• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[M&M] Proposal for a new style of play.

Rybaer

First Post
Sounds like we have enough of a consensus on the type of game and number of players.

Rybaer
Keia
Mavnn
Dark Nemesis
Calinon (still interested??)

I've started working up a primer based on the comet idea. I'll see if I can wrap it up today and get it posted for feedback. I would kinda like to mix up the players and GM's from the games currently played on the boards. For example, I run a game with Keia as a player, and I play in Dark Nemesis' game. Therefore, I shouldn't run for Keia or play under Dark Nemesis. I'm not certain as to who all runs or plays in each other's games, but I suspect we could work out a combo. Also, I like what Mavnn has done in suggesting the type of game he'd like to run and play in. Ideally, we can match everyone up as best as possible.

As a GM, I've got a couple ideas percolating in the back of my mind - one involving a space mission and another involving a grand plot by one of the world's arch-villains. So, both probably fit better into the 10-12PL, 4-color style.

As a player, I'm pretty open to any cool idea. I like heavy-handedness on the action, but I also like the opportunity to be outside-the-box clever. I wouldn't mind playing an older, public hero...one who's been called out of retirement to face a specific threat.

Dark Nemesis

First Post
I've been doing some brainstorming, and definitely have a few things to throw at a potential player. Are all of the characters going to be roughly the same PL, or is it by each individual GM's discretion?

As far as player options, I definitely prefer a 4-color style. I've already got a few character ideas in mind.

Rybaer's idea about mixing up players and DMs has merit, but at the same time, it excludes me from playing under three of the four available GMs. Its not that big of a deal to me either way, but I just wanted to point it out.

Rybaer

First Post
No sweat on taking a while to get this up and running. I expect the prep and development cycle will take a good bit longer than a typical game.

DN - don't worry about my idea for breaking up players/GM's. It was just an idea...another criteria to help decide which players are matched with which GM's. I think it'll take a back seat to matching character ideas with story ideas.

Mavnn

First Post
Dark Nemesis said:
Are all of the characters going to be roughly the same PL, or is it by each individual GM's discretion?

As far as player options, I definitely prefer a 4-color style. I've already got a few character ideas in mind.

I would let each GM and player hash out PL and character gen rules seperately.

I would also suggest that we all stay RAW or agree on the same house rules in play, however: cross overs between different PLs (or even characters with different options like 2/1 skills etc.) are easy to arrange on a short term basis, but different rules in play would make cross overs a pain to run.

I don't know how often in practice the games will actively cross over, but it would be nice to always have the option.

Keia

I aim to misbehave
I think that many of us have played together before, and that we should all be able to agree on house rules, character creation and the like. The only variables should be PL, 'style of play,' environment issues.

I'm not in a rush to get this off the ground. Understand that I really want this to work, but I thik it should be well hashed out before we jump into it. Sort of an all the cards on the table thing.

Keia

Mavnn

First Post
Keia said:
I think that many of us have played together before, and that we should all be able to agree on house rules, character creation and the like.

So, what house rules have been used in the past (if any)?

Keia

I aim to misbehave
2 for one on skill points for one. I'm certain there are others. Some powers are restricted / good theme required on a power suite.

Mostly just a bump to get recruits and keep this burning.

Keia

I'm interested and summer starts for me in a week so I'll definately have the time =). I think everyone should be within 2-4 PLs of each other at least, in case of the event of a GM/player disppearing, perhaps one of the other GMs can incorporate the other player at least temporarily in the campaign instead of just having a standstill with someone-or, perhaps if someone knows they'll be gone, they can leave notes for a temporary GM to help out. Just a thought :)

Hrm, I'd might be kindof interested in playing a villain/antihero as my PC if that'd work in the setting.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads