[LPF] The Road to Tritower

epicbob

Explorer
Brandon the Swift

Brandon tries to focus on the shouting, hoping it will help him find the source of this darkness.

[sblock=Perception check]Listen check to hear where the shouting comes from: 1D20+1 = [15]+1 = 16
[/sblock][sblock=ooc]So, uh...is it OK to take a lifeline? Half the team is down and we can't really check out the battlefield unless we want to end up unconscious.[/sblock][sblock=Brandon Mini Stats]Brandon
AC: 12 (10 flat-footed, 12 touch)
HP: 12/12
CMB: -2
CMD: 10

Fort: +2 +1
Reflex: +2 +1
Will: +3 +1

Perception: +1
Sense Motive: +6

Initiative: +8

Level 1 spells remaining: 3/4
Elemental rays remaining: 7/7

Current Weapon in Hand: Dagger
Current Conditions in Effect:
-Anna's spell (+1 to saving throws)
-Light spell (smothered by Darkness)
-Detect Magic (60-ft cone, 1 minute)
Temporary items in possession: none
Items not currently in possession: none
Items depleted: none[/sblock]

Lindeloef

First Post
[sblock="ooc"]damn here I am having to deal with this annoying darkness and you two have the most fun. I wish I was knocked out...

;)
[/sblock]

FrancisJohn

Explorer
[sblock=OOC]Well, come to the dark side! Maybe they'll just capture us, and not kill us. Or just run away. That's what Francis tried to do.[/sblock]

Anastrace

First Post
Leira Olren

[sblock=ooc]
Ha! I can't help it, my first reaction was I wonder what that wa? Thunk! Got to try and amuse you all somehow! ^.^
[/sblock]

Aura

Explorer
[sblock=Redacted]I forgot to edit this post, and accidentally created a new one instead.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Aura

Explorer
Stepping precariously (and having to make adjustment for the presence of one of the mules) Karra summons her magic and casts a spray of color into the darkness. Although she cannot see it, she thinks the spell happened. Felt like it always did, anyway.

Meanwhile, Brandon listens for the sounds of the shouting. Unable to get his bearings, he suspects the sources are in the same direction as the Grease spell he previously completed, perhaps more distant. Before he can get a better estimate, the shouting ends, only to be replaced by the sound of spell casting, most likely Karra, but he cannot be sure. Some of the voices in the darkness were distinctly female.

[sblock=Combat]Everyone conscious is still in the darkness. Nobody noticed any attacks made on them--certainly there was no damage dealt. Still no map for blind bats. :)

DM Note: I didn't find specific ruling on how to handle AOE into the darkness, so I fudged it. If it turns out I was a little non-standard, I'll correct it next time around.

PS: Brandon and Karra may act.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Lindeloef

First Post
Knowing the mules presence next to her, Karra tries to carefully step out of the darkness.

[sblock="action"]move action towards south west.[/sblock]

FrancisJohn

Explorer

The halfling's dreams become more abstract in nature. His head now complete with body, he finds himself lying on top of a green hill. Bathing in that kind of sun only produced after a quick passing rain shower, he sees a rainbow on a faraway hill. The odd thing about this rainbow, is that it begins to move, and move directly at him. The swaths of color eventually slide over to where he lay, and the beams of color arc in the sky. The multitude of hues penetrate his body, each particle of his essence dying one thousand times. After an eternity of light waves, Francis has simply forgot who he is and the indescribable sensation of merging with the rainbow overwhelms his sense of everything.
[sblock=Mini Stats]AC: 18 (14 flat-footed, 15 touch)
HP: 7/7
CMB: 0 CMD: 13
Fort: -1 Reflex: +5 Will: +1
Perception: +7
Initiative: +3
Bluff: +13
Armed: Light Crossbow +4 1d6[/sblock]

epicbob

Explorer
Brandon the Swift

Brandon decides to cast another spell on himself, then concentrates his sight towards the voice he heard coming from the direction of his last Grease spell.

[sblock=ooc]Crap, I didn't realize it was a concentration spell...so that's where 5e got the idea X(. I cast Detect magic again.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Aura

Explorer
[sblock=Brandon]I'm not sure what you're meaning to do here. Are you referring to Detect Magic? If so, it's worth noting it ended when you cast Grease, as it requires concentration to keep it going. Thus, it would have to be recast. Or do you mean something else? Feel free to clarify or, if you wish, reassign your action.[/sblock]

Remove ads