M&M3e (DCA) Young Justice: Home Alone

Thejoshie

First Post
Note: the Javelin isn't that complex: really user friendly computers and controls. Intimidating is all.

OOC: I'm going to take this as a sign of a safe landing. Correct me, if I'm wrong.

Batgirl unstrapped her self from the cockpit and stood from the pilot's chair, the cape slipping back over hershoulders and covering the rest of her body. "We're here. And we need a plan before we dare step out."

It was super obvious and truth be told, it would've been a waste of time saying it if it wasn't for one fact:

She saw a hole in the shield. The hole was accessible from the sky. Lois Lane missing (presumed to be a hostage), Jimmy Olsen and Perry White are confirmed hostages.

Someone was taunting Superman. Someone with privates the size of grapefruits. This means either Krptonite, or worse, a super-heavyweight.

...or a whack-job who has no idea what she's getting into. Like me.

Okay, think... if this was a person on the look out for Superman, what would be the last thing they expect... YES!

"I have one idea." Batgirl walked over so that she was now looking over the shoulder of Echo, which coincidentally had her standing in front of Solaris. Echo, is their any sort of underground or sewer access? What about a secondary entrance into a sub-basement? A building like the Daily Planet is sure to have a secondary generator. That means vents. Plus there's a chance that whomever is in their might not be expecting gophers."

OOC: My stylist has always called me "raven-haired," and no one has ever called me a brunette before, but could be. I mean, "black hair" really is just really really dark brown. Also, not liking this grey color... kinda hard picking a readable color when I've chosen Death's black and white look for Wonder Girl... hmmm, gonna try silver instead.

"Hey, doesn't this bad guy want Superman for whatever reason?" Wonder Girl turns to Xenomorph. "Hey, Morph, do you think you can turn into Superman and go into that forcefield gap over there find out what Mr. Baddy wants? Sunboy can go in with you too, so it looks like the whole Super gang showed up. I could probably fly in there invisible as well..."

cassius335

First Post
"I believe we have our plan." Solaris commented. "Xenomorph, Wonder Girl and I go high; Batgirl, Echo and Zatara go low; last one to hit the bad guy buys the pizza." he turned to Xenomorph. "Hope you don't mind carrying me..."

Thejoshie

First Post
"Hey, doesn't this bad guy want Superman for whatever reason?" Wonder Girl turns to Xenomorph. "Hey, Morph, do you think you can turn into Superman and go into that forcefield gap over there find out what Mr. Baddy wants? Sunboy can go in with you too, so it looks like the whole Super gang showed up. I could probably fly in there invisible as well..."
"No." Batgirl turned towards Wondergirl. "That would've been a brilliant move... but remember, we only have a 'guess' as to what this villain wants and no idea whom he or she is. To send them into that building without the rest of us could be suicide. Especially if there is no other way in for the rest of us."

Jesus... did I just sound like 'him'!?

"Superman can get away with cowboy antics like that cause he's... well... invulnerable. We are not. We're not equipped for a frontal assault. If we were..."

Batgirl swallowed as what she was about to say was going to sting.

"...if we were, we'd be fighting with 'them' right now, wouldn't we?"

cassius335

First Post
"No." Batgirl turned towards Wondergirl. "That would've been a brilliant move... but remember, we only have a 'guess' as to what this villain wants and no idea whom he or she is. To send them into that building without the rest of us could be suicide. Especially if there is no other way in for the rest of us."

Jesus... did I just sound like 'him'!?

"Superman can get away with cowboy antics like that cause he's... well... invulnerable. We are not. We're not equipped for a frontal assault. If we were..."

Batgirl swallowed as what she was about to say was going to sting.

"...if we were, we'd be fighting with 'them' right now, wouldn't we?"

"Whoever the bad guy is, he IS expecting Superman to turn up. I think Wonder Girl is right, Batgirl. If nothing else, we can keep whoever this is busy while you three get the hostages out." Solaris smirked. "And need I remind you: whoever this guy is, he didn't make Mongul's list either. Our inexperience might be balanced out by his."

Wonder Girl knew that Diana, in this situation, would argue that they shouldn't be wasting time with skullduggery while the lunatic in the Planet might get impatient and begin offing hostages waiting for Superman.

But she wasn't Diana; if there was anything that Wonder Girl was better at than Wonder Woman, it was compromise, and keeping her Amazon pride in check. And finding awesome clothes in thrift stores. So, instead, she shrugged.

"Wait, Sunboy, she might have a point. Maybe we should stick together. But, IS there another way in, though? I'm just concerned about the hostages... we don't know how patient this guy is."

She paused for a moment.
Oh, what the hey. Go, Amazon pride!

