• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

M1: Just a Treasure Hunt?? (Bront Judging)

Genithar, eagerly looking about the Boat, attempting to assess it's worth, notes that the shifter is a bit uneasy and raises an eyebrow, asking quietly, 'First time at sea, Mistress Shade?'

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Thral'k scrambles onto the ship, and then quickly---almost supernaturally---climbs up a mast to gaze upon the sea. Once he settles, it becomes much harder to see the lizard.

The Wizard watches Thral'k agilely climb the rigging and mast, seeming quite suited to it, but Genithar loses the lizardman among the ropes and wood as his form changes. Snorting, he shakes his head in amazement as he awaits the rest of the group, Shade's response, and the order to set sail.

I wonder where my bunk will be. Hopefully the Seacow has a large enough belly for private accomodations.

Redclaw

First Post
Corran takes his first steps onto the deck of a true vessel of the sea. A little unnerved by the realization that he is now separated from the earth by a barrier of water. I hope we arrive on Xen'drik soon, he mutters.
He then turns to find Genithar and the others. Could they think of no better animal to name this ship after? I would prefer to ride the waves on the back of a predator, not prey.

Turning to his boon companion, Genithar can't contain his laughter, his nasally voice bursting into a chortle as he responds, 'He he, Corran you put the Mummers to shame, my friend. Fear not, many of these Sea going types are of the sort that love irony, naming their largest warriors 'tiny' and their ugliest cooks 'beauty'. Perhaps the same is true of the Seacow and she is more of a Seawolf? I am sure the Captain of the vessel will make it clear that we are safe.'

Raising an eyebrow questioningly, the Wizard continues, 'Is this your first time upon a ship, as well? It seems you and Mistress Shade share that.'

Then, off handedly to both of them, as if it were a mere pittance, Genithar remarks as he begins to clean his finger nails, 'I believe the trip to Storm Reach should last about 3 months, if the Sahugan of Shargon's Teeth don't give us any trouble that is....'

Redclaw

First Post
With a deep sigh, and a longing look back to shore, Corran answers his elven friend's question. It's not that I doubt the ship's safety, it's just that I have doubts about being on such a vast amount of water. If Balinor had meant for us to be seafarer's we would have had a shark's tail, rather than legs.
[sblock=OOC]Earth is one of Corran's domains, so I figure he and water don't mix so well.[/sblock]

Again Genithar's laughter rings out over the ship's deck, not mocking or mean, but truly delighted, 'Truly, Corran, you have a gift. *Ahem* Well, what doubts do you have about the sea? We will not be required to swim or touch the ocean... well, so long as the ship isn't destroyed out from under us... but I trust in Master Gregory's ability to hire a Captain and Crew skilled in seacraft AND defense. Also, you've your comrades around you, should any ill tide befall us, we shall all fight it together. As for Shark Tail's, Balinor looks over the Hunters, the Hunted, and the kingdom of animals, yes? Sharks are powerful hunters as well as animals of Balinor's kingdom. Who knows, my friend, perhaps you will see animals on this journey that would make even mighty Balinor's eyes widen. Truly, this trip will be a marvel, not a horror... stand strong, my young friend. We've a long road ahead.'

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads