• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[LPF] The Road to Tritower

epicbob

Explorer
Brandon the Swift

Hearing the Halfling's rant, Brandon replies : "Whoever attacked us, they were extremely well organized. Half of our group was drugged with those darts in the first seconds. After that, they covered the entire area with a magical darkness."

With obvious frustration, he continues : "By the time we got our wits together to start fighting back, they already had everything they needed and ran away!"

FrancisJohn

Explorer
[sblock=Mini Stats]Francis John, III
HP: 7/7
AC: 18 FF:14 T:15
CMB: 0 CMD: 13
Fort: -1 Reflex: +5 Will: +1
Perception: +7 Initiative: +3
Bluff: +13
Armed: Light Crossbow +4 1d6
Adaptable Luck: 1/3[/sblock]

The feisty fellow furiously begins to go through his backpack to make sure all of his belongings are still there. "The drow eh? What a bunch of nocturnal nancies. Maybe we should call it a day, and just head back to Venza. Chalk this one up a wash."

Anastrace

First Post
Leira Olren

"Francis, I was on watch but the attack happened so fast I didn't even get a warning out. I got shot with one of those poisoned arrows" she points to her side, "and before I could even say, we're under...I was out." She shakes her head. "It's pretty embarrassing, my first chance for real combat, and I spend it face down in the dirt. I don't think we should just pack it in though. Whatever this was, I think they aimed to stop Lady Anna. In my mind, that means we have to keep going. For her sake, and our reputation."

[sblock=Leira Olren Mini Stats]
Leira Olren
AC:19 (16 flat-footed, 13 touch)
HP: 8/11
CMB: +5 CMD: 18

Fort: +3 Reflex: +3 Will: +1
Perception: +1 Sense Motive: +1
Initiative: +5

Dragon Style: While using this style, you gain a +2 bonus on saving throws against sleep effects, paralysis effects, and stunning effects. You ignore difficult terrain when you charge, run, or withdraw. You can also charge through squares that contain allies. Further, you can add 1-1/2 times your Strength bonus on the damage roll for your first unarmed strike on a given round.

Current Weapon in Hand: Unarmed Strike (Considered Armed)
Current Weapon for Attacks of Opportunity: Unarmed Strike (Considered Armed)
Current Conditions in Effect:
Temporary items in possession:
Items not currently in possession:
Items depleted: none
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Lindeloef

First Post
"Don't fret about it Leira. Even if you weren't lying on the ground snoring, in that magical darkness your combat prowess would have done little." Karra says to lighten up the mood.
"I clashed swords with one, I assume it is that one lying on the ground. But most of the time I was hoping to lure the darkness away from the camp and make sure that Brandon, if he was still alive, could find me and Anzaldo by searching for magic." Karra points at the arcane rune on her forearm.

"Next fight, you can be in the midst of battle while Brandon, Anzaldo and I take a nice nap." Karra says in a cheerful tone.

[sblock="ooc"]note: when Karra says mean stuff, she isn't rude, she doesn't mean to offend people. Just poor word choices on her part[/sblock]

Anastrace

First Post
Leira Olren

Leira laughs, "Yeah, I guess I owe you that much don't I? So is that person talkative at all? And how is Lady Anna?" she says with a worried expression.

[sblock=ooc]
No worries, Leira is just nervous and self conscious. She knows you aren't serious, but she still has to prove her worth to you all.
[/sblock]

Leira Olren

Dragon Style: While using this style, you gain a +2 bonus on saving throws against sleep effects, paralysis effects, and stunning effects. You ignore difficult terrain when you charge, run, or withdraw. You can also charge through squares that contain allies. Further, you can add 1-1/2 times your Strength bonus on the damage roll for your first unarmed strike on a given round.

[/sblock]

Anastrace

First Post
Leira Olren

"Hmm, I'm going to check on it. Maybe find some information on body, or bind her wounds and her and someone interrogate her. We can still put her to the sword if she tries to get away. Unarmed and bound she shouldn't pose any threat." Leira moves over to check on the drow.

Aura

Explorer
A couple of quick doses of antitoxin later, Francis and Anna are both awake and well. Leira seems to be the only one suffering from ongoing symptoms of the drug, her senses dulled, reflexes slowed, and words a little slurred.
[section]
Anna Kallira

Anna spends a bit of time getting her bearing as the others talk, patting the ground and verifying the story to herself. She scoots to where the shipment of alchemical remedies was and nods, then finally gets up. She doesn't look exactly pleased.

"Whoever it was, didn't drag the shipment off. There is no damage to the ground leading away from the medicines. So that took at least two people. Add in the one you defeated, and that is at least three. Maybe more." She thinks a moment. "How'd they know…." Shaking her head, she taps her way closer towards Leira as Leira checks the body of the fallen.
[/section]
[sblock=The Drow]By the time Leira arrives, the Drow has bled quite a bit, but is, in fact, alive. She does not technically need a bind wounds check because she naturally stabilized somewhere in the bleed out process.[/sblock]
[sblock=The Shipment]The shipment has been loaded onto and lifted off one of the mules each morning and night by two people, usually Anzaldo asks someone to help him. Same with the supplies, although they have not been stolen.[/sblock]

FrancisJohn

Explorer
[sblock=Mini Stats]Francis John, III
HP: 7/7
AC: 18 FF:14 T:15
CMB: 0 CMD: 13
Fort: -1 Reflex: +5 Will: +1
Perception: +7 Initiative: +3
Bluff: +13
Armed: Light Crossbow +4 1d6
Adaptable Luck: 1/3[/sblock]

Francis angrily clomps over towards the fallen dark elf. He rolls the body over onto its back, and matter of factly sits on its chest, facing the elf's head. He begins to sternly and repeatedly slap the elf in the face. SLAP! "Wake up you bloody bastard! I'd like to have words with you!" SLAP! "Wake up you, you hear?!" SLAP!

Anastrace

First Post
Leira Olren

"Lady Anna please be careful, we don't know if the others will come back and you are hurt already." Leira thinks for a second, pondering how best to restrain the elf since she didn't think to buy any rope. "Ah well, the old ways are the best ways." Leira maneuvers herself into a sitting chokehold on the elf, holding her head back. "Now talk damn it, or I'll choke the life right out of you!"

[sblock=ooc]
I don't know if you need any cmb checks for grappling/pinning since's she's pretty much helpless? let me know if you do
[/sblock]

Leira Olren

[/sblock]

Remove ads