Lulu thread at RPGNet . . .

philreed

Adventurer
Supporter
jaerdaph said:
Thanks for the photo, Phil. I was curious about how Lulu products would look and hold up.

I'm very happy with their printing quality. I honestly can't see why more publishers don't use Lulu, at least to keep old products available. I noticed Kenzer has a Lulu page, so there is some action in that area.

Palladium needs a Lulu page.

philreed

Adventurer
Supporter
One more photo of books printed by Lulu.

morelululo5.jpg

Glyfair

Explorer
I have one question about Lulu. Someone pointed out it was an inexpensive place to get your PDFs printed. For example, if I buy one of the TSR PDFs I could send it to Lulu to get it printed (presumbably using the private link option). Lulu seems to only reference printing PDFs that are your own. Will they do this?

I know I can use Print(fu), but there aren't any real publishing options there (B&W PDF with binding based on the size of the item being printed).

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
To support Phil's photo effort, I just received an order from Lulu today and took some quick snaps with my phone. Apologies for the quality - done on my phone. I've also ordered a hardback, which I'll photgraph when it arrives.

As you can see, they're exactly like what you'd get at the bookstore. depending on what the publisher has made available, they can be hardback or softback, colour pages or black and white.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 70
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 74
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 78

philreed

Adventurer
Supporter
Morrus said:
As you can see, they're exactly like what you'd get at the bookstore. depending on what the publisher has made available, they can be hardback or softback, colour pages or black and white.

I don't think this can be stressed enough.

Remove ads