• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

M&M: Time of Crisis

maddmic

Explorer
OOC:
He found his module, but real life has pulled Toric away for the moment. Hopefully it will not be long. Just thought I'd give you all an update.

OOC: My wife fell on a wet floor at a recreation center this past weekend and shattered the ulna in her right arm. She is home now, doing better and getting used to having a broken arm. As Maddmic said, I have located the module and will continue the game now. In order to get things moving again, we'll skip ahead slightly and assume that you all took care of the one remaining tank.

IC:
After destroying the remaining tank, quiet settles over the ruined buildings. A few moments later, a woman emerges from behind some of the smoking rubble. "Come with me if you want to live," she says and then without waiting, disappears back into the rubble. The brief glimpse of her showed that she was a gorgeous, raven-haired young woman.

Following her, she leads the group through a series of concealed underground tunnels which link a network of abandoned basements, sewers, and subways. After seemingly endless miles, she abruptly halts in a cavern that appears to have been recently dug by hand. She lights a torch on the wall, and though winded, she introduces herself as Lilith. She then explains the situation to the group. In a nutshell, in this dimension, the United States delayed entry into World War II until after the UK, Europe and the Soviet Union fell before the Germans. On Aug. 6th, 1945, a nuclear bomb was dropped on Washington D.C. Freedom City's citizens offered a fierce resistance to the invading axis powers, and only after flattening the entire metro area did the Nazis finally place it under their dominion. In the decades since, the Germans have tried to rebuild the city as a testament to their power and might. To that end, they renamed it Arbeitstadt (City of Work). Because of this, the city has become a major target for the American Resistance. For a time, the resistance had hope, personified by the Nazi-bred superman Tomas Morgen. Morgen used an experimental Nazi time-machine to return to the past and try to change the course of history. When he returned however, he found that nothing had changed. No one is sure what happened to Morgen after that. Officially, he was killed by an elite squad of superhuman Nazis, though some say he took his own life after realizing that his sacrifices had been in vain. Others however, particularly those in the American Resistance, continue to hold out hope that he is still alive, somewhere.

After this abridged history lesson, Lilith explains the current plight of the Resistance. They have learned that the Nazis have acquired a device that apparently fell to earth from parts unknown. It has been transported to the Von Braun Island Space Control Center for study. It is easy to extrapolate that the Von Braun Island Space Control Center is the area known as Star Island, just offshore of Freedom City in the groups dimension. Resistance spies have managed to determine that the device contains near-limitless, almost cosmic, levels of energy. Lilith explains that this device can't be left in Nazi hands.

Lilith then makes her case. "I know you are not from our time. That much is obvious to me. I don't know what brought you here but it must be fate. I need your help. The spies who tipped off the Resistance about this cosmic device can also arrange to smuggle us onto Von Braun Island. This may well be a one way trip for me, but the potential of death is no deterrence to me. That device must either be taken from the Nazis or destroyed. What do you say?"

Mark Chance

Boingy! Boingy!
Toric_Arthendain said:
Lilith then makes her case. "I know you are not from our time. That much is obvious to me. I don't know what brought you here but it must be fate. I need your help. The spies who tipped off the Resistance about this cosmic device can also arrange to smuggle us onto Von Braun Island. This may well be a one way trip for me, but the potential of death is no deterrence to me. That device must either be taken from the Nazis or destroyed. What do you say?"

Diva shakes her head. "This all sounds very convenient. I mean, I know the Muse said I was fated to save millions, but still.... Well, unless someone else has a better lead than Lilith here, I don't see as how we have much choice."

DJ_Colossus

Explorer
Eve sours during Lilith's story.

"Horrible. Just horrible."

diva said:
I don't see as how we have much choice

"You're right we don't. And we are the only hope for this... reality. Let's do what we set out to do and be thankful our Freedom city is still standing..."

Turning to Doc Smooth, Eve asks

"Doc, what do you think our chances are of getting into that place? Even in our reality, I've never been to Star Island...Lilith, do you have any maps or methods of transportation to Star Island?"

Mirth

Explorer
simp_99 said:
Turning to Doc Smooth, Eve asks "Doc, what do you think our chances are of getting into that place? Even in our reality, I've never been to Star Island...Lilith, do you have any maps or methods of transportation to Star Island?"

"Our chances seem to be about dead even with getting our asses handed to us by those deathbrain machines out there," Doctor Smooth says to Eve as he looks Lilith over before turning on the charm (Super-Charisma in full effect), "Listen here, my dark-haired lovely," Smooth says as he stands closer to Lilith, "you wouldn't lie to us, would you? That wouldn't be very ... polite."

maddmic

Explorer
Freeze shakes his head. "Hey Doc, when you're done trying to woo the lady, what do you say we get on with this? I mean seriously. Look at the way she's dressed. Can she really be some super spy sent here to capture us and take us to her Furer? I say we follow this woman and get out of her reality and back to ours as fast as we can. I don't know how much more of this Iron Cross thing I can take." With that he floats towards her and says, "Lead on."

OOC:
Freeze will use sense motive and true sight just in case Doc's right though. :)

bkmanis

First Post
Ghost listens as the group banters back and forth. Turning to Lilith Ghost speaks up. "You said there are spies on the island that gave you this information, do you trust them? And do you know how they are going to smuggle us onto the island?" Ghost asks her in is soft voice.

Remove ads