• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

M&M: Time of Crisis

Lilith, do you have any maps or methods of transportation to Star Island?"

"Unfortunately no," Lilith replies. "Nothing reliable. No one in the Resistance has been inside the island."

"Listen here, my dark-haired lovely," Smooth says as he stands closer to Lilith, "you wouldn't lie to us, would you? That wouldn't be very ... polite."

"Of course not," she replies. "What would I have to gain by that? I need you people."

"You said there are spies on the island that gave you this information, do you trust them? And do you know how they are going to smuggle us onto the island?" Ghost asks her in is soft voice.

"Our spies are well-placed and totally loyal to us. They have the ability to get someone onto the island inside shipping crates. Not the most comfortable way to travel but effective," she answers. "So, what do you say? Will you help me?"

OOC: Brain Freeze detects no deception in her.

Last edited:

maddmic

Explorer
"I will help, but there's got to be a different way in. I cannot be put into a box. I am too cold and the box will freeze. Unless they're expecting frozen goods, a box won't work for me." Brain Freeze looks around at the others while hovering in place.

"I will help, but there's got to be a different way in. I cannot be put into a box. I am too cold and the box will freeze. Unless they're expecting frozen goods, a box won't work for me." Brain Freeze looks around at the others while hovering in place.

"Frozen goods, particularly large quantities of food, are often shipped to the island. We can easily put you in a frozen goods box," Lilith replies.

Last edited:

DJ_Colossus

Explorer
Eve

brainfreeze: "I will help--"
Well, if the brain guy is comfortable with going, then so am I.

"Count me in. Ghost and I can probably watch over the boxes while they're being moved across towards the island. Just in case, you know... There's a lot about this reality that I really don't like."

bkmanis

First Post
"Since this is the reason we are here we have no choice but to help." Ghost responds to Lilith. "I'm guessing the sooner we leave the better. After that little incident with the choppers and tanks the Nazi's will probably be looking for us." Ghost suggests.

Once the group has agreed to help, Lilith leads everyone deeper into the catacombs underneath the city to a small resistance encampment. After quick introductions to other members of the resistance, you are all welcomed without question. Apparently Lilith's trust is good enough for them. You are all packed into seperate crates and in short order are on your way to Von Braun Island. Ghost and Eve are given crates but with their powers may leave the crates easily. The fit inside the crates is tight, and in Brain Freeze's crate, cold. The stay inside the crates seems to be extremely long but they are not that well-made and peepholes exist which allow you to see your surroundings as you are transported to the island. What you see is disheartening. Hopeless, dirty, ragged, skeletal creatures populate the streets and buildings of the city. Gestapo agents are seen as well, harrassing the citizens.

After an indeterminate amount of time, the crates are finally settled inside a gray, circular structure. The crates are easy enough to open, for those that can't simply pass through the sides. In the room, beneath the retractable dome roof, banks of supercomputer, monitors and other scientific equipment line the walls and ladders lead up to catwalk levels that are similarly equipped and ring the interior of the room. Underneath the catwalks, are a pair of metal sliding doors. Dominating the building's interior is a huge, red spherical object connected via cables to teh various scientific instruments along the walls. The sphere pulses with a weird, crimson energy and makes the air itself crackle.

Before any further investigation can take place, a bald, middle-aged man in a white lab coat enters from one of the sliding doors and greets you in a severe German accent. "Guten tag, herr Amerikaners. I am Doktor Vilhelm Rolf, und ve have been expectink you. Ve antizipated ze terrorizts in ze reziztance would strike againzt our Cozmick Enerchy Generator, zo ve had you delivered here, to give you vun look at it, before Die Ubermenschen kill you!" Moments later, a team of supers appears at the door behind the man.

OOC:
Okay, I'll leave it there for a day or so in case anyone has any snappy retorts before we begin combat. There are six supers at the door behind the doctor.

maddmic

Explorer
OOC:
Snappy retorts? Doc, don't let me step on your toes here. :)

IC:
Standing up and through the box he's in, Freeze stares coldly at the good Dr. "Look here Hanz. We're not here to get a look at your generator. We're here to right some wrongs. And to be perfectly honest, there's nothing you or your goose stepping super morons can do anything about it."

Mirth

Explorer
"I don't know what field your doctorate is in, Vilhelm, but I got mine in Kickin' Ass," Smooth says as he stands and dusts off his pants. He glances at Eve and Ghost momentarily, shifting his eyes quickly to the racks of electrical equipment, before turning his attention back to the villains. "Enough talk, let's start fighting!"

OOC:
Initiative:
Doc Smooth 31
Der Eule (The Owl) 30
Spyder 29
Ubermensch (The Perfect Aryan) 28
Der Geist (The Ghost) 23
Brain Freeze 18
Ghost 15
Eve 13
Diva 12
Gotterdammerung (The Norse Apocalypse) 7
Die Hand Des Todes (The Hand of Death) 6
Weiber Ritter (White Knight) 5

The bad guys are dressed in costumes that match their names but the nature of their powers are not obvious. I'm going to keep Spyder and Diva as NPCs for the time being. Mark Chance, if you are still out there, feel free to jump back in.

The attached map key is as follows:

Y = Spyder
D = Diva
G = Ghost
S = Smooth
E = Eve
F = Freeze

1 = Der Eule
2 = Der Geist
3 = Gotterdammerung
4 = Die Hand des Todes
5 = Ubermensch
6 = Weiber Ritter
7 = Doktor Wilhelm Rolf

The red symbols are electronic equipment and the red circle in the middle of the room is the pulsating sphere.

The brown symbols are the crates the group was transported in.

The blue symbols are sliding doors, including an open one which the villains are coming through.

Each square is 10 feet.

Actions for the first round?

Attachments

• ControlCenter.jpg
    ControlCenter.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 88
Last edited:

Remove ads