[LPF] The Forbidden Isle of Ancient Secrets

jackslate45

First Post
Nodding in satisfaction at the new cord, Aradra starts taking off the old cord, wrapping it up and placing it in his backpack. He then, with some difficulty as it has been some time since he last strung a now, sets up his new cord. Once set, he draws it back to test it, seeing how different it feels with a metal cord.

Satin Knights

First Post
Aradra carefully works the new bowstring into place. After a moment, a couple strands of at each end unravel, twist around the ends of the bow and weave their way into the wood itself. After the unexpected movement ceases, Aradra pulls the string back to test its feel. While he pulled it back empty, at half draw, a standard arrow appears, nocked and worthy of firing. The draw strength is perfectly balanced and comfortable.

[sblock=ooc]Whenever Relic gets around to pulling his nose out of his books, he will be able to analyze the bow and tell you: The bowstring merged and upgraded the bow. It now won't come off without destroying the original magic weapon. It added Adaptive, Impervious, and Endless Ammunition. The living steel property will eventually wrap around the entire bow over the next few days. Results are a +1 Seeking, Endless Ammunition, Impervious, Adaptive living steel composite longbow valued at 36,500 gp vs. the original 8,400 it was.

I'm breaking the upgrade rules slightly, but you have spent more than enough days active in the game. And this island is special! :cool:
[/sblock]

jackslate45

First Post
Aradra's jaw drops as the arrow appears, as he fully draws the arrow to it's fullest length and aims it at the wall. Rather than the original cord, Aradra could tell the draw strength was reliant on how much effort put into it. The smile on the solider's face as he appreciates the newly upgraded weapon makes him look like a kid again.

Looking over towards Frost Aradra says "You have a good eye for these kind of things. Both Daylily's transforming weapon and that draw string. Did you know it could do that?"

[sblock=SWEET]
Damn, the bow is a +4 equivalent weapon now. Holy hell. And honestly, don't really mind the breaking of the rules. I was figuring Aradra was in for a nice treat(+wisdom band mostly. Level 3 spells WOOT) after the amount of money he saved up. but DAMN.

Also, how does Endless Ammunition work with ManyShot? I was going to post something in the forums after the island adventure, but now that it has come up and with 3 judges on board i figured I go ahead and ask it. My guess is that it SHOULD work, since when you Deflect Arrows you grab the entire bundle of arrows in Manyshot. I could fluff the arrow to split once fired and become two, if that would make it easier on the rules.

EDIT: Double check the math:
32,000 +4
500 Living metal
1000 adaptive
600 Master Work +2 Longbow
3000 impervious

I'm at 37,100 for the entire thing? or does the +2 rating go away with the new cord?
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Kalinn shrugs, a modest look on her face. "Ah, no . . . I had no idea what it would do. Just saw the wire and thought it might fit your bow."

[sblock=SK]{{My thanks again, Honored Ancestor. Better tools for the others help ensure our success in this venture, and those particular folks deserved to be liberated.}}[/sblock]

[sblock=Mini Stats]
Kalinn Ari

Current Block
Initiative: +02
AC: 30 (13 Touch, 27 Flat-Footed)
HP: 124/124
CMB: +19 CMD: 30
Fort: +14 Reflex: +10 Will: +10

Standard Block
Initiative: +03
AC: 27 (14 Touch, 24 Flat-Footed)
HP: 94/94
CMB: +12 CMD: 26
Fort: +08 Reflex: +06 Will: +06

Rage Block
AC: 25 (12 Touch, 22 Flat-Footed)
CMB: +14 CMD: 26
Fort: +11 Reflex: +06 Will: +08

Rage Block (Hafísbíta in Hand)
Initiative: +3
HP: 119/119
CMB: +13 CMD: 25
Fort: +10 Reflex: +05 Will: +07

Fatigue Block
Initiative: +2
AC: 26 (13 Touch, 24 Flat-Footed)
CMB: +11 CMD: 24
Fort: +08 Reflex: +05 Will: +06

