[LPF] Scourge of the Howling Horde

mfloyd3

Explorer
"I'm...Thinking of looking for work again. As an adventurer," he clarifies. "I can't practice alchemy in Venza, so..." his voice trails off.

"What of you, Agno? What will you do?"

Systole

First Post
"A free drink!? Boss, can we go--"

"No."

"But there's--"

"No."

"But--"

"Boots," Sylla says, a clear warning in her tone.

"Never get to do what I want," the eidolon mutters.

* * * * *​

To the tengu, Sylla shrugs. "Leatherworker first. The beast will make a very nice belt. Then bowyer." She examines the hobgoblin chieftan's bow with a critical eye. "The pull is good, but the balance is average. I will commission an improvement." A trace of a malicious smile crosses her lips. "Then perhaps I will find something new to hunt."

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
"Well then I have something for you alchemist." Denizel jogs up to Iago and places the goblin's notes in his hands. "Maybe they'll be more use to you. I doubt I'll use them in the city."

OOC: I'm running off the assumption that I've already told you what they say. It's always useful to have the original.

mfloyd3

Explorer
Iago accepts the scrolls, surprised. "Thank you," he says. Then he gives the bard a skeptical look. "Then, you believe there is some truth to the story of this stronghold?"

GlassEye

Adventurer
"Hurrr, yes, friend Iago. I was contemplating. And Sylla, a bow is a fine thing indeed. I plan to find a better one myself. And I must needs return to the temple of Issolatha in Venza and give service. Perhaps the goddess will see fit to bless me with one of her many secrets."

He squints uncertainly up at the sky where Keeling can be seen circling overhead scouting the trail from above.

"I would like to learn the secret of flight lost to us long, long ago. Hurrr. But you say you cannot practice alchemy in Venza, Iago? Why not? Do they not have the brotherhood of craftsmen for alchemy?"

• • • • Agno Phoenicus • • • •

[sblock=Mini Stats]Agno Phoenicus
Initiative: +3
AC: 16 (13 flat-footed, 13 Touch)
HP: 29 Current: 29
CMB: +3 CMD: 16 Fort: +6 Reflex: +5 Will: +9 (+11 vs. Charm & compulsion effects)
Speed: 40 ft. (50 ft. with Longstrider)

Current Weapon in Hand:
Ammo (Arrows): 28/40 remaining
Current Conditions in Effect:

Lightning Arc: 7/7 Remaining
Channel Energy: 4/4 remaining
Agile Feet: 7/7 remaining
Hawkeye: 7/7 remaining

Cleric Spells:
Spells Prepared:
1st level: bless, divine favor, longstrider (D)
0-level: guidance, light, stabilize

Druid Spells:
Spells Prepared:
2nd level: flaming sphere, lesser restoration, eagle's splendor (D)
1st level: cure light wounds, faerie fire, shillelagh, aspect of the falcon (D)
0-level: detect magic, detect poison, flare, resistance[/sblock]

Systole

First Post
"They have a brotherhood, I expect. One which will not readily admit a half-breed of no standing. Power protects itself, jealously." Her reply is ostensibly directed at Agno, but she looks at Iago as she speaks. "He will never earn their respect without first earning their fear. He must shake them."

"Or he just could ask them nice." Sylla turns to the darkwolf in surprise. "What? Why not? I ask nice for beer, and people give me beer."

Sylla snorts. "And if respect could be measured in stale beer, you would have a point. Now, if we have finished observing the niceties, I would be off."

mfloyd3

Explorer
Iago falls into step with the others, but answers the tengu's question. "Yes, there is an Alchemist's Guild," he explains. There is something dark in his tone as he adds. "Mistress Sylla has given a most...cogent analysis of the situation. But I do not think the alchemists will yield to fear," he adds. "Greed might work. I had not actually thought of it before."

He looks at the tengu. "Flight seems a noble goal. I hope some day to see you soar over the streets of Venza."

Systole

First Post
"Like a pigeon?" Boots asks. There's a brief pause as certain thoughts click into place inside the eidolon's head. "People are going to need to start carrying umbrellas or something."

Remove ads