Lulu thread at RPGNet . . .

Aus_Snow

First Post
Thanks for posting the photos!

Now I'm a bit more likely to give them a go. It's just the international shipping that bugs me. . . :\

JVisgaitis

Explorer
Why are on demand full color comics so much cheaper? I found this website: http://www.ka-blam.com I can get a 52 page full color comic for less then $4 and I only need to order one!

I don't have the damn business card of the company we talked to at Wizard World and they were sharing a booth with an artist, so they aren't listed in the show catalog. Who are some of the other big companies out there that do POD?

philreed

Adventurer
Supporter
JVisgaitis said:
Why are on demand full color comics so much cheaper? I found this website: http://www.ka-blam.com I can get a 52 page full color comic for less then $4 and I only need to order one!

I don't have the damn business card of the company we talked to at Wizard World and they were sharing a booth with an artist, so they aren't listed in the show catalog. Who are some of the other big companies out there that do POD?

Which is an excellent reason to produce comic-sized supplements.

Also look at www.comixpress.com.

Aus_Snow

First Post
philreed said:
I don't understand.
If you're making with the funny, I'm not getting it, sorry. :\

But if you're not, it's just that shipping from Europe to the south Pacific is likely to be about the same as, if not worse than shipping from the USA to same.

Aaron L

Hero
philreed said:
I posted this photo (showing a book printed by Lulu) at RPGNet. I figured someone here might like a look at it.

The most important thing to know is that perfect-bound books printed by Lulu are almost identical to the books you buy in a store. The print quality is excellent and so far I've been very happy with the binding. (My oldest Lulu book is over two years old and still holding together without and signs of damage.)

lulusample.jpg

Is it bad that the thing in that picture that most caught my eye was the Cobra S.T.U.N.?

I LOVED those things.

Rad that you have one :)

philreed

Adventurer
Supporter
Aus_Snow said:
But if you're not, it's just that shipping from Europe to the south Pacific is likely to be about the same as, if not worse than shipping from the USA to same.

_Now_ I get it. Thanks.

They definitely need a branch on that side of the world.

Mark

CreativeMountainGames.com
philreed said:
The most important thing to know is that perfect-bound books printed by Lulu are almost identical to the books you buy in a store. The print quality is excellent and so far I've been very happy with the binding. (My oldest Lulu book is over two years old and still holding together without and signs of damage.)

Yup. I've got a couple of lulu perfect bound books that old, too, and they're indistinguishable from those from regular press runs.

Remove ads