow's Edge."

The respect and generosity of the townsfolk is a strange experience for Iago. His youth in Venza's ghetto gave him little of either, and his time in Darius Talgallow's workshop taught him that dignity was for other people. He purchases the necessary rations for the trip from Sten, smiling at the suggestion he work for her again.

"We'll see," he offers with uncharacteristic humor. "I'm a dragonslayer now. I have a reputation to maintain! The thought seems to amuse the half-orc.

As the group sets out for the caves, Iago notes Sylla's positioning and recalls the elf's comments about Boots' digestion. "I'll take rearguard," he tells the others, unlimbering his axe. He takes up a position a healthy distance behind Boots, putting his faith in the day's gentle breeze.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Mallie and Sten wave good-bye as you leave the village.
Mallie.jpg
Sten.jpg

A few children run alongside, but keep their distance. As you leave last of the building at the edge behind you, they turn and run back.

Arvel.jpg

The dwarf is not very talkative, neither are the accompanying farmers and wood-cutters that along for the trek.
GM: @Mowgli, the preliminary numbers are up in the 1st post. It assumes an end point of 14 Jul for time based awards, but that has not yet been made official.

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
Denizel is yet again the last person downstairs. He grabs some baked good for breakfast on the road while invisible hands seem to be buttoning, tucking and brushing his appearance back into place.

A wonderful night! She was lovely. . . I would have prefered something greener. . .You're disgusting. . . Really, you should try it. . .

He takes up a position near the back, talking happily about how lovely the town was, and how he would so dearly miss its quaint charms but had responsibilities in the capital. Once the children were gone he quickly jogs ahead, if only to get out of Boots' firing range.

GlassEye

Adventurer
Agno sends Keeling off to wheel above and keep watch while he ranges up and down the line of travelers. The tengu enjoys the ability to stretch his legs but eventually pulls up next to Denizel, tilts his head in a questioning manner as he gazes at the bard with his unblinking eyes and engages Denizel in small talk.

"What shall you do upon your, hurrr... triumphant return to the City of Glass?"

• • • • Agno Phoenicus • • • •

[sblock=Mini Stats]Agno Phoenicus
Initiative: +3
AC: 16 (13 flat-footed, 13 Touch)
HP: 29 Current: 29
CMB: +3 CMD: 16 Fort: +6 Reflex: +5 Will: +9 (+11 vs. Charm & compulsion effects)
Speed: 40 ft. (50 ft. with Longstrider)

Current Weapon in Hand:
Ammo (Arrows): 28/40 remaining
Current Conditions in Effect:

Lightning Arc: 7/7 Remaining
Channel Energy: 4/4 remaining
Agile Feet: 7/7 remaining
Hawkeye: 7/7 remaining

Cleric Spells:
Spells Prepared:
1st level: bless, divine favor, longstrider (D)
0-level: guidance, light, stabilize

Druid Spells:
Spells Prepared:
2nd level: flaming sphere, lesser restoration, eagle's splendor (D)
1st level: cure light wounds, faerie fire, shillelagh, aspect of the falcon (D)
0-level: detect magic, detect poison, flare, resistance[/sblock]

Remove ads