Lulu thread at RPGNet . . .

BiggusGeekus

That's Latin for "cool"
You do give up a great deal of customization though.

No maps, no CD inserts, no mind flayer centerfolds.

Though, as someone who published a book with an insert, that might actually be considered a form of protection to prevent new print publishers from doing something crazy expensive.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Yeah, EN Publishing has a new Lulu storefront. Not a lot on it yet - a few titles, including all the War of the Burning Sky stuff so far and a hardback deluxe edition of Elements of Magic (Revised). We plan to release all products there from now on.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Hmmm... there's a bunch of ENP products up there under RPGNow's account. Dunno if they're selling or not, but I didn't realise they were there.

If anyone does buy an ENP product from Lulu, please make sure you do so via the ENP storefront I linked to above!

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
I'm a supporter of the PDF market, but I'd really like to see bundles of successful products be turned into softcover and hardcover compliations. Computers crash, hard drives die hideous deaths and writeable CDs eventually become so much useless plastic, but a hardcover book is forever.

(Ronin Arts, Clockwork Golem, Lions Den, I'm looking at all of you. And The Forge, with your Ptolus sketchbooks, don't think I've forgotten about you, either!)

philreed

Adventurer
Supporter
Whizbang Dustyboots said:
(Ronin Arts, Clockwork Golem, Lions Den, I'm looking at all of you. And The Forge, with your Ptolus sketchbooks, don't think I've forgotten about you, either!)

Already working on it.

Ronin Arts print products.http://www.roninarts.com/store/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=print&x=35&y=16

In fact, I'm expecting to see The Dungeoneer's Field Guide to Hazardshttp://www.roninarts.com/store/product_info.php?products_id=499 this afternoon. And it's still at the special pre-order price of $8.

Soel

First Post
I didn't know of so many pdfs in print!

Hope this continues as it seems to satisfy both ends of the business.

philreed

Adventurer
Supporter
I posted this photo (showing a book printed by Lulu) at RPGNet. I figured someone here might like a look at it.

The most important thing to know is that perfect-bound books printed by Lulu are almost identical to the books you buy in a store. The print quality is excellent and so far I've been very happy with the binding. (My oldest Lulu book is over two years old and still holding together without and signs of damage.)

lulusample.jpg

Remove ads