M2: The Search for Goblin HQ

Manzanita

First Post
Round 7/8

In what remains of Round 7, Tor moves forward to the canoe. Nurlan shoots his crossbow at the ogre from behind. His bolt flies true, but is deflected by the ogre's thick mail.

Ashnar positions himself well, and sends a sheet of fire from his fingers, enveloping both fishmen. (OK, they're sahaugins. Nurlan recognizes them.)(Ashnar deals 5 & 7 pts dmg)

Charlyn sucessfully urges his horse to fight. One of its hooves finds the creature's skull and sends it crashing to the sand, out cold.

Round 8
Somac hurries forward and closes with the last sahaugin, but can't attack this round. Tenebrynn casts magic missile #7 at the ogre, who is starting to look like he's been grilled over a spit.

everyone else can act.

orsal

LEW Judge
Manzanita said:
Round 8
everyone else can act.

Nurlan delayed last round, so he should be going after the ogre. If, at the time of his initiative, he sees an enemy, either ogre or sahuagin, in position to make a melee attack on any of his friends, he'll move to within 30' and cast a daze spell. Note: this requires ending his now-redundant bardic music.

Steve Jung

Explorer
Charlarn of Phyrah: Male human cleric 3

Charlarn swings his weapon at the nearest sahuagin (Atk +4*; Dmg 1d8+1; includes +1 bonus for being on higher ground). If possible, he will direct his horse (Ride check DC 10; check +2) to attack S4 as well with its hooves (Atk +4 (x2); Dmg 1d4+3) and bite (Atk -1; Dmg 1d3+1). He says, "What are these creatures? And why are they attacking the goblins?"

Vigwyn the Unruly

First Post
Somac: Male Human Bbn 2

"Yes, yes, yes! We're vanquishing them! cries out the running barbarian, sweat flying from his rippling muscles as he pumps his fist in the air.

Knight Otu

First Post
Steve Jung said:
"What are these creatures? And why are they attacking the goblins?"

"I'd feel a lot more comfortable if I knew this, maybe we can take one of them prisoner."

(I take that Somac is on the way to this combat? If so, the following applies)

"Somac, I'll try to weaken that one. If possible, subdue!"

Ashnar takes a few steps back to cast a ray of enfeeblement (ranged touch +1; 1d6+1 Str penalty)

Patlin

Explorer
Tor, becoming enraged, moves forward the necessary 10' and strikes at the Ogre with his chain.

(Attack at +5 for 2d4+6)

ooc: Here I go into that dim grey land again... ;)

Manzanita

First Post
Round 8

(con't)
Charlyn fails to get his horse to attack, but between his morningstar and his beedle's bite, the sahaugin is slain.

Nurlan moves up towards the ogre and casts his daze spell. The ogre seems unaffected.

Ashnar may restate his round 8 action, as there are no longer any enemies in his viscinity
Rinaldo moves up with Nurlan and fires his crossbow at the ogre. His bolt hits in the stomach and stays imbedded. (3 pts dmg)

Tor then moves up and delivers the coup de grace, as he strikes down the ogre with his spiked chain. It's beaten, burned and pierced body hits the sand and does not rise.

The only living creatures left on the beach are the party, but the battle isn't quite over. From the two sahaugins out in the water, two move crossbow bolts fly. One narrowly misses Tor, the other imbedds in the sand near Ashnar's feet. The heads of two more sahaugin are visible in the surf about 5 feet into the waves.

At this point, the party also notices that the small boat in the bay is also being attacked by Sahaugin, as humanoids swing weapons at sea creatures trying to board. Details of the larger vestle outside the bay are obscured by distance.

Attachments

• beach.JPG
    beach.JPG
    33.7 KB · Views: 67

orsal

LEW Judge
When the bolts fly in from the water, Nurlan grits his teeth and reloads his crossbow, preparing to fire at one of the creatures attacking the party.

Last edited:

Steve Jung

Explorer
Charlarn of Phyrah: Male human cleric 3

Charlarn thinks, I'm going to need some riding lessons if I want to do this often. He slings his shield on his back and hooks his morningstar back onto his belt. "Is anyone hurt?"

orsal

LEW Judge
Steve Jung (Charlarn) said:
"Is anyone hurt?"

As he reloads, Nurlan says, "Just a bit. A goblin arrow nicked me. I think the others were hit worse." His mind is clearly more on finishing off the various enemies than tending to his wounds.

Remove ads