"You're wrong about one thing, though..." She cracked her knuckles, grinning. "We ARE equipped for a frontal assault."

cassius335

First Post
"My name is not Sunboy. Sun Boy, two words, won't even be born for another 1,000 years. Call me Solaris." he shrugged. "You may not think that much of an improvement, but..."
OOC: Cheeky Legion ref... :p

He frowned. "And I'm not enthusiatic about this guy's patience either."
"You're wrong about one thing, though..." She cracked her knuckles, grinning. "We ARE equipped for a frontal assault."

"Indeed." Solaris grinned, his eyes briefly flashing yellow.

OOC: Just gonna leave one question for Fire before I go: What's the weather like?

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
"Analysis complete," Echo announced, louder than strictly necessary in an attempt to cut through the chatter.

"The energy barrier is continually regenerating, unstable and volatile. Direct attacks could lead to an ionic explosion. Detected a carrier wave, probably a remote control signal. The generator assembly is on the roof and offers an obvious access point. Clearly a trap."

She spins the image on the display to show a closeup of the street in front of the planet, with the edge of the field clearly cutting into the asphalt.

"The force field appears to extend underground as well, though to what extent is unknown. Exploring its area fully would be time consuming and difficult."

The view rotated again back to the top. "Splitting our forces is a bad idea. We should stay together and strike at the visible weak point. Just because they think they can handle us doesn't mean they're right. A decoy Superman is a good idea...but would be a dangerous disguise to wear. You might as well paint a targeting reticule on your chest."

"Zatara. Can you create an illusion of Superman?"

(OOC - Echo doesn't look like a cyborg, just fyi...I'll try to find a decent pic...but with some slight variations in terms of hair/eye color, she looks human. And cute. :p (^_^))

Walking Dad

First Post

""I wish we had least had a name so we could Wiki the guy causing this."
"The Legion has a guy famous for forcefields. Perhaps an ancestor? The legionnaire is named 'Brainiac 5'."

"You can also call me 'Dre'. Bats there has a very good point. I could look like Superman, but could neither fly nor being invulnerable."

"My name is not Sunboy. Sun Boy, two words, won't even be born for another 1,000 years. Call me Solaris." he shrugged. "You may not think that much of an improvement, but..."

"In my time he doesn't like to be called boy anymore..."
Dre reminds Solaris that he is from the far future.

"So, if we want to go straight in, it's fine by me. But I'm actually weaker when I try to impersonate a Kryptonian.
But if we want to go in stealthy I know some other good shapes."

He currently looks like this:

blok.png

[sblock=OOC]

[/sblock]

Last edited:

cassius335

First Post
"The Legion has a guy famous for forcefields. Perhaps an ancestor? The legionnaire is named 'Brainiac 5'."

"Don't even go there." Solaris shuddered. "Braniac gives Superman trouble."

"You can also call me 'Dre'. Bats there has a very good point. I could look like Superman, but could neither fly nor being invulnerable."
"In my time he doesn't like to be called boy anymore..." Dre reminds Solaris that he is from the far future.

"He did when I met him." Solaris quipped. "Ah, time travel...."

"So, if we want to go straight in, it's fine by me. But I'm actually weaker when I try to impersonate a Kryptonian.
But if we want to go in stealthy I know some other good shapes."

"Do you do requests, Dre?" Solaris asked. He fished a deck of cards out of an unknown pocket and shuffled through them, before holding one up. "Because if you do, I know a good one."

The card's name was Blue-Eyes White Dragon.

"Analysis complete,"
Echo announced, louder than strictly necessary in an attempt to cut through the chatter.

"The energy barrier is continually regenerating, unstable and volatile. Direct attacks could lead to an ionic explosion. Detected a carrier wave, probably a remote control signal. The generator assembly is on the roof and offers an obvious access point. Clearly a trap."

She spins the image on the display to show a closeup of the street in front of the planet, with the edge of the field clearly cutting into the asphalt.

"The force field appears to extend underground as well, though to what extent is unknown. Exploring its area fully would be time consuming and difficult."

The view rotated again back to the top. "Splitting our forces is a bad idea. We should stay together and strike at the visible weak point. Just because they think they can handle us doesn't mean they're right. A decoy Superman is a good idea...but would be a dangerous disguise to wear. You might as well paint a targeting reticule on your chest."

"Zatara. Can you create an illusion of Superman?"

"The trap is starting to look like a good option, then."

(OOC - Echo doesn't look like a cyborg, just fyi...I'll try to find a decent pic...but with some slight variations in terms of hair/eye color, she looks human. And cute. :p (^_^))

OOC: They know she's a cyborg, correct?

Remove ads