M&M 3e: Young Justice!

Jemal

Adventurer
Well, as far as other powers, I was planning on giving him some enhanced physical stats as well (originally gained from the life force reversal, gaining some of the power of the villain), so that he could be a bit more balanced as opposed to mostly-human stats with teleporation.

What I have planned for his teleporation is that it's like a natural form of movement to him, he uses it as his base form of movement but can't teleport others or things without going himself. I'll be using it as a movement mode and as the descriptor on his attacks/defenses. (when he succesfully dodges, it's b/c he actually teleported a foot to the left or right, his attack is high b/c he comes at people from angles they can't properly defend, etc).

His teleport power will include Change Direction, Change Velocity, Turnabout, and enough Increased Mass to support a second person (2-3 ranks)

The only problem I'm having so far is trying to figure out who to make his mentor. If batman and Superman are allready taken, Any suggestions from people who know more about the JL? I can't find any who teleport (Seems most of the DC Teleporters are evil), but maybe one of you knows someone? Or perhaps a JL member who could be a mentor to him without teleportatin?

Or is a teleporter just flat out not gonna happen? I do have a backup idea involving Telekinesis, if that's any more plausible.

fireinthedust

Explorer
fireinthedust meant
Aside from teleporting, what can he do? is it his only superhuman ability? and if so, can he use it in ways other then just moving around?
Can he make a worm hole, pop his hand though, make an attack or grab something/one and then pull his hand/foot/whatever back through (or what ever he garbed for that matter) without ever 'moving' from the spot he is at?
Maybe he can teleport things with out teleporting himself. in short, what all can he can he do?
[if you give him several teleport related powers, I would make an array out of them, you won't be able to use more then one at a time most of the time any ways]

Also, both super and batman are used as mentors (batman has at least two active plot wise) and you would want to have a mentor with a related power and/or back ground: I don't think Superman can mentor any one on teleporting about. :/

Yes to the above, however I'm thinking more along the lines of his suit. You're dressing in spandex, there is no debate (I let Zerith get away with his black bodysuit + scarf because his counter-offer was a crash helmet and a cape...).
So I'm wondering if you're wearing lightning bolts, a picture of a hammer, etc., and whether you have any gimmicks: sayings, or weaknesses, that sort of thing.

I like the idea of Boom Tubes, and think it could be helpful here if you were somehow influenced by the folks on New Genesis. I see Scott Free as a potential mentor.

Superman is with Solaris and Echo already.

Batman is taken by Batgirl, and I'd only allow a Robin or a Batgirl sidekick here. Batman's a genre of ninja-types and vigilantes, mystery men, not powered types.

Wonder Woman is taken by Wondergirl.

Flash has Chirpy.

Are you magical? Cosmic? Could you be affiliated with Doctor Fate or the other JSA types?

Speaking of which: what about a Hawkman-type character? Or Shazam? I'll admit, I'd like to keep to types in this game. There's less and less of a sense of "taking on the mantle of..." with each new character. That's not bad, per se, but it's missing the point of this campaign: adding a new member to that hero's "family" as if we were in the comics, and stepping into a too-big world in your mentor's shadow.

Jemal

Adventurer
I think I'm actually gonna back out. The more I hear about the campaign the more I realize it's not for me. I'm not into the DC world (outside of Batman and to a lesser extent Superman), or the Justice League, or the idea of following in a specific one of their footsteps, and I don't know anything about most of the stuff/people you guys are referencing.
Wen I originally saw the game, I thought the emphasis would be more on the "established heroes are gone, Deal with it!" aspect, and less on the "DC Sidekick" aspect.

Sorry for the Side-tracking, and Thanks for your time. Hope you guys enjoy yourselves. :D
*tips hat*

Zerith

First Post
(I let Zerith get away with his black bodysuit + scarf because his counter-offer was a crash helmet and a cape...)
And because he has visible fur. I'm just not a fan of spandex on fur :/
Also that fist outfit was kinda batman inspired; I love caps alright? thay swoosh about :3
(Honestly without a bit of detailed impute what I come up with is highly random.)

I also think Green dragon would have been a better example of an exception: martial artist cloths.
As for liking DC to enjoy it? I think that is slightly wrong, I think you just have to like the idea of the cliche masked superhero, because if you don't know a lot about DC it adds to in this case: we know who all the bad guys are made after and what to expect, but if we had no clue who they were it we would be a bit more overwhelming and we would be closer to the mindset of our characters, who should not know every thing we know, they are still trainees, they don't know the names, abilities, and appearance of every bad guy out there yet.
[I've using the insanely smart and hyper fast thinking ability of the chirp to explain why he is acting on knowledge he may or may not logically have, I relay don't know how much knowledge he should have about any given bad guy ^^;]

And yes, Doc Fate would be a good mentor for a teleporter as one of the few DC heros able to do so.
Then again just any DC character with a similar power source would work as well. The mentor aspect is just, from what I understand, for grounding in the universe, with little affect on play, but that is just me :3

And if you're sure you want to leave, oh well, I think it would have been intresting to have somone who did not know what to expect in the group; it would have been nice to see how somone with a knowledge base limited to about what their character would have would have done in this campaign :3

Last edited:

fireinthedust

Explorer
Jemal: Yes, probably a wise move. DC plays a prominent part in this DC game, so you wouldn't be happy. Sadly.

Everyone: Awww! C'mon, I love the idea of the cliché superhero. In fact, just being the *actual* sidekick of one of the Justice League sounds like great fun. Yay!

Remove ads