• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

M&M: Freedom City Issue 2

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Cosmo raised his hands just as the others did, though his thought may have been different. . . Ooooh, just like in Cops, I wonder if they'll ask what happened here too?

Cosmo radioed to Alice to inform her that the gang was dealt with and the police have arrived at the scene.

Turning slightly to Bronk, Cosmo added, "I believe that we're here precisely because the others are busy with supervillians. Just, as it seems you are. By dealing with the common threats and issues, perhaps we can make the area safer and better to live in. I meant no disrespect to you by asking my question. It is just we are unfamiliar with the ground rules here."

To the police, Cosmo will relay any information from Alice and turn over the gang members for questioning.

Aenion

First Post
Une raises her hands, mostly because her programming tells her to coöperate with the police, otherwise she remains very calm letting the others do the talking.

Velocity raises his hands and then nods towards the gang members who have been captured. "The guys you want are right there, officers," he says, "although since I just arrived on the scene, you might need to ask someone else what exactly happened here."

bkmanis

First Post
There are a few moments of tension between the group and the police as each of you offer your explanations.

Hell raises his hands slightly. "Shouldn't we be getting ported out of here?"

"It is essential that you all cooperate with the police. You are here to help them in the protection of the citizens of Freedom City. It is best not to be thought of a vigilantes who believe themselves above the law." Alice responds to Hell's question so each of you may hear (or see in the case of Velocity). "As for calling in the whole group, a member requested assistance so I called in the team and transported you to the combat area." Alice responds to Leech's question. "Tactical evaluation of a situation will be gained from experience. You may look at this as a live test of your response time." Alice suggests.

After a moment the officer that challenged you approaches. "Alright we have received confirmation that you are here to help. If you all would move over to the car we need to take your statements." He says pointing to one of the police cruisers. Bronk follow quietly behind the group. The police officers start gathering the gang members as more officers arrive at the scene.

As the officers take each of your statements another officer arrives that most of you recognize, Sgt. Blake walks up to the group. "Well gentlemen, I see you've manage to find more trouble in my town." He says to the group, he then turns to Bronk. "Bronk, I thought we agreed that you would stay out of trouble." The Sgt. says to him.

Hey this wasn't my idea. The Knights were hassling some of the kids when I arrived. I didn't even say anything to them before they started to pull guns and shooting at me. Then these other guys showed up, you can see the results." Bronk responds as he looks around.

"Well if you are finished giving your statements you are free to go. My boss informs me that you have given us a radio frequency to contact you if we have anymore questions or require your assistance." Sgt. Blake say to the group then moves off to supervise the clean up of the area.

The gang members are loaded into paddy wagons or ambulances as needed. The offices spread out to take the statements of the residents of the nearby homes.

Actions?

Mark Chance

Boingy! Boingy!
Geomancer watches the authorities and ambulances drive away. He looks around him at the neighborhood, then at his teammates, and finally to Bronk.

"Where does this gang hang out for fun?
I'd like find some more of them sometime soon.
They sound like a menace that needs to be undone.
Smashing their safehouse would be a needed boon

To the good people of this community.
So, Bronk, to start where should we look?
I, for one, would see this city gang-free.
That's as important as bagging any super-crook.
"

bkmanis

First Post
"There are a couple of problems in making this city gang free." Bronk responds to Geomancer. "First the police told me to stay away from the gangs, if I try to hunt them down they could press charges against me. The Knights were arrest because of the shooting, the other members were not here so even the police can't go after them. It's not illegal to be a member of a gang." Bronk explains.

"Secondly there are more the a dozen gangs in this city, the Knights are just a small gang compared to some of the others. Are you going to go after all of them?" Bronk asks. "Since I can't go after them I just try to keep them away from the kids. If I find information that a gang has committed or is going to commit a crime I pass it on to the police. It's the best I can do, it won't help if I'm arrested for harassing or assaulting a gang member." Bronk says.

"Mr. Bronkle is correct, you will need evidence of a crime or it will be a case of harassment or worse. It is best to work with the police if you wish to stop these gangs." Alice says over the communicator.

maddmic

Explorer
Leech looks a Bronk and answers. "How about letting us know if they've commited a crime, or if they're going to. That way we can assist the police in stopping them. I'm sure the cops wouldn't mind it if we took some of their work load from them."

bkmanis

First Post
Leech looks a Bronk and answers. "How about letting us know if they've commited a crime, or if they're going to. That way we can assist the police in stopping them. I'm sure the cops wouldn't mind it if we took some of their work load from them."

"I don't have anything on them or I would have reported it. I haven't had much problems with the Knights before, like the other gangs they've gotten more hostile recently." Bronk responds.

Aenion

First Post
"Do you have any idea why they have become more hostile lately? If we can get to the cause, we won't have to worry about the gangers too much," Une asks hesitantly.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads