• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

M&M: Freedom City Issue 2

bkmanis

First Post
"Do you have any idea why they have become more hostile lately? If we can get to the cause, we won't have to worry about the gangers too much," Une asks hesitantly.

"I'm not sure but I have heard rumors of some deaths and disappearances, and the gangs are blaming each other. It looks to me as if they might be building up for a war. If that's true it will be very bad for the Southside residents." Bronk responds.

"I can check on the street and see if there is any recent news and let you know if I find anything." Bronk suggests.

Keia

I aim to misbehave
bkmanis said:
"I'm not sure but I have heard rumors of some deaths and disappearances, and the gangs are blaming each other. It looks to me as if they might be building up for a war. If that's true it will be very bad for the Southside residents." Bronk responds.

"It could be that someone else entirely is manipulating the gangs getting them to fight each other . . . it is a popular daytime documentary ploy. We would just need to find out who would hae motive," Cosmo said.

"We just 'follow the money' . . .," he added in an odd voice.

Mark Chance

Boingy! Boingy!
"Mr. Bronkle is correct, you will need evidence of a crime or it will be a case of harassment or worse. It is best to work with the police if you wish to stop these gangs." Alice says over the communicator.

Geomancer rolls his eyes.

"That is exactly what I want to do.
I joined this group to make a difference,
not to sit around as if without a clue,
waiting for some horrible circumstance
before getting moving into action.
Crime is very much like a sickness,
and the key to treatment is prevention
not waiting until things are a mess.
"

He hands Bronk a business card.

"Please contact me day or night.
I am always ready for the good fight.
"

Velocity does his best to keep up with the current conversation, shifting his eyes from one person to the next to read their lips. At Geomancer's comments, he rolls his eyes. "Bronk, what Doctor Seuss here said goes for the rest of us as well. I don't have a business card of my own however."

"Alice," Velocity says, "how can Mr. Bronk get in touch with the team if he needs to?"

Mark Chance

Boingy! Boingy!
Toric_Arthendain said:
Velocity does his best to keep up with the current conversation, shifting his eyes from one person to the next to read their lips. At Geomancer's comments, he rolls his eyes. "Bronk, what Doctor Seuss here said goes for the rest of us as well. I don't have a business card of my own however."

Geomancer frowns at Velocity.

"That's Doctor Monroe, Velocity.
Please refrain from taking joy
in my rather odd disability
and I'll not call you Deaf Boy.
"

With a gesture and a phrase, Geomancer rises skyward on a clump of earth assembled from various patches of ground in the area.

"Alice, my own way home I'll make.
This is nice night a flight to take.
"

And with that the sorcerer flies skyward and away.

Last edited:

bkmanis

First Post
"Alice," Velocity says, "how can Mr. Bronk get in touch with the team if he needs to?"

"There is a phone number that he can leave a message, I monitor all messages and can pass on the information to the group." Alice responds and gives Velocity the number.

With a gesture and a phrase, Geomancer rises skyward on a clump of earth assembled from various patches of ground in the area.

"Alice, my own way home I'll make.
This is nice night a flight to take."

And with that the sorcerer flies skyward and away.

"Very well." Alice responds to Geomancer. "Are the rest of you ready to return to base? Une and Hell should continue their patrol when ready." Alice says to the rest of the group.

Keia

I aim to misbehave
bkmanis said:
"Very well." Alice responds to Geomancer. "Are the rest of you ready to return to base? Une and Hell should continue their patrol when ready." Alice says to the rest of the group.

"Understood," Cosmo replied. "Mr. Bronk, it was good to meet you - you're doing good work. I look forward to working with you again - perhaps to deal a solid blow to these gangs."

Aenion

First Post
"Sure, I'm ready to continue patrolling. I'm sorry to have called you out for this, but I thought we could use your help." Une apoligizes to the others, especially to Leech.

maddmic

Explorer
Leech nods and responds to Alice. "Yeah, I'm ready to go back home." When Une appologizes, Leech shakes his head. "Don't worry about it. Just me being selfish. Better to be safe than sorry right?"

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads