M2: The Search for Goblin HQ

Steve Jung

Explorer
Charlarn of Phyrah: Male human cleric 2

Charlarn would have asked the others to each get a black cloak for disguise.

"I think the rod will be fine, Rinaldo. If we need it later we can come back for it. Right now, it's hard to tell the gate is blocked. That could be useful."

orsal

LEW Judge
Steve Jung said:
"I think the rod will be fine, Rinaldo. If we need it later we can come back for it. Right now, it's hard to tell the gate is blocked. That could be useful."

Nurlan nods in agreement as he takes his 10' pole out of the gate, leaving it for Rinaldo's nifty magic rod to hold up. "Great. Then let's go on."

Patlin

Explorer
Tor will take a black cloak, per Charlarn's suggestion. He shakes it out, looking at it dubiously to try and determine if it contains needles or is alive or if it might otherwise do him harm. If he finds nothing, he will put it on.

ooc: As to direction, might I suggest we establish a search pattern? My tabletop group almost always uses the right hand rule. In other words, stick your arm out to the wall to your right, and follow it through each opening. If we are heading SE and the corridor splits South and East, the right hand rule would have us go South.

Velmont

First Post
Rinaldo put his immovable rod so it block the porticullis and activate it.

"South or East seems the same to me... Let's start with south, except of someone have something usefull to say about one of these passges?"

Erekose13

Explorer
Tenebrynn nabs one of the cloaks too at Charlarns suggestion. "Though I think they already know we are coming."

At the fork he agrees with Rinaldo's assessment, but takes a quick look to see if there are any tracks that might suggest which route to take.

Manzanita

First Post
No tracks are evident. The party heads south. The passage winds a bit, staying the same claustraphonic 5 foot wide, and about 8 feet high. After about 120 feet, it opens into a rectangular room with three stout oaken doors on the south wall, and a short passage heading West about 20 feet, ending in another door.

As Rinaldo enters, slightly ahead of the others, he pauses to look and listen. Suddenly he hears the bolt being drawn back on the door to the Southeast.

Patlin

Explorer
Tor waits for a sign from Rinaldo. If given any indication that we need to pursue through the newly bolted door, he will charge it and begin to batter it down with his chain, leaving room for Somac to do the same on the other side. Suspecting a trap, he takes a quick look around the room as well.

Knight Otu

First Post
Ashnar will take a black cloak as well, though he is doubtful that it will help.
At the room, he prepares his new-found crossbow, but won't shoot unless a clear threat presents itself.

Remove ads