Senses: DarkVision
Perception: +10, Sense Motive: +0

Special: Rage (Remaining Rounds: 05/10)
Special: Spirit Totem (+9/1d4+2)
Special: Claws (Remaining Rounds: 02/05)
Special: Boon: Shield (Remaining Points: 10/10)
Special: Boon: Healing Surge

Current Weapon in Hand: None

Spells Available
  • Level 0: Unlimited
  • Level 1: 3/7 per Day
  • Level 2: 3/6 per Day
  • Level 3: 2/3 per Day
Level 0: Acid Splash, Disrupt Undead, Jolt, Haunted Fey Aspect, Mending, Prestidigitation, Ray of Frost
Level 1: Ear Piercing Scream, Magic Missile, Protection from Evil, Shield
Level 2: Frigid Touch, Protection from Evil (Communal), Resist Energy
Level 3: Fly, Haste
[/sblock]

Satin Knights

First Post
[sblock=ooc]I didn't think about Many Shot. I'll go with the arrow splits in mid flight. The cost of the endless ammo is +2 just in itself. It should be able to accommodate a standard archer feat well enough considering only archers could use this weapon property.

Drop the 200 gp for the +2 strength rating and you are all set on the numbers. I double checked, masterwork is not included in the price of living steel, so both of those costs apply. So, 36,900 gp.

I had this one planned for a while, but it is a big upgrade. It also doesn't really boost Aradra's damage potential, which is high already, like other +2 properties would. Yet, it is cool enough that Aradra would never switch away to a "optimized damage" bow.

A generic headband, so boring. :yawn:[/sblock]

Satin Knights

First Post
Now that people have had a few minutes to look over their new toys and test them out, Aradra goes back to his original intention of a nap while the wizard studies. Taking the comfort of soft bed, Shadow hops up into the bed too and the both quickly fall to sleep to gather some needed rest.

Since Frost is standing guard, and Daylily is bored with bits of paper laying about, he curls up on the rug to get some sleep as well. With three snoring, the normally bothersome sound is evened out into a steady drone.

Relic gets the final touches on the first spell in his new book done. Fly. Such a good spell to have and right in the front of the book too. About five minutes into prepping his other spells, a noise comes from the hallway.
[sblock=Relic]Something seems to be climbing the northern stairs from below.[/sblock][sblock=Frost]Something is coming up both stairwells, rather fast.[/sblock][sblock=Surprise Round]Surprise round: only a standard or a move action.
Relic Perception - snoring compatriots (1d20+9-2=12)
Frost Perception - snoring compatriots (1d20+10-2=21)

...86/87 -3 NL ~ AC 18 ~ Daylily ~ Sleeping
...59/59 ~ AC 14+4 ~ Relic ~ neutralize poison 0.3 hrs, Mage Armor 3.5 hrs, Resist Fire 3.5hrs
...96/96 ~ AC 21 ~ Aradra ~ Sleeping
101/101 ~ AC 22+4 ~ Shadow ~ amulet inactive, Mage Armor 3.5 hrs, Resist Fire 3.5hrs Sleeping
104/104~ AC 27 ~ Frost ~

??/?? AC ?? ~ A Stealth (1d20+11-5=10)
??/?? AC ?? ~ B Stealth (1d20+11-5=16)
[/sblock][sblock=map]
island81.png
[/sblock]

jbear

First Post
Relic fumbled into his component pouch and muttered "Illusat Optic" waving his hand over the empty floor. Moments later every inch of the floor seemed littered with sleeping bodies of hardened adventurers. "Wake up people! We have company!!" Relic then lay down and pretended to sleep, with one eye open of course.

[sblock=OOC] Relic casts Silent Image (unused from before spell preparation) to make it seem as the the room is full of sleeping adventurers. If stabbing happens before the others awake hopefully they won´t know where to start. [/sblock]

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
"Foes approach! Both stairwells! Rise, friends, defend yourselves!" Kalinn's powerful voice booms through the room as she rushes out to meet the foe on the northern stair. Hafísbíta springs to her hand as she runs. "I've got the north stair!"

