M2: The Search for Goblin HQ

Manzanita

First Post
Round 4

In the rear, Irene's pony careens off. Somac fires again at the goblins on the boulder, but their height, size and partial concealment makes his shots difficult. He misses. Both return fire at him, although they also miss.

Charlyn sucessfully, though awkwardly, controls his mount, stopping at the right place and striking a glancing blow on the hobgoblin's helmet (4 pts). Nurlan reloads his crossbow. The ogre proves a difficult target, as Rinaldo and Ashnar both miss with their bolts. Tenebrynn's 3rd magic missile strikes the ogre (3 pts).

Despite Tor's taunts, the ogre again reloads his crossbow, as he continues walking towards the canoe. By the end of the round, he stands behind it, giving himself partial cover. (+4 AC)

The closest hobgoblin drops his bow and attacks Charlyn with his sword, but it deflects off Charlyn's mail. The second hobgoblin's arrow again sails off target.

Attachments

• beach.JPG
    beach.JPG
    37 KB · Views: 81

orsal

LEW Judge
Seeing all opponents at least somewhat concealed, Nurlan decides to resume the plan of getting rid of the small guys first. With his loaded crossbow in hand, he turns back, moving to where he can (hopefully) get a view of the little critters on the rock, then fires at one of them.

edit: The square right in front of the one marked "I" is probably the best one for him to move to. If he has a choice, he'll fire at the wounded goblin.

Last edited:

Steve Jung

Explorer
Charlarn of Phyrah: Male human cleric 3

Charlarn will guide his horse with his knees again (Ride check DC 5; check +2; result 11 + 2). He yells out, "Surrender or die." He'll attack the wounded hobgoblin again (Atk +3; Dmg 1d8+1) with his horse (Ride check DC 10; check +2; result 13 + 2). The horse rears up and strikes with its hooves (Atk +4 (x2); Dmg 1d4+3) and bite (Atk -1; Dmg 1d3+1).

Erekose13

Explorer
Tenebrynn moves out of the wooded area and up to the corner of the building taking partial cover from the ogre while loosing another magic missile from his scroll.

Vigwyn the Unruly

First Post
Cursing in frustration, Somac moves toward the boulder and tries to climb it. Once he gets to the top, he will attempt to bull rush the goblins over the side, one at a time.

Manzanita

First Post
round 5

Somac abandons his bow and jumps up on the boulder. He finds it a very challenging climb, and can make no progress. Perhaps it would be easier at another angle. Nurlan comes back to join him and puts a bolt into the wounded goblin. It cries out and comes tumbling down the side of the boulder, landing limply with a cloud of dust.

Ashnar and Rinaldo continue shooting at the ogre. One bolt hits the canoe uselessly, the other deflects off the creatures heavy chainmail armor. Tenebrynn strikes the ogre with his second magic missile. Gore now is splattered across the monster's chainmail. (5 pts)

The ogre trains his huge crossbow at the elf, who has partial concealment himself, now, behind a tree. He doesn't need it though, as the flying bolt goes far too high.

The hobgoblin backs up a few steps and releases another arrow at Charlyn, but misses. The last goblin atop the boulder sends a small arrow into Nurlan. (3 pts)

At this point, Ashnar and Tor notice a strange thing. Several green scaley humanoids begin splashing out of the surf on the beech. They have webbed hands and feet. They carry tridents. Two emerge near the cave where Jezibel entered, and two more near the cabin where Charlyn fights the hobgoblin.

Attachments

• beach.JPG
    beach.JPG
    34.9 KB · Views: 75

Steve Jung

Explorer
Charlarn of Phyrah: Male human cleric 3

Charlarn will guide his horse with his knees again (Ride check DC 5; check +2). He and his horse take a 5-ft. step east. Then, the cleric switches his weapon to his shield hand and grasps his wooden falcon. "Lady Phyrah, send a guardian to aid your humble servant." (casts summon monster II to get a celestial giant bombardier beetle.)

OOC: How do you want to handle summoned creatures? HP and control, specifically.

Cleric Spells Prepared (4/3+1/2+1: save DC 13 + level):
0–detect magic, guidance (2), light;
1–bless, cause fear, protection from evil, sanctuary*;
2–lesser restoration, shield other*, summon monster II.
*Domain spell.

Last edited:

Erekose13

Explorer
Tenebrynn moves out of the wooded area to the back of the building.

If there is still time remaining he will cast another magic missile at the ogre. With the scaley humaniods approaching, his primary goal is to get closer to where Charlarn went.

Manzanita

First Post
Summoned creatures would have standard hps per its type. They will attack your enemy. Any particulars beyond that would require communication, which probably wouldn't be possible with a beedle.

Gurdjieff

First Post
OoC: I'm very sorry for all the time I've been not responding and possibly holding up the game. After I became ill a couple of weeks ago I've had a hard time catching and keeping up with school, work, etc. and I never figured I'd be away this long. Again I'm very sorry, and I hope I can still take control of Irene again. If I'm not mistaking, she still needs updating to 3rd level.

Remove ads