• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

M2: The Search for Goblin HQ

Erekose13

Explorer
"Yes indeed, Ashnar, we have had no indication that there are other 'civilians' as you put it Rinaldo. Cranzer as far as we understand is the priest or armored warrior we saw earlier. In addition we are being paid by the government of Monemvassia to remove the goblin menace an ear at a time. Each ear we remove from those lying fallen in the battle above are as good as gold. While the four of us who came to recruit you are also searching for Jezibel and her connection to these goblins, the other motivation remains." Tenebrynn says, not the least bit reluctant to speak of goblins the way he has. While he does not hate them, he goes about his job methodically and almost academically (especially if you have ever seen him remove ears).

Vigwyn the Unruly

First Post
Somac: Male Human Bbn1

Somac whispers in Common to his companions, "I don't relish killing, but I don't shrink from it either. I have never known a good goblin, and this lot doesn't seem any different. They enslave good people and consort with the undead. As far as I'm concerned this is an infestation, and we should clear the land of it."

Manzanita

First Post
The goblin still talks only to Nurlan, glancing suspiciously at the others. She lowers her voice, and, as always, speaks in goblin. "So you were the ones Bog saw fighting the ghouls. I understand. The ghouls attack most anything, and they're disgusting and terrifying." She pauses and thinks a little more. "So how did you get here? What's going on in the fort upstairs?"

orsal

LEW Judge
Manzanita said:
The goblin still talks only to Nurlan, glancing suspiciously at the others. She lowers her voice, and, as always, speaks in goblin. "So you were the ones Bog saw fighting the ghouls. I understand. The ghouls attack most anything, and they're disgusting and terrifying." She pauses and thinks a little more. "So how did you get here? What's going on in the fort upstairs?"

Nurlan lowers his voice too, and speaks in his most soothing tone: "I don't know. We got here and found a mess there. Say, you know, I think the way you're holding that sword is worrying my friends. I can promise you that they would never hurt you unless you attacked them first, but they mistake your sword for a threat. Why don't you give it to me? I can assure you nobody will hurt you."

Manzanita

First Post
"I see, well. The thing is, I can't really stick around. I was just supposed to drop the food off with the prisoner. Cranzer wanted me to come right back. I don't know if he would want me talking to strangers. I really should go."

orsal

LEW Judge
Manzanita said:
"I see, well. The thing is, I can't really stick around. I was just supposed to drop the food off with the prisoner. Cranzer wanted me to come right back. I don't know if he would want me talking to strangers. I really should go."

"Well, thanks a lot for your help," Nurlan says. "Let me just see if my friends have any more questions." Since the goblin couldn't even count to five, Nurlan is pretty confident she can't understand Common. Turning to the rest of the group, he says, in Common, "Is there anything else I should ask while she's here? She's about to return to this Cranzer. Should we let her take us to him, or would we rather avoid him?"

Vigwyn the Unruly

First Post
Somac: Male Human Bbn1

"Well, if we let her go to him, she'll report that we are here. On the other hand, if we detain her, he will know that something is wrong because she hasn't returned. I say we let her take us to him. That way, we have the element of surprise.

Gurdjieff

First Post
"Did you get the guy who was in charge of talking to me?" Irene asks while the group is deciding what to do. "He came in and questioned me, about who I was and what I was doing here. He was strong and should still be around here somewhere, I dont think it has been longer than a couple of minutes since he was here."

orsal

LEW Judge
Nurlan says to the goblin, "Could you take us to Cranzer? I should like to meet him. It sounds like your people have the wrong idea about us. Perhaps a talk could clear things up."

Remove ads