• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

M&M Superlink (What's worth buying?)

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
I was looking for reviews in general for the M&M Superlink but really didn't find a whole lot of them...

So generally speaking, as player/GM what's worth buying?

(I do have power corrupted 1 and 2)

Depends on what you're looking for...

If you want templates for character ideas and quick-and-dirty NPCs, check out LPJ's templates, like this one. (It has links to the other ones so you can see what catches your fancy.

If you want an adventure, I haven't read it myself, but A Matter of Family from Phil Reed is universally well-regarded.

If you want a 5-star product on cybernetics, well check out my very own 1st Appearance: T.O.M.C.A.T.S.

And if you want an awesome book about hero origins, you only have to wait another week for 1st Appearance: Luminous, but you can check out the 9-page preview right HERE.

Kanegrundar

Explorer
I haven't bought a lot of Superlink stuff, but there are some good products out there.

Power Corrupted series (which I see you have) is pretty good, but watch out for a couple overpowered powers.

LPJ's templates are pretty well thought out. They even have a collected pdf of all their templates put out this year in one file for something like $12. Good deal.

I haven't picked it up yet, but The Algernon Files has been getting some great reviews and may be worth a look. (It's on a after-XMas to buy list.)

Beyond that, there are a lot of pdf's at RPGNow.com that are less than worthy, so do your homework before buying. I would stay away from The Bad Guys...it was horrible.

Adios,
Kane

Luke de Sade

First Post
I have Power Corrupts 1, and it has nice powers (haven't bought the others for lack of funds) :lol: . Algernon Files and Omlevex are also cool books.

There's also Metahumans, which is a printed book with over 40 NPCs, new powers, and other stuff (and yes, I made that one. So I'm plugging my book, so what? :heh: ) You can check out the 4 page preview by clicking here. I have also released a free web-enhancement for the book, "foundable" here. More free web-enhancements to come.

CSB046

First Post
Kanegrundar said:
LPJ's templates are pretty well thought out. They even have a collected pdf of all their templates put out this year in one file for something like $12. Good deal.

Just a minor correction: LPJ currently has a collected PDF of all their archetypes, not their templates. However, I would assume they will collect all of the templates at some point too.

Kanegrundar

Explorer
CSB046 said:
Just a minor correction: LPJ currently has a collected PDF of all their archetypes, not their templates. However, I would assume they will collect all of the templates at some point too.
Ah yes, my mistake. I really need to proofread my posts!

Kane

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads