• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

M&M: Freedom City Issue 2

bkmanis

First Post
New Initiatives:
Velocity 28
Une 28
Leech 28
Cosmo 21
Strange man 18
Hell 17
Gang Members 13
Geomancer 6

Velocity chases one of the gang members down and easily subdues him and begins to drag him back towards the rest of the group.

After restraining the dazed gang member Cosmo turns to Une.

"Well Une . . . Hell, who is this over here," Cosmo asked referring the dark stranger. "It appeared that he was fighting the gang members, but you have been here longer."

When she's sure the gang members are no longer a threat, Une replies, "I have no idea. Apparently the gangers were after him when we arrived here. Maybe someone should track them or something, maybe they've got some kind of base."

"I see . . . ," Cosmo said then turned to the stranger, "So, stranger, my name is Cosmo. Care to enlighten us on what's happening here?"

"My name is James Bronkle, but everyone here calls me Bronk." The stranger responds to Cosmo. "These guys are enforcers for a group called the Knights, a small gang that operates around here. They try to bully the street kids to be mules or sell their drugs for them. I run them off when I hear about it, I'm sort of the big brother for these kids and I try to keep them out of trouble." Bronk explains.

Meanwhile Geomancer checks the unconscious gang members, he finds a couple of them are hurt badly and will require medical attention. Leech helps restrain those that do not require medical attention.

In the distance the group can here sirens of approaching police.

OOC: Three gang members got away, the rest are unconscious or restrained. The combat is over for now.

Mark Chance

Boingy! Boingy!
bkmanis said:
Meanwhile Geomancer checks the unconscious gang members, he finds a couple of them are hurt badly and will require medical attention.

Geomancer applies his medical knowledge to the situation and does what he can for the two gang-bangers who require medical attention. He mentally catalogs their injuries, et cetera, in order to tell EMS when they arrive.

OOC: Medicine +15.

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Mark Chance said:
Geomancer applies his medical knowledge to the situation and does what he can for the two gang-bangers who require medical attention. He mentally catalogs their injuries, et cetera, in order to tell EMS when they arrive.

Cosmo will offer to heal those injuries that are serious according to Geomancer, once the gang members are restrained.

"My name is James Bronkle, but everyone here calls me Bronk." The stranger responds to Cosmo. "These guys are enforcers for a group called the Knights, a small gang that operates around here. They try to bully the street kids to be mules or sell their drugs for them. I run them off when I hear about it, I'm sort of the big brother for these kids and I try to keep them out of trouble." Bronk explains.

"So you're not with another of this 'gangs' - just a protector of the kids in this neighborhood?" Cosmo asked as politely as he could. Then he introduced Bronk to the others of the team.

Mark Chance

Boingy! Boingy!
Keia said:
Cosmo will offer to heal those injuries that are serious according to Geomancer, once the gang members are restrained.

"That is a possibility we might entertain
if their conditions are too severe,
but otherwise let them suffer the pain
resulting from misdeeds performed here.
"

Aenion

First Post
"Nice to meet you Mr. Bronkle, my name is Une," Une says with a smile, "Do they have some kind of base or something?"

maddmic

Explorer
Leech looks around at the scene and listens to what the others have to say. "So you mean we were called down here to take care of some punk kids running around with guns? Geez. No offense, I guess I just thought that we'd be going after some big time bad guys, y'know like super villains."

Last edited:

bkmanis

First Post
Geomancer quickly stabilizes the injured gang members as the rest gather around Bronk.

"So you're not with another of this 'gangs' - just a protector of the kids in this neighborhood?" Cosmo asked as politely as he could. Then he introduced Bronk to the others of the team.

"No, I'm not a member of a gang." Bronk responds with some heat. "As I said I just protect the kids from scum like them." He says pointing at the gang members. "Look a lot of these kids are run-a-ways, it's hard to survive on the street without these gang members trying to turn you into a drug dealer or prostitute. I know because I grew up on these streets. The difference is that I had the ability to protect myself." Bronk explains.

"Nice to meet you Mr. Bronkle, my name is Une," Une says with a smile, "Do they have some kind of base or something?"

"These guys hang around this part of Southside. They probably have a safe-house somewhere but I don't know where it is at." Bronk responds. "These guys are small time, it's unheard of for them to run around with this much fire power. But there have been a lot of changes lately."

Leech looks around at the scene and listens to what the others have to say. "So you mean we were called down here to take care of some punk kids running around with guns? Geez. No offense, I guess I just thought that we'd be going after some big time bad guys, y'know like super villains."

"Yea, why worry about the kids living on the streets or the people living in these house when these 'punk kids' start firing those gun. Not when you can be fighting the big bad super-villain." Bronk responds to Leech. "When you get your name plastered over the front page of the new paper you don't have to worry about the name in the back of that paper, the ones in the obituaries because of gang shootings. But why worry, no one else does."

At this time four police cruisers pull up to the scene. The officers get out of the cars with guns drawn. "No one move! Let see your hands." One of the officers demands.

Last edited:

maddmic

Explorer
Leech slowly puts his hands up and looks over at Bronk. "Look, I'm not saying that these people don't need help. I'm just saying that the two here should have been able to handle it on their own. I don't know why the rest of us were called in. I mean it's not like it was a huge emergency where all of us were needed. I didn't mean for it to sound like these kids don't matter. Turning back to the cops, Leech calls out. "Don't shoot, we're the one's who ran the bad guys off.

Mark Chance

Boingy! Boingy!
Geomancer stands, slightly raises his stony hands to just below shoulder level, and smiles.

"I've treated these here and stopped the bleeding,
but, officers, an ambulance we are still needing.
"

Remove ads