• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

M&M - 1st vs 2nd Edition products

Marcon

First Post
I'm starting to look into Mutants & Masterminds and, as much as I love seeing a line of products getting so many books and e-books from 3rd party publishers, I sometimes find it confusing to know what is 2nd Edition compatible and what is not.

Being a complete beginner, I don't want to buy mixed-up stuff. Sometimes a book will clearly state, either in the title or in the product description, that it has been upgraded to use the 2nd edition rules but more often than not it won't.

Has anyone ever bothered to come up with a list of what is 2nd edition-compatible? Is there a way I could easily find this information all by myself?

-Marcon

Ben Robbins

First Post
Release date might be your best indicator. No M&M Superlink products were released for 1st Edition once 2nd Edition came out in Aug 2005. When I released Zodiac Ring it was the first 2nd Edition Superlink product, so it's an easy landmark for me to remember anyway. Some publishers updated products that were released earlier for 2E, but those should be marked as compatible.

But I agree completely that it's confusing. The online stores should separate the products into two categories to make it clearer.

Weylan

First Post
Marcon said:
I'm starting to look into Mutants & Masterminds and, as much as I love seeing a line of products getting so many books and e-books from 3rd party publishers, I sometimes find it confusing to know what is 2nd Edition compatible and what is not.

Being a complete beginner, I don't want to buy mixed-up stuff. Sometimes a book will clearly state, either in the title or in the product description, that it has been upgraded to use the 2nd edition rules but more often than not it won't.

Has anyone ever bothered to come up with a list of what is 2nd edition-compatible? Is there a way I could easily find this information all by myself?

-Marcon

Marcon, here's a list of the M&M 2E compatible Superlink products currently available (at least the ones that I know of):

Last edited:

Marcon

First Post
"Wow" is the only word that comes to mind. Everyday I'm impressed with how people on these boards go out of their way to help others. THANK YOU VERY MUCH Weylan, I'll be sure to bookmark this thread.

-Marcon

Remove ads