M2: The Search for Goblin HQ

Steve Jung

Explorer
Charlarn of Phyrah: Male human cleric 2

orsal said:
"Well, thanks a lot for your help," Nurlan says. "Let me just see if my friends have any more questions." Since the goblin couldn't even count to five, Nurlan is pretty confident she can't understand Common. Turning to the rest of the group, he says, in Common, "Is there anything else I should ask while she's here? She's about to return to this Cranzer. Should we let her take us to him, or would we rather avoid him?"
"We should go with her. Hopefully he won't expect us to find him so soon."
Venus said:
"Did you get the guy who was in charge of talking to me?" Irene asks while the group is deciding what to do. "He came in and questioned me, about who I was and what I was doing here. He was strong and should still be around here somewhere, I dont think it has been longer than a couple of minutes since he was here."
"No. We didn't see anyone else down here. Do you think it might be this Cranzer?"

Manzanita

First Post
goblin

"OK. I trust you. Talking to Cranzer sounds like a good idea. I'm Gunyon, by the way. What's your name?" she asks Nurlan. She starts walking south the way she came. The narrow passage continues about 20 feet before branching SE. It also continues directly south. She heads SE. As she walks she continues to talk.

"I'll tell Grot you're friendly. He's pretty grumpy though. I'm afraid he might attack you." She shakes her head. "We were all supposed to be on alert after Bog warned us attackers were coming, but Grot found a keg of firewater, and he just can't help himself on that sort of thing. He drank all of it. Cranzer punished him, so he's cranky and hung over."

orsal

LEW Judge
Manzanita said:
"OK. I trust you. Talking to Cranzer sounds like a good idea. I'm Gunyon, by the way. What's your name?" she asks Nurlan.[/QOUTE]

Nurlan hesitates, wondering if identifying himself might make it any easier for the enemy to figure out what they're up to. If they figure out this group of visitors is the same group Jezibel had a run-in with earlier, they might guess our objectives, he thinks. So he says, "I'm Naibi," using only the surname Shkarna had given him years ago to make him sound more genteel. Since folks in this region only know him as Nurlan, he figures this won't give anyone any clues.

Manzanita said:
She starts walking south the way she came. The narrow passage continues about 20 feet before branching SE. It also continues directly south. She heads SE. As she walks she continues to talk.

And Nurlan also engages her in conversation. "My small friend here, the one your people imprisoned by mistake, said she is missing a book. Do you have any idea where it could be?"

Manzanita said:
"I'll tell Grot you're friendly. He's pretty grumpy though. I'm afraid he might attack you." She shakes her head. "We were all supposed to be on alert after Bog warned us attackers were coming, but Grot found a keg of firewater, and he just can't help himself on that sort of thing. He drank all of it. Cranzer punished him, so he's cranky and hung over."

Nurlan is glad to hear the goblins are not as well-disciplined as previous impressions would have suggested, but he keeps that thought to himself. "Well, you've got to live the good life from time to time," is all he says, thinking about some times he's had living the good life, and its after effects.

Velmont

First Post
"You may be right... but I still don't like much the idea. Undeads are just abberation. Unliving or losts souls, but goblins... well, those ones doesn't seems to be the friendly kind, except for our little friend here who doesn't seem very quick witted."

Vigwyn the Unruly

First Post
Somac: Male Human Bbn1

Manzanita said:
"OK. I trust you. Talking to Cranzer sounds like a good idea. I'm Gunyon, by the way. What's your name?" she asks Nurlan. She starts walking south the way she came. The narrow passage continues about 20 feet before branching SE. It also continues directly south. She heads SE. As she walks she continues to talk.

OOC: Can I perform a Sense Motive check to discern if the goblin is putting us on and might be leading us into a trap? My mod is +0 so I know it's a long shot, but you never know, I might get lucky! :p

Patlin

Explorer
ooc: Speaking of sense motive, it is Tor's hope to resolve the conflict between the goblins and the nearby towns peacefully if possible. Just in case anyone tries to divine our true intentions in what will (if we are very lucky) hopefully be an upcoming conversation...

"Getting Irene's equipment back is certainly important. If we can grab it on the way, our negotiating position will be better, too. Irene, did you tell your interrogator anything that might be important for us to know if we are able to speak to him?"

Gurdjieff

First Post
"Euhhh, he know's who we are. But nothing more really. And I agree, we should get my stuff back. I really like my stuff you know..."

Knight Otu

First Post
Ashnar will try to discern how convinced the goblin is by Nurlan's speech (Sense Motive +6).

And I agree, we should get my stuff back. I really like my stuff you know..."
And a wizard without a spellbook cannot do much...

Erekose13

Explorer
Tenebrynn follows, this time in the middle of the group so that he can continue translating what the goblin is saying to the others in the group. As the group seems to be going the direction that he wants to he backs out of the conversation on morality, in his mind the goblins are vermin who need to be exterminated.

Remove ads