M2: The Search for Goblin HQ

Manzanita

First Post
I Think it's fun to let you roll them...

Just before the path splits, Tenebryn notices that on the ceiling above them, there appears to be a raised porticullis. He can just make out the pointed iron rods in the shadows.

Patlin

Explorer
Manzanita said:
Just before the path splits, Tenebryn notices that on the ceiling above them, there appears to be a raised porticullis. He can just make out the pointed iron rods in the shadows.

If Tenebryn shares this information, Tor will congratulate him on his good catch. Someone should break the thing, so it can't trap us, slow an escape, or seperate the party.

Erekose13

Explorer
As Tenebrynn approaches the portcullis he notices the spikes in the shadows and lets everyone know. "Good idea Tor, anyone know how to disable these kind of things? Perhaps our spice merchant knows, Rinaldo hold the line for a second, we need your expertise I think. Any idea how to disable this porcullis, I guess we could just try to wedge something in it like a couple of those glaives from back in the armory."

Manzanita

First Post
I'm feeling a bit awkward about having Tenebryn take the spot roll. On second thought, being an elf wouldn't really help in this case. I just figured I'd make one roll for the party. Whatever, hope no one minded.

The party wedges a few weapons into the portcullis, though Rinaldo is uncertain if this is enough to really keep it from falling. It is impossible to determine exactly how heavy the thing is, or how it is activated.

orsal

LEW Judge
Manzanita said:
I'm feeling a bit awkward about having Tenebryn take the spot roll. On second thought, being an elf wouldn't really help in this case. I just figured I'd make one roll for the party. Whatever, hope no one minded.

The party wedges a few weapons into the portcullis, though Rinaldo is uncertain if this is enough to really keep it from falling. It is impossible to determine exactly how heavy the thing is, or how it is activated.

Nurlan uses his 10' pole. "If we need to leave it here, it may be useful to have our weapons with it. The pole I can spare more easily."

Patlin

Explorer
Manzanita said:

"Is this the kind that locks into the ground, or is it just heavy? Heh. Guess it would make too much noise if I pounded the thing till it was too out of shape to fit in its own grooves!"

Velmont

First Post
"Well, I would hate to lost it, and hope I could take it back later, but I can use that magical rod I have. It seems pretty strong that I am pretty sure it could carry the weight of this porticullis if it ever fall. I just need to activate it near the roof and it should maintain it. It will be more solid than those weapon. But I dunno how handy that rod could come handy later too... but porticullis are generally heavy, I am not sure those weapon can sustain the weight... maybe. I think the other passage may be meant for this, to pass that porticullis when it is down, to attack from behind anyone trying to force his way in or to simply pass them and try to search some help. I doubt it is the only way out. No one would like to imprison himself. So, if it fall, I suppose there will be another way out, but it will be one way less to escape, and the only way known for now..."

OOC: Do not mind that Erekose rolled... my master used to ask the highest modifier of the group to roll for the group on such rolls...

Knight Otu

First Post
"If you think that rod is strong enough to keep the portcullis from dropping down, I'd be for using it. Just be careful with deactivating it on the way out."

I wonder how much of Rinaldo is still a spice merchant, and how much he really is an adventurer. He certainly underestimates the adventurer inside of him. If I could breed some more confidence without recklessness into him...

"We certainly should keep in mind that the other passage may lead into this portion as well, but don't count on it."

Remove ads