• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[LPF] The Road to Tritower

FrancisJohn

Explorer
[sblock=OOC] If situations like this happen again when my halfling is off being stupid, don't feel like you have to wait for me/him to continue the story. He can either miss out on what's happenings or you can take control of him to keep the pace going. He won't mind :) [/sblock]

Anastrace

First Post
Leira Olren

Leira moves in closer to Anna, doing her best to keep a close eye on her feeling guilt over being knocked out previously.

Aura

Explorer
Anna Kallira
With a surprisingly pragmatic approach to tending to the wounded, Priestess Anna takes each of the dark elf's hands and forcibly pops the thumbs into a semblance of 'straight'. The sound is as stomach churning as it was the first time around, for those that are sensitive to such things, anyway.

The Cortesian cleric then takes hold of the stylized sun symbol around her neck and issues a muttered prayer. It is as if there is a light flash of the symbol itself, and a wave of energy spreads through the camp, healing everyone present. Although the Dunn Wright hires are all better, Anzaldo and are both still injured, and the Drow has yet to move. "Not enough," she mutters, then pauses. "Oh, someone might want to do things like take the last of her weapons or hold her down or something. I guess that would be a good idea."

[sblock=Healing]It's enough for any of the PC's to be fully healed, so you can all mark yourselves fine. Both the friendly NPCs show marked improvement, but the Drow is still completely out.[/sblock]

FrancisJohn

Explorer
[sblock=Mini Stats]Francis John, III
HP: 7/7
AC: 18 FF:14 T:15
CMB: 0 CMD: 13
Fort: -1 Reflex: +5 Will: +1
Perception: +7 Initiative: +3
Bluff: +13 Sense Motive: +5
Armed: Light Crossbow +4 1d6
Bolts Remaining: 20/20
Unarmed: Dagger +2 d3+1
Adaptable Luck: 1/3[/sblock]

Responding as only a scorned schoolboy could, Francis rebukes Anna, "What'd you do that for? I broke them for a reason. So I guess we wait until our new prisoner wakes up? If we play good guard/bad guard, I call bad guard." He turns his attention to Anzaldo. "I thought you said their were kobolds in these parts. What the devil are the drow doing here?"

[sblock=Sense Motive = 19]Check overall intentions of Anzaldo: 1D20+5 = [14]+5 = 19
[/sblock]

Aura

Explorer
Anna Kallira
Patting down the prisoner, Anna locates a dagger and tosses it aside. Upon hearing the Francis' comments concerning the thumb breaking situation, she stops and sighs. Speaking in an uncharacteristically even tone, she explains, "I found what you did to be surprising in its sheer brutality. To hear you bring it up again, as if it was acceptable, is highly disappointing. Please refrain from such courses of action while under my employ."

The sounds of the nearby forest can be heard once again, for the first time since the end of the battle. Anzaldo chooses not to speak at this particular moment.

[sblock=Sense Motive]Only the most obvious things are discernible concerning Anzaldo: He's still in a fair amount of physical pain from his wound (albeit partially healed), and the exchange between Francis and Anna has made him rather uncomfortable.[/sblock]

Lindeloef

First Post
[sblock="ooc"]back in action. Recovered from food poisoning[/sblock]

"There could still be Kobolds around these parts." Karra addresses the halfling. "Also I second Anna's motion of further torture. Hmm... even if it's a drow."

FrancisJohn

Explorer
[sblock=Mini Stats]Francis John, III
HP: 7/7
AC: 18 FF:14 T:15
CMB: 0 CMD: 13
Fort: -1 Reflex: +5 Will: +1
Perception: +7 Initiative: +3
Bluff: +13 Sense Motive: +5
Armed: Light Crossbow +4 1d6
Bolts Remaining: 20/20
Unarmed: Dagger +2 d3+1
Adaptable Luck: 1/3[/sblock]

Francis rolls his eyes towards the one who cannot roll her own. With contrived contrition in his voice, he replies "Sorry Lady Anna. I'll play nice from here on out, even with those who have evil intentions. Don't judge me too harshly, because I am only a mere self-preservationist at best." Out of ideas, he unpacks his leaf box from his belongings, crushes some plant into his most prized possession, and enjoys the simple comfort of his pipe. Small, wispy smoke-rings rise and then vanish into the night sky as he ruminates on the recent turn of events. Ha! What a bunch of nambies. Good thing we are out in the west, because in some of the baronies, my actions would be considered as merciful as a saint.

[sblock=OOC]What year is it?[/sblock]

Last edited:

Anastrace

First Post
Leira Olren

Leira shifts uncomfortably, in the tense situation. "Well what now? Shall we bind her up, and sleep off the rest of the night?" Leira asks somewhat tersely. Not sure what the halfling did that was so wrong. I'll have to ask my masters next time I see them. Leira thought to herself.

epicbob

Explorer
Brandon the Swift

"If we bind her, we need to make sure she is tied properly. Considering what I've seen tonight, I wouldn't put it past them to be skilled at escaping such restraints."

As he looks at Leira and Karra, he adds : "Can one of you search her for tools or weapons?"

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads