• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[M&M2E] Ultimate Thunderbolts - OOC (Recruiting!)

lissilambe

First Post
I'm right here, and been waiting for my turn in the initiative. I might be misunderstanding, but in the other games that I play, when initiative goes up, we post our actions in turn. Being last...I've been waiting.

If that's not the case, please enlighten me. :)

Take care,
Don

P.S. I have no problems with people using my real name ;)

hero4hire

Explorer
Dayspire said:
Not a problem, Nuke. I understand.

Hero4Hire, if you're reading this - I'll give you first opportunity for playing Marrow/Fracture. If you'd rather wait and play your own suggestions (which I understand!), let me know.

Methinks I will wait a bit, if you dont mind ;)

Dayspire

Explorer
Ugh, sorry I meant Twister...!

Kaiju, you're up... Then we're ready for round two.

EDIT: As stated in the title, I'm looking for someone willing to step up and play the Twister. He's located in the Rogues Gallery (see above) if you're curious about his stats. The previous player didn't play him for long, so there's quite a bit of your own personality you can put in. Interested? Post here!

Last edited:

Dayspire

Explorer
Hey, all. I'm curious - what type of combat feedback do you prefer? In the latter half of my latest post, I show you the rolls... example: Verdant hits easily (1d20+8=28). Or do you prefer to *not* see those rolls? You let me know.

If you're going to attack, please add things like, "Don't forget my Power Attack, and my Accurate Attack" or "If he uses area attack on me again, I do have Evasion". They help! Also, any other suggestions? Am I unclear on anything?

Keia

I aim to misbehave
I like the descriptive action of the combat a lot. The numbers help and I think everything flows well. I'll try and put reminders in for me . . . but there's just so much. I've got to make myself a cheatsheet.

Keia

Gideon

First Post
I've got to agree with Keia, the description is awesome. I'm all excited for the combat. I'll try to list my attack and other important stuff. It really does help.

Either way you want to write it up will be great. Having the numbers is nice but if it takes up too much time you don't have to. I'd rather you be careful and don't burn yourself out. Cause that's no fun for you.

Corvus Coronoides

First Post
Descriptive Combat

I absolutely LOVE the descriptive combat - and the rolls make it just that much clearer.

I'm just waiting for Payday - then I can pick up the PDF 2e rulebook, so that I can have a copy at work with me !

-Chris

Dayspire

Explorer
Meanwhile...

Agent Carla Ramirez entered the subway, and looked for the call sign that would designate the location for the meeting. The place was filled with a lunchtime crowd, hurrying to and fro, bumping into each other and never noticing. New Yorkers truly are rude, she thought.

Through the mass of people, Carla saw that both restrooms had been closed due to 'maintenance'. A single red dot had been placed in the upper left of the closed sign that blocked the women's room. Bingo, she thought. That's where we meet.

Carla moved through the crowd, blending in nicely. All anyone saw was a young and attractive business woman in an unremarkable suit. When it mattered, she knew she could look hot. Like earlier today. She smiled at the memory. There were some perks to the job.

A bum sat forlornly next to the entrance, his clothes filthy and his beard unkempt. Carla brushed past him, ignoring his presence. She was too keyed up to meet her new liason. From here on out everything was going to get even more difficult, and if she wanted to do well, she had to impress the person she was going to meet. Her high heels clicked across the linoleum. There was of course nothing wrong with the restroom. But done properly, even a site like this would serve as an excellent covert meeting place for reports. Who would suspect a bathroom in the 9th street subway?

Not surprisingly, the liason was already waiting for her.

"You're late."

"S-sorry." Carla stammered. Damn, I'm already nervous about this.

"Report."

"Secondary contact went as expected. Target took the honey-pot, tracer was delivered."
Her voice firmed. She knew her job.

Her liason's head nodded. "But he knew. He ditched it."

Carla frowned. "I see." She had nothing to say to that. Damn him.

"It doesn't matter. Everything is working according to plan. Right now, the little team he joined are on the news. Seems they're saving a group of S.H.I.E.L.D. agents from a group of hi-tech thieves." The liason snorted, as if that was particularly funny.

Carla grinned. "Great! So that means..."

"We're continuing on to step two."

"I haven't been briefed on that," Carla said. "I assume I should come in so I can have full disclosure?"

"No, not necessary. I can give you the gist of step two right here."

There was a muffled *whump*, and the silenced bullet went right through Carla's eye, leaving a red mess on the tile wall behind her. She crumpled without a sound.

"Step two is to remove extraneous resources, Carla. Sorry."

Her liason stood over Carla's body, and wrapped the end of the silencer in a towel. He then placed that over the ruins of her face and pulled the trigger twice more.

Glad I remembered the towel. I hate getting blood on my shoes.

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Boo! ;) I was looking forward to interacting with my parole officer some more . . . :cool:

Ah well, that just means I've got to dig farther to find out what's going on.

(Great cutscene by the way - you may want to put it in the IC thread.)

Keia

Dayspire

Explorer
I dunno, think so? The "Meanwhiles" usually don't have much to do with you guys - they're tangential to the 'main' storyline (i.e., the IC thread). Most of the time, you won't know that these things even go on.

For instance...

... who says you lost your parole officer?

:)

(But what do the rest of you think? Should I include Meanwhiles in the main IC thread?)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads