[LPF] The Road to Tritower

Aura

Explorer
Turning north at Baron's Cross, your journey begins in earnest. The sun is out and beating down powerfully today, and it's not long before Anzaldo pulls his straw hat on and, only a little while later, Anna pulls up the hood to her summer cloak.

Conversation is light as the group moves along. Anzaldo is quick to credit Betsy and Johnna with the creation of 'fresh country air', cackling with a certain amount of glee over the expressions such a statement is likely to produce.

It is quickly becoming apparent that the group is off-pace if you wish to hold out any hopes of making it to Tritower in a week's time. Anna's ground tapping technique is not as well developed as one might expect, and thus her walking speed is somewhat lower than even Francis and his considerably shorter legs. Further, a staff seems a rather clumsy tool for tapping ahead of oneself.

As sundown approaches, you can see a rather large rock formation starting to become clear on the right side of the road, but it is apparent you won't reach that milestone today. It's only a matter of when you set camp for the night. Fortunately, good camping spots next to the road are not at all uncommon.

[section]
Anzaldo
"We can make ta camp any time," Anzaldo suggests. "Though itta matter of goin' on as much as we can to make up fer our speed, lest we run out of supplies at the end. Cause den we'll have to eat Betsy, which'd be a shame." Anzaldo rubs Betsy's neck in an almost affectionate way as he verbalizes the last sentence. For her part, Betsy shoots him an nasty glare almost as if she understood him. Of course, she shoots people nasty glares on a regular basis, so it's hard to tell.[/section]

[sblock=Clarification]There is no cart. The two mules, Betsy and Johnna, are both loaded directly. One has the supplies, and the other has the shipment of alchemical remedies for Tritower. Basically, Anzaldo is leading the mules by hand.[/sblock]

[sblock=PS:Rolls]And now that people have their die rolling technique down, everyone can make a pre-emptive perception and initiative roll. No guarantees on when they'll be used, but it will save us a step when events transpire that may call for it. No rush--just work it in at the bottom of your next IC post. :)[/sblock]

Last edited:

Anastrace

First Post
Leira Olren

"It'd be a right shame to eat Betsy, I'd say. I would think foraging for some grub along the way might help." Leira stops to appreciate the setting sun. "When I was younger, I was exploring the woods and found some mushrooms I thought to share with the temple cooks, I ate some myself first beforehand. Wouldn't you know it? Poisonous. Maybe I'd have better luck now that I'm a little older and wiser." She laughs. "I hope anyway." She stoops down and picks up a small rock and amuses herself tossing it up in the air and catching it as she walks along.

[sblock=ooc]
Initiative, Preemptive: 1D20+5 = [10]+5 = 15

Perception, Preemptive: 1D20+1 = [16]+1 = 17

[/sblock]

Last edited:

Aura

Explorer
Anzaldo
"If people wanna call it good fer t'day, we can do tat. We can worry bout eatin' Betsy 'nother time," Anzaldo begins. The grizzled man then run his fingers through Betsy's mane affectionately, whispering, "Feisty n mean, the way ah love ya."

Within short order, a camping spot is picked and supplies are offloaded from the mules for the night. Because of very clear weather, Anzaldo is not pitching tents tonight unless someone really wants them--the sky is clear and the temperature is rather nice for just going with bedrolls. He also cooks an adequate, but nothing compared to what you can get in Venza's eateries, dinner.

For her part, Anna becomes essentially useless during the entire procedure. She doesn't have much of an inkling where things are packed on the mule, and is content to wait patiently for her dinner, making sporadic light conversation during the process. From her tone it's obvious she's a bit worn out from the day.

[sblock=Night Planning]Let's hear about how you're going to handle providing security at night. Is there a sleeping order, or what? Let me know.

Also, if any foraging is planned, let me know on that. It will involve people leaving camp and being potentially vulnerable to being singled out in an attack, but also could bring in additional food stocks.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Anastrace

First Post
Leira Olren

"I'll take the first watch tonight unless anyone else wants to take their shift first. What say you all?" Leira looks questioningly at the rest of the group.
[sblock=ooc]
Well, I don't know about the rest of you, but I don't have any low light or darkvision so I'll jump in first on watch if that's alright while the fires are still burning and I can see alright. Curse you human eyesight!
[/sblock]

Lindeloef

First Post
"Hmm... makes sense. I can see a bit better in dim light than humans due to my elven blood, so I could take a middle shift." Karra chimes in.

FrancisJohn

Explorer
~Francis John III, Halfling~
Francis sighs at the prospect of taking watch. He sulks "I suppose then I'll take third watch. What's the plan if one those dastardly kobolds approach?.......... Ooh, can we have a code word?! That would be plain fantastic! I vote 'pollywog'! That will do just fine. If the bad guys approach that person will yell 'pollywog' and we will get to the ready! Setting watch certainly sounds better now than I had previously imagined." The halfling contently sets up his sleeping bag, and begins to get comfy. He makes sure to discreetly set up his personal camp between any two of the female travelers, decidedly away from Anzaldo. A troubling thought streaks across his mind, and he blurts out "If they come in the dark, how will we see them?!?" He hurredly loads his crossbow and sets it right beside his arm.
[sblock=OOC]Some questions.....
Do our characters know how far along the trip are they approximately?

What are we doing about eating and rations? How many days worth of food are packed on the mules? Is it assumed we eat, or do we have to be explicit about it?

How dark outside will it be at night?[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads