• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[M&M] Proposal for a new style of play.

Mavnn

First Post
I think I'm going to have to drop out of this one for the immediate future. It's a great idea tho, and I hope it goes well.

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Clark Dent

My character idea is to be one of the first heroes back in 1917, sort of the base hero for which the future Superman series, movies and comics were loosely based on. He was a superhero for a while with all of the basics: flight, super-strength, near-invunerability, fast - not to the same level as Superman - those are just stories. He didn't have a supername, that wasn't necessary in those days - he had nothing to hide.

He was seventeen when the first comet passed over in 1917, which would make him 105 in 2005. He's long retired, long forgotten, his name has been changed so many times that he doesn't remember it anymore. He's in a rest home (think Bubba-Hotep), and occasionally he helps out with something in secret.

A division of the US government knows about and keeps tabs on him, occasionally wheeling him out for special events. He thinks is a conspiracy, black helicopters in the night, strange voices talking to him - he's more than a little senile (or is he).

I would like for him to be reborn - become young again with all of the attendant problems, with his powers restored. I have several ideas on how that can happen, but the GM has a lot to say as well.

Questions?

Keia

Rybaer

First Post
Hehe...cool idea there Keia. Interesting that we both chose older characters, though yours is on a much different order of magnitude.

Keia

I aim to misbehave
I liked the millenium children (from Authority and . . . and I can't think of the other comic this late - has Frost in it . . . the Warren Ellis one - mind blank!!), I liked Bubba Hotep, and I like conspiracy theory.

Suddenly I had a character concept and history. I like starting new, couple of character I've had were untrained newbies getting into it for the first time. This was a change in the hero department.

I'm not certain what focus on the plot I want - so I'm willing to take whats left.

Keia

Dark Nemesis

First Post
Here’s my character concept! I’ve had this idea in my head for quite awhile, and was hoping for the opportunity to flesh it out more. I hope it meets with approval!

Anita Sekhet spent most of her life living in the shadow of others. She was a middle child in a family of seven children; a shy girl who grew up to be a bookish, quiet woman. It was very possible that she would have lived a life that was completely unnoticed, were it not for an unusual event that took place during her third year of college.

Anita particularly enjoyed studying history, and managed to convince one of her professors to allow her to accompany him to Egypt on an archaeological dig in the Valley of the Kings. One the evening of June 15, 1980, she was up late translating the writings on the wall of a tomb when she stumbled on a secret panel. That panel led to a hidden burial chamber of a woman who had once been the high priestess of the goddess Isis. Resting upon the sarcophagus was a pair of delicate golden gauntlets that seemed to glow with their own light.

Anita was mesmerized by the gauntlets, and picked them up carefully. She examined them closely, amazed that they were still intact after all these years. They looked as if they had just been placed on the sarcophagus yesterday! Gingerly, she put them on, and was amazed to feel a rush of power flow through her. She had never felt anything like it before!

It was not until much later that she discovered that she had other abilities as well. Anita’s abilities come from a combination of the radiation from the God Seed comet, as well as the mysterious power of the gauntlets. On that day, Anita changed. She began growing more assertive, more confident in her abilities. However, she also began to develop a terrible temper, and found that she would occasionally black out for short periods of time. As wonderful as her new gifts are, they are a burden as well as a boon.

Keia

I aim to misbehave
That should work rather interestingly. I wonder just how far back we could go on the comet tail. Just wondering if our mummy might . . . ummm . . . nothing, nothing at all. :cool:

Rybaer - anything?

Keia

Rybaer

First Post
DN -

I like the start of your character concept...but I'd like to know more. What sort of powers does she have? What powers are her own, and what are from the artifact?

I'd kinda assumed that our comet had only been in the solar system since the early 1900's, but perhaps it made appearances long, long ago and is tied in with the artifact. Have you given any thought to that angle?

Perhaps most importantly, what has she been doing in the 25 years since she found the artifact and discovered her own powers? What is she up to now and what kind of story might she be involved in for purposes of this game?

Dark Nemesis

First Post
Keia, Rybaer: Thanks for the replies!

As far as powers, I was thinking that she would have postcognition (hence the interest in history) and perhaps some telepathy, while the artifact would contribute primarily sorcery. I was thinking that the artifact would have some degree of intelligence, perhaps a more assertive attitude.

As far as the artifact's origin, I think it could possibly be tied in with the comet, if you are willing to extend the comet's presence back that far.

I've been oputting some thought to what Anita has been doing these past few years. She got back from the expedition to Egypt, finished her education, and eventually managed to get a job as the curator of a museum in a major city. She has a replica of the artifact within the museum, but keeps the real artifact with her at all times. At first, she only used the power on occasion, when she herself was in danger. However, she gradually got more accustomed to using them, and is going out more and more to do hero work under the codename Isis.

Things have been going well, though aisde from noticing that she occasionally 'blacks out', she also has not aged since she found the gauntlets.

Rybaer

First Post
Yeah, been a little slow developing this. I'm in the process of moving cross-country for the summer, so I may be a bit slow posting until I'm settled and determine what kind of internet access the corporate housing provides me with.

Would still like to see this get off the ground, though.

Remove ads