M&M 3e: Young Justice!

Jemal

Adventurer
Never really been a fan of the show, didn't realize we HAD to be a mini-me of a league member. I'm more interested in your campaign concept of the established supers going missing and the young'uns having to take over than I am about any of the DC/Justice League stuff.

I was going to suggest a teleporter, but through a quick internet search I couldn't find any League members whose 'thing' was teleportation.

Here's the original concept so you can see what I had in mind, and afterwards I've got another option.
[sblock=Original concept]
My original concept was a super-hero wanabe kid named William who was out 'patrolling' one night and heard a scream from the alley. Upon investigating, he found a man choking another man. When he tried to intervene, he nearly busted his hand and discovered that the criminal was in truth a powerful super-villain with energy-Draining powers, who used his victims life force to fuel his own enhanced abilities. Soon it was Will being choked and having his life drained. Until it happened - A flash of light and The Villain was grabbed by the teleportation effect, and Will with him, headed to the war planet. But the Villain's active energy draining powers depleted the beam of energy, and when it shut down, shunting them back into earths atmoshpere before the transport could be complete, it also reversed his powers, sending much of that energy into Will.

When Will came to a few seconds later, he was falling and the villain was nowhere to be seen. Panicing, he flailed for a moment and then suddenly found himself on a rooftop. Over the next few minutes he realized what had happened (Being a rather inteligent and geeky individual) and quickly gained a basic grip on his new powers. Then he passed near a Television and discovered what was going on, and realized that any super-heroes who were left would need his help. Hearing an Explosion nearby, he went to investigate.[/sblock]

So, failing that concept working for you, can you think of any League member a teleporter could be based off (Or could he just be a 'student' of one of them whose ideology the character agrees with, even though their powers aren't identical?)

Walking Dad

First Post

So, failing that concept working for you, can you think of any League member a teleporter could be based off (Or could he just be a 'student' of one of them whose ideology the character agrees with, even though their powers aren't identical?)

All New Gods JLA members used the boom tube teleportation technology.

The JLA uses usually boomtubes, Zatanna's spells and the teleporter on the moon to teleport.

Superhero without power on patrol would fit mostly Batman on the first view, but Black Canary is another JLA member that uses mainly skill and training, but has her sonic scream as an asset.

Jemal

Adventurer
WD - Batman would be a very good inspirational character for him, but as for the Teleporting, I was looking for him to actually possess that power himself, as in he thinks "I wanna be over there" and he's over there, without spells/technology.
Basically a batman/Robin character who gained innate teleportation.

fireinthedust

Explorer
Dre: if you didn't take one, then yeah. So far it's Green Dragon and Solaris who have gone, leaving Dre, Echo and Chirpy to go next.

Zerith: Int7? Hah. I will rule against you if you don't *play* him as Int 7. You're Einstein level, nearly Lex Luthor level. Oddly, Vandal Savage is only Int 4, which is technically 18 or 19 Int in D&D. Luthor is a super genius, enough to challenge Superman without any powers of his own. Read Superman: Red Son, and you get an idea of what Int 11 is supposed to be. Luthor should always be smarter than, say, Batman; I don't buy this Batman-as-perfect routine, from the comics, it's overblown; he's good, though.
In fact, keep in mind that's what I'm expecting from someone who's Int 7: insight, intuition, logic.

And Fighting is BAB for 3e: attack bonus. It doesn't count, especially for Batman, unless you consider him the pinnacle of human potential in the area of hand to hand combat.

Jemal: I don't mean a clone (interesting option there) but I do mean it for the concept. Look at the characters we've got: Brainiac, Batgirl, a Legion alien, Solar-sidekick-to-Superman, a Wondergirl (from the Underworld), Zatanna, and a monk from that temple nam par bat. Chirpy is a mix of a werewolf from Batman, and the Flash (which is a frankly strange concept, but I'm giving it a chance), and is trained by the Flash.
I wouldn't mind a character who's closer to the show, but keep in mind that Aqualad has additional abilities to Aquaman (mild sorcery on top of the swimming/physicality stuff); Superboy has his deal going on; and we've only just met Artemis. All of the characters are different from their mentors.

So what I need is a mentor for you. And yes, it's part of my plot that you be as connected to a real JLA character as possible. This isn't just another "you're a hero, now go" situation in the long run. If the PCs forget that, it's up to you, but the plot continues.

1) What did your guy do after finding out he has powers? Who did he turn to?

2) Other than teleporting, what's his schtick?

3) Would you want to take over one of the characters of the players who ditched?

Zerith

First Post
fireinthedust, if 7 is smartest ever; IE Einstein, Chirpy is smarter, he, as well as bat man, is a +8 INT, or, I think, about a 26-27 in DnD ^^;
(and I agree, a +6 in just about every thing would make Batman nearly perfect as a human witch is an inversion of being human, letting him have a +8 AND a +14 is just insane over kill)
That said chirpy is a pathetic -2 AWE (6-7 wis) so he is still pron to lapses in judgment: like catapulting himself up a building and trying to land on what amounted to a falling bomb. Also, -2 AWE gives him the common sense, of a child

You might know this, you might not, but some drugs (legal or illegal, but particularly the later) play with brain chemistry and when they do; mental age halts, whatever age you were when your brain got toyed with, you're stuck there: Drake, Aka chirpy, toyed with his a while ago... before he was even a teen...

*shines teh badge*;)
*Turns to fireinthedust*
I'm about to get killed with a spork, aren't I? :eek:

*thinks desperately*
But, Over all, Echo's mental score is 3 higher than the chirps... No kill? :-S

Jemal

Adventurer
So what I need is a mentor for you. And yes, it's part of my plot that you be as connected to a real JLA character as possible. This isn't just another "you're a hero, now go" situation in the long run. If the PCs forget that, it's up to you, but the plot continues.

1) What did your guy do after finding out he has powers? Who did he turn to?

2) Other than teleporting, what's his schtick?

3) Would you want to take over one of the characters of the players who ditched?
1-2) His immediate reaction would have been to become a super-hero. He idolized them and upon gaining powers would want to become one. He's very motivated to do the right thing, help people, etc. As for as a mentor goes, he'd be more prone to Superman's ideology(The whole 'goody-good save the world, do whats right' mentality), but Batman's fighting style(Ninja-esque, what with not having his own powers). Not sure which one would make a better mentor. Probably superman b/c their thoughts are more along the same lines.
Not sure what you mean by Shtick.. do you mean personality, quirks, fighting style?

3) No, I don't particularily enjoy playing other's creations.

Zerith

First Post
fireinthedust meant
Aside from teleporting, what can he do? is it his only superhuman ability? and if so, can he use it in ways other then just moving around?
Can he make a worm hole, pop his hand though, make an attack or grab something/one and then pull his hand/foot/whatever back through (or what ever he garbed for that matter) without ever 'moving' from the spot he is at?
Maybe he can teleport things with out teleporting himself. in short, what all can he can he do?
[if you give him several teleport related powers, I would make an array out of them, you won't be able to use more then one at a time most of the time any ways]

Also, both super and batman are used as mentors (batman has at least two active plot wise) and you would want to have a mentor with a related power and/or back ground: I don't think Superman can mentor any one on teleporting about. :/

Last edited:

Remove ads