• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

M2: The Search for Goblin HQ

Manzanita

First Post
Round 6

Tor's chain whistles through the air and rips the Northern curtain from the wall, revealing four whimpering zombies. While Charlyn carefully maintains his distance, the rest of the party lays into the cowering undead with any weapon available.

I'm not inclined to roll it out. Let's assume the party manages to destroy five zombies w/in four rounds. They are tough little buggers, though, aren't they?

Having finally smashed their opposition, the party pauses to assess their situation. Many are wounded. There are two strong locked doors, and a passage south behind the curtain.

HPs: Charlyn 7/14
Ashnar 3/6
Nurlan 4/10
Rinaldo 13/17
Somac 12/14
Tor 2/14
Tenebryn: Full

Last edited:

Patlin

Explorer
Manzanita said:

As Tor comes out of his rage, he curses as the pain decends upon him.

"Charlarn, could I get some help here?" He grits his teeth. While he's not upset with Charlarn, he's still "seeing red."

Steve Jung

Explorer
Charlarn of Phyrah: Male human cleric 2

The cleric hooks his morningstar back onto his belt and lights a sunrod. "Of course, Tor. Hold still and receive Phyrah's blessing." He spontaneously casts cure light wounds in place of hide from undead on Tor.

[dice=1]8[/dice]
+2=

Then Charlarn checks Nurlan's wound. "Let me heal you, Nurlan." He spontaneously casts cure light wounds in place of bless on Nurlan.

[dice=1]8[/dice]
+2=

Cleric Spells Prepared (4/3+1: save DC 13 + level):
0–detect magic, guidance (2), light;
1–bless, detect undead, hide from undead, sanctuary*.
*Domain spell.

Last edited:

Erekose13

Explorer
While the others are recovering, Tenebrynn will guard the passageway to the south, peering down it to see if he can make out any more details.

Manzanita

First Post
Tenebryn moves the south passage. Rinaldo provides light, and the elf can see that there is an open room, about 50 feet long, with five small cells along the West wall. The cells doors are old and several are hanging from their hinges. The floor is made of large stone flaggins.

Erekose13

Explorer
Tenebrynn will wait till his companions have recovered before saying, "It looks like there are several small cells in this next room, most of which look abandoned and in poor repair. We should probably check it out though before trying one of those other doors." Then with that he will step beyond and have a look around the room, peering into the cells one by one as quietly and carefully as he can (which is not very).

Patlin

Explorer
Steve Jung said:
The cleric hooks his morningstar back onto his belt and lights a sunrod. "Of course, Tor. Hold still and receive Phyrah's blessing." He spontaneously casts cure light wounds in place of hide from undead on Tor.

I think the dice didn't work because two seperate rolls were attempted. Here's a roll for the spell cast on Tor.

[dice]

Tor is now at 5 out of 14.

Last edited:

Manzanita

First Post
Tenebryn (and Rinaldo I'll assume, otherwise there would be no light) step into the southern room. None of the cell doors are locked. A quick glance into each cell shows it empty of anything of obvious interest. A few bones, loose rocks, dirt, mold, chains...

As Tenebryn circles the room, he notices by his elven senses an opening under one of the stone flaggons. A concealed door!

orsal

LEW Judge
Patlin said:
I think the dice didn't work because two seperate rolls were attempted. Here's a roll for the spell cast on Tor.

And for Nurlan:
[dice]
+2=3. Nurlan is now at 7/10 HP.

"Thanks, Charlarn. Those foul creatures seemed rightfully afraid of the Lady's wrath."

OOC: I'm back home, and will once again be checking frequently.

Last edited:

Remove ads