• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[LPF] The Road to Tritower

Aura

Explorer
Anzaldo
The mule driver thinks before speaking, "Ta ridge is a couple hundred yards from te road--but anyone could see us. If we were to go off road on te left, the trees and shrubs make cover… but itta take longer."

Anna listens in intently, but doesn't seem to have anything to say at this point.

FrancisJohn

Explorer
~Francis John III, Halfling~
Francis has been quietly listening to the conversation in between bites. "Believe it or not, I signed up for this trip when I was in a quite desirable, or undesirable depending on your point of view, state of mind. That being said, I may have missed some of the details of our journey. For instance, how long are we supposed to take to get there? Is there a deadline?"

He chews off a large chunk of apple, spraying his nearest neighbor with some errant juice. "And if there is no set amount of time, then it seems completely pointless to take the main road, when we can safely hide amongst the foliage. Although my words may carry a fair bit of sting, I am truly useless in any physical encounter." The halfling frowns at his last statement, but that is quickly turned around when he finally begins to enjoy the garlic-buttered toast.

[sblock=OOC]How does thread notification to email work? The last post I saw was Saturday night. Just got an email this morning and I saw everyone posted! No big deal really, I'll just have to check the thread manually.

Also, how do you get the cool gray block behind your names in the beginning of each post?[/sblock]

Anastrace

First Post
Leira Olren

Tossing an apple slice straight up and rolling her head back to catch it in her mouth, Leira listens to Francis's words and misses the slice which bounces off her nose to the ground. She dusts it off, grumbles about the sunrise in her eyes and takes a bite. "Sticking to the trees isn't a bad idea, but I'm not as stealthy as I was trained to be in the monastery with all this heavy gear. I'm afraid I'd give us away."

She tries to flip another apple slice into her mouth, this time successfully. "I'll admit though, that plan would probably keep our charge the safest. I'd hate to be surrounded by a mass of kobolds and hobgoblins and have to defend a blind woman. No offense Lady Anna." She takes another bite off an apple slice. "Too bad there isn't some cheese to go with these apples. Ah well. Thanks for breakfast Anzaldo," she says with a smile.

[sblock=ooc]
So I put my name in the Title Section of the post, if that helps. I think it looks nice up there. And I use instant notification of posts. It *seems* to work reasonably well, as long as you check it after each post. Usually. most of the time. sometimes. :)
[/sblock]

epicbob

Explorer
Brandon the Swift

As he keeps eating breakfast, Brandon adds : "How much longer would it take to use the alternate path? Hopefully not too long..."

FrancisJohn

Explorer
~Francis John III, Halfling~

Savoring the last few bites of breakfast, Francis patiently listens and continues. "That's right Anzaldo, many thanks to you! Anna, would you be alright with this plan? If it is going to take longer, we certainly must get going!" The halfling begins to pack up his belongings so he is ready to go. "Anyone care for some good southern pipe-weed? A good halfling always carries a spare pipe!" Francis wants to march along in the same spot, with loaded crossbow in one hand, pipe in the other.

Anastrace

First Post
Leira Olren

Leira repacks her bedroll and secures it to her backpack. "I'll pass on the pipe weed thanks, but I agree we should get moving regardless of which way. I'll take the lead with Anzaldo once we do hit the road." She secures the rest of her belongings, and refastens her urumi around her waist for easy access. Satisfied she paces a bit to work out some nervous energy.

Aura

Explorer
Anzaldo
The mule driver immediately brightens up. "Smoke 'em if ya got 'em, I say. Tat applies double if tey's free!" With that, the old man holds his hand out for the halfling pipe with unrestrained glee. "Better tan te smell of mule dookie burnin' for sure," he adds, leaving the listener to imagine what that might smell like.

[section]
Anna Kallira
After that lovely thought, Anna pipes up on the overall situation. Adding some context, she says, "Well, we're taking alchemical remedies to Tritower because they have run out. They are fortunately not experiencing any particular wave of sickness, but things are undoubtedly less controlled than one might expect with the absence of the proper medicines." She brushes long, straight, blonde hair from her face before continuing, "This said, a little more time here and there won't kill us, although we make a habit of it and it will cause notable delays. As an aside, if there were some kind of kobold raiding group, and if they were basing out of Boar's Ridge, we still don't know where they might strike from.

"As for me,"
the priestess adds, "If it comes down to a fight, I have things I can do to protect myself while you all drive off the attackers. It works best on the weak-minded, however. This said, I have some preference for staying on the road, but I"m not totally against another path, either."[/section]
[sblock=FrancisJohn]I think what you're seeing others do is just put their names in the 'title' section.[/sblock]
[sblock=Clarification]It was my understanding Anzaldo and the mules were in back yesterday, so nobody has to risk walking into their leavings. :)[/sblock]

FrancisJohn

Explorer
Francis John, Halfling

Appearing genuinely puzzled, "Well, there are certainly pros and cons to keeping the original plan, or diverting to the side of the road..... maybe it won't really matter in the end anyway. It is what it is!" Now conceitedly proud of himself, he adds "Either way, we should be going. If it comes to a vote, I'll say the trees, or we can just do what Anna thinks is best." Francis starts fiddling around with a twig, as he tries to unclog his pipe.

Anastrace

First Post
Leira Olren

Hefting her shield into place, Leira agrees with Francis with a hearty nod. "I agree, the trees seem sensible. If the mules can keep pace that is. Just my opinion of course, I'm open to suggestions."

epicbob

Explorer
Brandon the Swift

After Brandon packs up his camping equipment, he speaks up : "Assuming we get ambushed, I figure the cover of trees will be easier to overcome than a fortress wall."

With that said, Brandon pulls his backpack up with a grunt.

Remove ads