• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

M2: The Search for Goblin HQ

orsal

LEW Judge
Manzanita said:
"Oh, some spellcaster who was captured yesterday. I don't know her name. She's in that room right over there." She points to the door down the hall to the West.

A spellcaster, Nurlan thinks. Yes, most definitely the one we have in mind. Then out loud, still in goblin, he says, "Could you open the door for us? I would like to meet this woman.

Manzanita

First Post
The goblin gets up and makes her way nervously through the party, down the corridor and to a door. It is locked from the outside by a bar. She lifts the bar and swings open the door. Inside are several bunks and a filthy mess of trash, including some armor, weapons and black cloaks. Also, one injured, but conscious halfling wizard named Irene.

Patlin

Explorer
Fighting down the urge to shout a welcome, Tor instead speaks in a quiet voice.

"Irene, are you allright? What happened?"

orsal

LEW Judge
Nurlan has a big smile as he greets the halfling in the common language. "Irene! I am so glad we found you!". Then he turns back to the goblin and says, in Goblin, "This is the one we were looking for. We'll have to take her. Say, can you tell me who else is around this fort?"

Velmont

First Post
"Can you help her?" says Rinaldo to Charlan. "And now we have found her, do we continue to explore, or do we go back. I don't know how much time is left before the group who has left will come back. I don't want to be here at that time."

Patlin

Explorer
Velmont said:
"Can you help her?" says Rinaldo to Charlan. "And now we have found her, do we continue to explore, or do we go back. I don't know how much time is left before the group who has left will come back. I don't want to be here at that time."

Tor nods in agreement, thinking he'd still prefer to ambush that group at it travells overland.

Manzanita

First Post
gobln

The small goblin watches the group as she listens to Nurlan. "Well, upstairs in the fort proper, there's lots of us. Down here, there's only me, Gunyon, Grot and Cranzer. That's five. Er, three. Now, are you the ones Bog warned us were coming?"

Knight Otu

First Post
(I assume the goblin still has her sword?)

Seeing his questions ignored, Ashnar simply thinks I suppose I should remember I am not in a leadership position, and also not in an advisor position. I need to work on that.

Ashnar remains near the rear of the group, to be able to warn to group if someone approaches. "It is good to see you again, Irene." he smiles.

While he doesn't understand what the goblin said, it seemed to Ashnar like a question. Any question he could think of would be dangerous, so he watches her carefully, to be ready if the goblin makes a hostile move. He tries to do so without raising suspicion from the goblin.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads