• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D General Luke Gygax and Troll Lord Games news Wednesday Aug 23rd 2023

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
If they truly want to fulfill Gary's wishes for the IP like they say, they will publish that at some point. He favored that over Castle Zagyg. And if you are looking for pure Gary other than just benefiting the co-writers more, that's where the most material is.

I hope they someday we see the last great LA sourcebook: Key of Sand, Maladicted Plateau, and the Well of Souls. Gary wrote that damn thing in 1997. It's been over 25 years waiting to be published.
Oh, I get it. I think something comparable to Goodman Games' OAR books, but with a much smaller print run, is probably appropriate -- and, of course, having it available digitally. I would just be sad to see a small operation like the Trolls Lords sink a bunch of their capital into a bunch of physical books that, realistically, have a pretty limited commercial appeal.

Last edited:

I am super stoked for all of this. I like C&C and have stated a few times here that their bard is my all-time favorite version of the class. I was extremely worried during the OGL fiasco that TLG would have to close up shop. I am beyond thrilled that they have good news to share for them.

I am also excited to finally get my hands on some Gygax stuff, so that I can experience for myself the wonder that players older than I am have when referring to his material. What Davis said in the stream regarding adventure seeds in less than 50 words is great to me.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads