M2: The Search for Goblin HQ

Manzanita

First Post
The dungeon

Gunyon leads the group about 60 feet down the passage slanting SE. As she chats with Nurlan the others try to get a read on her. Neither Ashnar nor Somac feel they can predict or understand her well. She seems a simple goblin, but who knows. They haven't much experience with goblins.

At the end of the hall is a stout oaken door. Gunyon pushes it open. It wasn't locked. Once through this door, there is another stout door on the North wall of the passage. The passage continues due East, but uphill. The party can see light filtering in though some bushes about 100 to 200 feet up the passage, though from where they stand, the only useful light is coming from Rinaldo's sunrod.

Gunyon knocks on the door. "Grot! Open up! It's me, Gunyon!" She calls in goblin. "I've found some friends. It's OK. We can trust them!"

orsal

LEW Judge
Manzanita said:
Gunyon leads the group about 60 feet down the passage slanting SE. As she chats with Nurlan the others try to get a read on her. Neither Ashnar nor Somac feel they can predict or understand her well. She seems a simple goblin, but who knows. They haven't much experience with goblins.

At the end of the hall is a stout oaken door. Gunyon pushes it open. It wasn't locked. Once through this door, there is another stout door on the North wall of the passage. The passage continues due East, but uphill. The party can see light filtering in though some bushes about 100 to 200 feet up the passage, though from where they stand, the only useful light is coming from Rinaldo's sunrod.

Gunyon knocks on the door. "Grot! Open up! It's me, Gunyon!" She calls in goblin. "I've found some friends. It's OK. We can trust them!"

Nurlan does not have any of his weapons in hand as they await Grot's reply. He is doing his best to appear unthreatening. OOC: since he was talking to Gunyon and she was leading us, he must be in front, right?

Velmont

First Post
"We will see now if you were right... we will know if we have to fight them or negotiate. I am more use to the last, and can speak with the leader if he knows a bit of common..."

Rinaldo hesitate to take his rapier, but finally choose to let it in its sheat, prefering to use words for weapon if possible.

Patlin

Explorer
As his chain cannot be sheathed, Tor relies on his stance and facial position to appear nonthreatening. He'll take up a position towards the back in hopes of not messing things up, knowing Nurlan is likely far better at such things.

Manzanita

First Post
The door opens

Gunyon pounds and shouts for about a minute, before the sound of a latch is heard, and the door finally opens. By the light of Rinaldo's sunrod, the party can see a long corridor stretching north, though they can't see quite how long the corridor is, because the door only opens about halfway.

Gunyon steps forward. "Hey - it's me, Gunyon." she calls in goblin. "I'm bringing some EEEEEEE!" Her scream continues as she is shoved out of the way by a goblin sized creature bursting out. The creature is clearly not a goblin, however. It is impossibly thin, with dark purple skin, and sharp finger as long as its arms. It seems to have no lips, revealing sharp yellow teeth as it leaps for Nurlan.

Initiative:
Rinaldo, Tor, Irene, Nurlan, Tenebryn, Somac, Charlyn
Bad guys
Ashnar

The creature is in the same square as the half-open door, the letter not really showing up in the map

Attachments

• dungeon.JPG
    dungeon.JPG
    10 KB · Views: 265

orsal

LEW Judge
Too close for the spear, Nurlan is thinking as he begins to sing Lord Shanaji's Battle Cry, a song which he expects to inspire as much courage as the march he had been using earlier. So he draws his mace, intending to use it against the abomination bearing down on him if he survives its first attack. (This assumes the creature is not down by the time his initiative comes around.)

Gurdjieff

First Post
"Eep! Get it!" Irene cries while hiding behind the rest. As she doesn't have anything to fight with, she decides it's best not getting the way of the others.

Patlin

Explorer
Tor will strike the odd, small creature with his chain if he can get to it. If not, he will delay until after Tenebrynn to see if things have opened up more. If that also fails, he will ready an action to strike the first hostile creature coming in range.

Erekose13

Explorer
Without line of sight Tenebrynn waits patiently, then noticing Tor waiting not so impatiently behind him, he moves to the side and takes a step back to let the man through. "After you." he says as Tor passes him.

Remove ads