• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

M2: The Search for Goblin HQ

orsal

LEW Judge
Erekose13 said:
Tenebrynn wonders what all the commotion is from the back of the group. He stand up on his tip-toes but cant see around the big guys. He nudges Nurlan in front of him, "What's going on? I can't see."

"Looks like we surprised a goblin woman. To the best I can see she's alone, and scared. That's all I can make out" replies Nurlan. He holds off on anything combat related until he sees if it's needed.

When he sees Rinaldo and Tor overwhelm her, he pushes his way to the front. "Wait! I think I know how to get her trust." He starts chanting a brief sweet-sounding melody as he waves his hands in front of her. (Casting Charm Person on the goblin.) I'm glad I started learning the goblin language. It could come in handy in a moment.

Steve Jung

Explorer
Charlarn of Phyrah: Male human cleric 2

Once he sees that she is merely a child, Charlarn lowers his crossbow. He goes over to the corridor she came from and looks down that way.

Manzanita

First Post
The goblin is not a child, merely a small female of the species. Aside from the butter knife, she also carries a shortsword.

Nurlan's charm person spell is successful.

"Oh." She says in goblin. "You scared me. I was just bringing some food to the captive. Cranzer said she was not hostile."

Last edited:

orsal

LEW Judge
Manzanita said:
The goblin is not a child, merely a small female of the species. Aside from the butter knife, she also carries a shortsword.

Nurlan's charm person spell is successful.

"Oh." She says in goblin. "You scared me. I was just bringing some food to the captive. Cranzer said she was not hostile."

"Tell me, who is this captive?" Nurlan asks the goblin, speaking the goblin language.

Last edited:

Vigwyn the Unruly

First Post
Somac: Male Human Barbarian 1

Somac smiles in amazement as he sees Nurlan weave his magic. In his tribe, only the shaman could wield that kind of power. Somac has to admit that Nurlan's singing has had a nearly magical effect on his own morale, but he had chalked that up to cameraderie and the spirit of the quest. But this! this is the use of a special magic to charm a vile goblin!

Somac has a new found respect for the bard.

Last edited:

Manzanita

First Post
"Oh, some spellcaster who was captured yesterday. I don't know her name. She's in that room right over there." She points to the door down the hall to the West.

Patlin

Explorer
If the whole conversation is in Goblin, Tor doesn't understand it. If he's told what she says, he growls "Tell her to open it. Now."

Knight Otu

First Post
Ashnar watches Nurlan's spell with disdain, but understanding the situation, he simply says "Good, that should safe us some time."

Assuming Nurlan or someone else translates what the goblin woman said:
With Charlarn watching the corridor now, he walks up to the bard and the goblin and says "I don't know if you understand what I say, but if not, Nurlan will translate it. We need to see that prisoner, but we don't know if there are any kind of guards or wards in place. If there are, we would like to know it before going in. And I think you really do not need that sword." He still uses a soft tone, and smiles. Even if the woman doesn't understand him, he wants to make a good impression.

Who knows what happens when that spell wears off. I had prefered to actually get her on our side. She would have been more useful this way.

Erekose13

Explorer
As Nurlan takes the lead speaking to the woman, Tenebrynn will translate their conversation to the group understanding goblin himself. Questions that the group wants to put to the goblin woman he will leave to Nurlan however.

Remove ads