[LPF] The Road to Tritower

epicbob

Explorer
"Then it seems like I get the last watch by default. Honestly, this suits me just fine. I need my rest if I want to use my abilities."

Brandon then proceeds to set up his own tent and bedding.

Aura

Explorer
Eventually even Anzaldo runs out of energy and the group puts to bed. Betsy and Johnna continue to come up in his conversation until bed time. Fortunately for the normal-sighted folk in the group, the clear conditions give a lot of light to see by, so nobody is trying to stand guard while essentially blinded. In particular, Karra can see perfectly to just about any distance. Even more fortunate, no harm comes to the group in the middle of the night. The only oddity is Brandon finding out Anzaldo gets up early to begin preparations (breakfast) for the coming day.

FrancisJohn

Explorer
~Francis John III, Halfling~
Not one to miss a breakfast, the sounds and smells created by Anzaldo awaken the curious halfling. He staggers over to the breakfast area, mumbles something about a good morning to Brandon, and sits with crossed legs. Quickly waking up is not one of his strengths.

Anastrace

First Post
Leira Olren

Rolling out of her bedroll Leira blinks lazily, "G'morning" she yawns barely covering her mouth in time. "Thank Amenthia for breakfast or I'd never want to get up!" She gets up moving a little away from the main group while waiting on breakfast to practice some with her martial arts.

Aura

Explorer
Anzaldo
"Hah!" the old mule driver exclaims. "Food gets people moving, I say. Toasted bread, garlic butter and cut apples are served." Leaving the food out on a tray, he make sure everyone is awake and the mules are given feed bags.

Anna gets going pretty slowly, and hasn't spoken yet. She pulls herself over to the fire (it's rather low right now) and smiles when she finds the toast. She's having considerably more difficulty with day to day things than she did in the Dunn Wright Inn.

Looking into the distance, Anzaldo points out the large rock formation you saw last night. "That's Boar's Ridge," he explains. "We be passin' it today. There used to be an old fort dere, neary a soul now."

epicbob

Explorer
Brandon the Swift

Brandon nods back to Francis and Leira as they pass by.

Before joining the others for breakfast, he quickly washes himself with some soap (while retaining some reasonable modesty, of course).

As he grabs some toast and apples, he says, with a joking expression : "An old fort, you say? Are there any rumors we should know about? At least we'll be prepared if they turn out to be true."

Anastrace

First Post
Leira Olren

Hearing that breakfast is done, Leira heads back to grab some toast and apples. "Thanks Anzaldo, you're a lifesaver." She sits down next to Anna to eat, "Morning Ma'am, how are you doing today?"

Aura

Explorer
[section]
Anna Kallira

The priestess nods, "Morning, Leira. Still waking up… a little stiff. I'm not so used to sleeping out of my bed, I'm afraid." She takes a bite of the buttered toast, then adds. "Oh, garlic in the butter. How lovely."
[/section]
[section]
Anzaldo
"Thank ye, priestess. Simple ting, really." The old man turns to Brandon to answer his question, "The fort has been dere longer dan I been alive. And it's been a ruin most of that time. Fer a while it was used by the Venzan army, but they left it. After, lotsa people take over, but nobody hold onto it. Most recently some sort of hobgoblins." He pats one of the mules on the neck before heading back into the group. "Wit this kobold problem, some think dey come from dere. I'm not so sure, but could be. Dey be slingin' spells, so everyone worried."
[/section]

Anastrace

First Post
Leira Olren

In between bites of the delicious toast, Leira asks "How close does our route take us? I'm sure as her guards we could handle the kobolds, but I do worry about putting Anna in undue danger if we can avoid it."

Remove ads