M&M3e (DCA) Young Justice: Home Alone

Shayuri

First Post
A moment after Stephanie took the pilot's seat, Echo quietly and without comment sat behind her, in the seat usually used by the 'systems operator,' handling communcations, sensors, and the various other goodies that the Javelin possessed.

She contacted the local airport and said, "Flight control, this is the Javelin at the Hall of Justice. We're taking off bound for Daily Planet building in Metropolis in response to an emergency situation. Please route flights to clear our corridor, over."

Her silver eyes slid over to meet Stephanie's through her mask, and she nodded. Her apparent lack of concern over having Stephanie at the controls was either a vote of confience, or of denial of reality...but either way it was clear that the baton had been passed.

The Javelin was ready for liftoff.

Annie took the seat she knew Diana always took in the Javelin if she wasn't piloting: the one nearest the emergency hatch. Not out of a desire for self-preservation, of course, but because the Amazon wanted to be the first one out and ready to deal with any attack that might present itself.

She strapped herself in, furiously telling her heart to stop racing. A hand went to the silver Egyptian style ankh she wore around her neck, the only thing she had to remind her of her Bana-Mighdallian mother. She shut her eyes and offered a little prayer to Hades, god of the dead.

Hey, daddy, I miss you and all, but please don't let any of my friends here or any innocent folks pass through your shady gates today. What else? Oh, yeah, Cerbie is good, and thanks for those cookies you sent, they were delish. Ok, gotta go do the superhero thing, love you!

She opened her eyes, feeling suddenly and oddly calm.

She was trained for this. They were trained for this.

"Let's go get 'em!"

cassius335

First Post
Without comment, Solaris took a passenger seat behind Echo, the better to keep as much Batgirl in sight as possible... a decision which had absolutely nothing to do with Batgirl's current demanour. Strapping himself in, Simon made a mental note not to talk to her... partly because she didn't seem interested and partly because - no matter what you're flying in - distracting the pilot tends to be a really bad idea.

OOC: I wish I could remember what the Javelin's interior looked like. Guess I'll hit up JL eps on Youtube...

"Let's go get 'em!"

"Yeah, let's rock & roll."

Last edited:

hero4hire

Explorer
Zatara boarded the jet and strapped in and put up his dark hood. "I guess I have escaped from scarier deathtraps, but lets not put my skills to the test on this trip shall we?"

Maybe Annie was sensitive to Batgirl's nervousness and didn't want Zach messing with her, or maybe she didn't like pessimism clouding her pre-battle mental psych-up; in either case, Annie reached over and socked Zach in the arm. She knew how strong she was, so it was VERY very light. Maybe only some small bruising.

"Shut up, Z. Prepare yourself... Don't you have to go polish your wand or something?"

OOC: Oh, also, prepare to get your names butchered, abbreviated, diminutified, or otherwise rendered cutesy. I call dibs on that trope.

Thejoshie

First Post
Steph looked over the switch board... then looked back at where Zack was sitting, then looked down at the control panel.

AH! There's the eject butto... BAD STEPH! No ejecting Teammates!

She began pre-launch sequence.

(Mistake #1, no warning to her occupants)

Her fingers wrapped around the throttle as she flipped on the VTOL engines. Screens came on, and infront of of her, a green light flashed, signalling her that everything was cleared for lift off.

Then it occurred to her...

The javelin might be more powerful then the flight simulator...

AM I NUTS!? Of course it's more powerful!

Okay... let's take it easy... 10% maximum thrust...

Mistake #2.

Every one in the plane would get pinned in their respective seats as the Javelin screamed through the air. There was no way Steph would know that the Javelin was optimized for high atmospheric flight, thus, even in low thrust, it's designed to have serious horsepower.

Oh, and Mistake #3: She's going the wrong way. The Daily Planet is south and she's going northeast.

fireinthedust

Explorer
ooc: Hey, can we use Superhero names and not identity names, even in internal monologues? It's easier to get into character right now; we can remove the masks later. When you wear a suit and take it seriously, you stop feeling like yourself (take it from the guy who dressed as the Flash and ran up the CN tower (15:44, no exercise; 30 seconds off the fastest female time, I might add, which is fast considering the competition): you think you're the Flash, people treat you like the Flash). Trust me, it's good for the experience.
If you have to say "Steph this" and "Annie that", pls go Sblocks.

IC: The Javalin rises smoothly. The grip on the wheel is incredibly hard to move, sensitive to the athletes and superheroes who use the plane regularly. After a moment it adjusts to suit Batgirl's strength, and moves more carefully. The technology is incredible. Much of the ride is controlled by the computer of the ship (Echo could easily have as much input in ultimate direction as Batgirl through giving the computer orders, though both would have to use the wheel to do maneuvers or tricks in combat).

The super-jet is housed below the Hall of Justice (you had to take firepoles down, or the no-elevator drop for fliers). The Javalin then goes along a long runway, finally letting out underwater: the Metropolis Harbor.

Thanks to Superman it's reasonably clean, though over the years you not a few bits of debris: here a robot head, there a getaway car with rocket-launchers. It's an underwater world, peaceful, quiet.

Then you break the surface. Batgirl realizes she has complete control about the time she reflexivly pilots out of the way of a Luthor-shaped statue on the side of the harbor (as it stands, a wing knocks off the globe his figure had been holding).

The flight is incredible, getting a view of the entire city below: Metropolis! As Superman sees it, truly a wonder of modern architecture and human engineering.

It's burning, with a few fires spread about the city, but that's not the biggest issue.

There is a massive shield in place over the Daily Planet, coming off a machine sitting on top of the Bronzed Planet on the roof. Flying over it, you can see the surface of the machine outside the shield, inviting a flier like Superman to enter. The shield has carved into the ground around the Planet.

A ring of cars and larger vehicles ring the building, a police barricade. Beyond that, a space has been cleared for the Javelin.

OOC: Batgirl, could you roll a Pilot check to land?

hero4hire

Explorer
Maybe Annie was sensitive to Batgirl's nervousness and didn't want Zach messing with her, or maybe she didn't like pessimism clouding her pre-battle mental psych-up; in either case, Annie reached over and socked Zach in the arm. She knew how strong she was, so it was VERY very light. Maybe only some small bruising.

"Shut up, Z. Prepare yourself... Don't you have to go polish your wand or something?"

OOC: Oh, also, prepare to get your names butchered, abbreviated, diminutified, or otherwise rendered cutesy. I call dibs on that trope.

Zatara rubbed his arm. "Oh sure you start praying..." he said indicating Wonder Girl's ankh she was holding. "...and I am the a-hole for trying to joke off the nerves? NICE!"

Walking Dad

First Post
Xenomorph

Just after the start:

Dregg, to exited to remembering to strap himself up. Thrown to the back of the plane, he is lucky that his alien body is more resilient than a human one.
"Gee... hope this wasn't on purpose.
Fun fact: Nearly all JLArs can and have already survived plane crashes... Does this speak for the security of this thing?"

He says, changing his body to a rocky form with enough strength to move back to his seat despite the Javelin's momentum.

[sblock=OOC]
The description above is for fun. Please don't make me doing toughness checks for it.

Can I still use Dre? I get some beast boy vibe from my character, who is nearly always, even in combar, called 'Gar' for 'Garfield' and almost never by his real name.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

hero4hire

Explorer
As the fly across the city Zatara is suprisingly silent; either appreciating the spectacular view for the first time, or taking Wonder Girl's physical warning (in the form of a rapidly growing bruise under his sleeve) to heart.

Remove ads