[LPF] The Inheritance

GlassEye

Adventurer
Everyone waits while Thuvian studies the entrance to the sewer with keen mind and magically enhanced vision. After a moment he is able to discern an aura of illusion. It is faint and old, barely a whisper of it still exists, and if Thuvian weren't so attuned to shadow he would have missed it. The cause of the dimmed light and the unnatural chill leaves no trace that Thuvian can sense though with what he's learned about Sumbru's history it could be an effect of the destruction of Sumbru's gate and seems to go hand in hand with the darkness and perpetual cloud cover of this place.

By the time Thuvian finishes his assessment Tasanto has already found another sewer grate. It would take locating a few more to figure out any sort of pattern to their placement. Cavernous Hode and Thuvian examine the newly found sewer entrance and just below but their conclusions are similar to those previous with one exception: Thuvian does not sense the presence of illusion at this entrance.

sunshadow21

Explorer
"I can see that I will be needing to make a return trip to this most facsinating city. For now, however, I suggest we avoid the places with lingering magic as we do not fully know what brought the auras about."

Last edited:

jackslate45

First Post
Tyrion raises his eyes at Thuvian "What ya talking about? This city is jacked up crazy. You can come back, but I aint. Comon, let's get outta here quick. That farmer probably still waiting on us."

sunshadow21

Explorer
"You obviously haven't seen the underside of Venza if you think this place is that bad. It's simply more obvious here, which in turn makes it easier to work around. But yes, we should get moving, as our employer is almost certainly awaiting our return with some eagerness."

soulnova

Explorer
"Alright, boys, let's get back home" she nods at Thuvian and Tyrion. "Are we ready?"

[sblock] Are we mostly at full health? I remember Tyrion was hurt, but I can't recall if he used a potion. [/sblock]

Systole

First Post
"Then Cavernous Hode shall forthrightly brave the underground passage, which is much like the ones he is familiar with. Except that this one is shallower. And stinkier. Please proceed, Mister Dickens!" The dwarf hops down into the darkness.

GlassEye

Adventurer
Descent into the sewer is easy for all except Tasanto who is forced to shed his packs and hand them to those waiting below. After a brief contortion the cattaur drops down and is able to get loaded up again for travel through the underground of Sumbru. The passageway is small and the tallest of the group have to walk hunched to avoid brushing their head upon the ceiling. Luckily the passage is mostly dry; only a trickle of water made murky by algae winds through along one wall.

Cavernous Hode detects a slight downward angle to the passage in the direction the group chooses to travel which is away from the city center and away from the aura of illusion that Thuvian detected earlier. As the group travels they occasionally hear the faint sounds of something behind them but it is distant and muted and difficult to discern though what can be made out sounds much like the slight noises that Mister Dickens makes when he scurries along.

After several minutes of travel the group arrives at a dead end. Obvious to even the untrained eye, the stone wall with crumbling mortar that blocks the passage was added after the original construction of the sewer and is of extremely poor construction. The bottom of the wall is constructed with three holes large enough to allow passage of sewage but much smaller than anyone could squeeze through.

Satin Knights

First Post
"Looks like we got a wall to get through. Let's see." Reaching behind his head into his backpack, Tasanto pulls out some pitons. Grabbing again, a grappling hook. Next thing to come out is a drill. Finally, he reaches back and pulls a hammer. "Those should make deconstructing the wall a quick task."

soulnova

Explorer
"Hold on for a second. I'm ok with tearing down the wall but... You think we will be able to block it back? I would hate to let anything from THAT side cross into the city."

[sblock] Could mending work to restore the wall once they are on the other side? [/sblock]

Remove ads