• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[LPF] The Lady of Lake Laguna - OOC Thread

InVinoVeritas

Adventurer
I rolled a 5!!

hopefully I don't die, that would really be a bummer, Ill just roll up a new character in that instance, and I doubt Elros will die, he might drop below 0 but I think it is unlikely he will die from this encounter.

(Well, you did roll a D8 for your attack roll. That may have had something to do with it. :heh:)

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
For a party of 3 characters of 1st level and 2 characters of 2nd level, I am calculating that this encounter was CR 4, with two boars of CR 2 each. Following the chart, total XP is 1,200 xp, which shows as 300 XP each for a party of five.

No wonder our schools are failing. The adults don't even know how to do math.

InVinoVeritas

Adventurer
Whee, I love playing Kanli.

Would you mind if I also spent 2 DMC to allow Kanli to level to 3rd? You don't have to say yes if you don't want to.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Hey DT answered this in the social group but wanted you to know we don't use the Individual rows on chart 12-2 (pg. 398 CORE) as they are listed as a guideline to how much XP a group might get for the encounter.

The hard fast rule is find the total XP and divide by the number of players. That easy.

HM

Last edited:

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
HM told me I was making this too complicated, as you can see. Thanks to HM and IVV for the assist. The formula is 1,200 XP divided by 5, so 240 XP for each character. Still a level up for Yo and for Mortar.

IVV, I'm fine with a level up Kanli, but can you direct me to the rules that govern such a thing so I may educate myself?

Remove ads