Move Action: to BK08 (Free Actions are allowed, right? If not, just ignore the bit about Winterbite springing to hand).

[sblock=Mini Stats]
Kalinn Ari

Current Block

Standard Block

Rage Block
CMB: +14 CMD: 26
Fort: +11 Reflex: +06 Will: +08

Rage Block (Hafísbíta in Hand)
Initiative: +3
HP: 119/119
CMB: +13 CMD: 25
Fort: +10 Reflex: +05 Will: +07

Fatigue Block
Initiative: +2
AC: 26 (13 Touch, 24 Flat-Footed)
CMB: +11 CMD: 24
Fort: +08 Reflex: +05 Will: +06

Senses: DarkVision
Perception: +10, Sense Motive: +0

Special: Rage (Remaining Rounds: 05/10)
Special: Spirit Totem (+9/1d4+2)
Special: Claws (Remaining Rounds: 02/05)
Special: Boon: Shield (Remaining Points: 10/10)
Special: Boon: Healing Surge

Current Weapon in Hand: None

Spells Available
  • Level 0: Unlimited
  • Level 1: 3/7 per Day
  • Level 2: 3/6 per Day
  • Level 3: 2/3 per Day
Level 0: Acid Splash, Disrupt Undead, Jolt, Haunted Fey Aspect, Mending, Prestidigitation, Ray of Frost
Level 1: Ear Piercing Scream, Magic Missile, Protection from Evil, Shield
Level 2: Frigid Touch, Protection from Evil (Communal), Resist Energy
Level 3: Fly, Haste
[/sblock]

Satin Knights

First Post
Kalinn rushes out into the hallway as the room fills with sleeping bodies on the floor. Once outside the door, she sees two hideous devilish looking creatures carrying pole arms and moving fast. Slipping under the spear, she is able to get toe to toe with one, corking this entrance while leaving the other exposed.

Unable to swing the glaive in close quarters, the devil drops it and slashes with its long claws. The first simply scrapes across Kalinn's breastplate while the other screeches along the wall in this tight hallway.

Another devil comes to the doorway and sinks his glaive deep into a sleeping barbarian. When the barbarian doesn't squirm and writhe in pain the beast figures out he has been duped.

These creatures are far larger than the one you were bargaining with earlier.

[sblock=Relic]Kn Planes (1d20+10=16) You know these are bearded devils, but not much more. Their filthy beards cause disease.[/sblock][sblock=Combat Round 1]...86/87 -3 NL ~ AC 18 ~Daylily ~ prone
...59/59 ~ AC 14+4 ~ Relic ~ neutralize poison 0.3 hrs, Mage Armor 3.5 hrs, Resist Fire 3.5hrs, slumped over desk
...96/96 ~ AC 21 ~ Aradra ~ prone
101/101 ~ AC 22+4 ~ Shadow ~ amulet inactive, Mage Armor 3.5 hrs, Resist Fire 3.5hrs prone
104/104~ AC 27 ~ Frost ~

??/?? AC ?? ~ Devil A North claw attack (1d20+10=21) miss, claw attack (1d20+10=13) miss miserably
??/?? AC ?? ~ Devil B South attack barbarian with glaive (1d20+10=18) Will save for interaction (1d20+3=23) success
barbed_devil.png
[/sblock][sblock=map]
island82.png
[/sblock]

jackslate45

First Post
Standing up quickly, Aradra draws his bow and takes aim with it. The bow automatically prepares his new arrow, but having never been tested in combat the arrow misses it mark incredibly.

Shadow stands up, and hops off the bed, moving to guard the (fake) sleeping mage.

[sblock]
Aradra Shoots and misses: 1d20+16=17, 1d8+10 - 5=11
Shadow moves to guard the sleeping mage.
[/sblock]

Remove ads