M2: The Search for Goblin HQ

Erekose13

Explorer
"I am not sure that I agree, a secret passage like this might lead us past traps or guards and grant us a measure of suprise. I suppose that requires that this passageway actually leads somewhere constructive though. Lead on Nurlan, lets see if Rinaldo can work his magic on one of those doors." Says Tenebrynn, eager to explore, but willing to go with the flow.

Patlin

Explorer
ooc: I'm doing a bit of travelling and may have only intermittent internet access for about a weak. If a combat starts, Tor will smack things with his chain and try to position himself so that opponents will need to pass through his threatened area and thus generate attacks of opportunity. Out of combat, he'll generally go along with the majority and/or the party leader. Happy holidays, all!

Steve Jung

Explorer
Charlarn of Phyrah: Male human cleric 2

"I say we should try to open each of these doors. If one holds clues as to Irene's location, then we go that way. If not, then the secret passage may give us an advantage over whoever has taken her."

OOC: I too will not be around much the coming week. Sorry. Happy Holidays. :)

Velmont

First Post
"Tenebrynn is right on that one. If you hide a passage, it is because you want to use it at your advantage, or you don't want intruder to use it at there advantage. In both case, it was meant for intruders like us not to see it, so I think it worth a try to explore that way. But I won't explore alone, so I'll follow the group mind."

Rinaldo take out his lockpicks.

"I feel like a cat burglar... not sure I like that much. Well, as my cousin says, the best way to catch a thief, it is to know the thief's tricks. So, do I use them?"

orsal

LEW Judge
Velmont said:
"Tenebrynn is right on that one. If you hide a passage, it is because you want to use it at your advantage, or you don't want intruder to use it at there advantage. In both case, it was meant for intruders like us not to see it, so I think it worth a try to explore that way. But I won't explore alone, so I'll follow the group mind."

Nurlan replies:
"That makes a lot of sense, for an intruder just trying to discover all the secrets of the keep. If we have time for that, we can come back. But whatever secrets that corridor leads to, Irene isn't one of them, unless there's another corridor that also leads to her. So let's stay focused on the most important task for the moment. Remember, we don't even know that Irene is down here. If we search the places she might possibly being held, and don't find her, we may still need to search upstairs too."

Manzanita

First Post
I'm out of town at the moment. What is behind those doors? Durned if I know. I'll have to put this on hiatus until early next week. Happy Solstice/Festivus everyone!

Manzanita

First Post
Behind door #1...

Rinaldo is able to pick the locks on east door. The lock is not of very high quality. The west door isn't locked at all. One might suspect the party has already eliminated the main defences to the area. Behind both doors are store rooms. On the West is a 10 by 10 room containing 20 shields of various size and weight, 15 suits of armor (leather and chainmail, for small and medium), several barrels of salted meat, several barrels of fresh water, and two 5 gallon kegs of Brandy.

Behind the East door is a much larger room, about 20 by 20 feet. It contains 30 black hooded cloaks, 10 glaives, 10 guisarmes, 10 battle axes, two crates containing 120 bolts and 120 arrows, and various crates of foodstuffs.

orsal

LEW Judge
Manzanita said:
Rinaldo is able to pick the locks on east door. The lock is not of very high quality. The west door isn't locked at all. One might suspect the party has already eliminated the main defences to the area. Behind both doors are store rooms. On the West is a 10 by 10 room containing 20 shields of various size and weight, 15 suits of armor (leather and chainmail, for small and medium), several barrels of salted meat, several barrels of fresh water, and two 5 gallon kegs of Brandy.

Behind the East door is a much larger room, about 20 by 20 feet. It contains 30 black hooded cloaks, 10 glaives, 10 guisarmes, 10 battle axes, two crates containing 120 bolts and 120 arrows, and various crates of foodstuffs.

Nurlan picks up a small shield. "I've thought about getting one of these. Think I should take it?" Holding the shield in his left hand, he then picks up his longspear with his right hand. It is awkward trying to manoever the spear in one hand. "But I couldn't impale any more hobgoblins if I did. I really don't know if it's worth it." After a moment's reflection he drops the shield and turns to the food and drink in the barrels. "When we're done exploring, maybe we'll want to come back here for dinner. That meat looks tastier than the trail rations I've got."

Knight Otu

First Post
orsal said:
"When we're done exploring, maybe we'll want to come back here for dinner. That meat looks tastier than the trail rations I've got."
Storage rooms, even though there were some upstairs. And no apparent doors... I wonder...

"And we might want to take a few of the foods along that are not as prone to expiring, for when we leave. Tenebrynn, Rinaldo, do you think you can find another passage in these rooms? And if I may borrow a light source for a short time, I want to check something at the passage in the south. Maybe it was prepared to look unused."

Ashnar will take a swift look if illusions might be involved, even though he has hardly any knowledge of illusions. If someone wants to aid by looking for more mundane means of such preparation, Ashnar will gladly accept.

Erekose13

Explorer
"Sure Ashnar, lets have a look." Tenebrynn replies as he begins searching the east room first, before moving on to the west. "I think we may want to investigate that secret passageway given our lack of options." he says as he begins his search (+6 search).

Remove ads